Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Handwriting or Typing? Which do you prefer?

Moonlight

146 users have voted

1. 1. Hand-Writing or Typing?

• Typing
    • Hand-Writing

My handwriting has always been bad, and it's probably a lot worse now that I hardly write anything anymore.

So, typing is more my thing, because ... well, it doesn't look like ass, and it's a lot quicker for me, among other things. :3

If I'm writing a lot, I prefer to type. It's just easier for things like stories, lesson plans, and back when I still had to write lengthy essays. I find I'm much faster when I type than when I write, and it means my thoughts flow from my brain to the page much faster. Also, it's easier to edit.

That said, I also love handwriting. It's far less practical, and I don't use it often outside of scrawled notes for students in class. But occasionally I'll make a point of writing a snippet of story in a notebook before typing and editing it, or take the time to write a letter to a friend in script. I have rather nice handwriting, and I like to take opportunities to use it.

One thing I do hate is writing on a whiteboard. I have terrible whiteboard writing. The thing is too slippery. I'd probably have been better off in the days of chalk, at least that offers some friction.

I prefer handwriting, even thought my handwriting is terrible. It's just a lot more comfortable for me :)

My handwriting has improved massively over time, but I honestly do prefer typing, especially since I like to use my the tools in my pencil case for mostly drawing/colouring purposes, which already takes a lot of time and effort.

I'm not trying to imply that handwriting takes a lot of time and effort, btw.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer to type; in all honesty.

Granted I don't mind writing, but since I was force to switch from left-handed to right, the overall quality of my hand-writing decreased all the way through college and today.

So yeah, typing...

I prefer typing. If I write too much, my hand gets cramped. It hurts so bad... omfg. That's why when I type stories and stuff, I use my iPad because it's easier. I can't even remember actually WRITING something by hand either. XD

It really depends what I'm trying to do, I think.

I find handwriting is a lot easier to remember things with...if I want to make a list of stuff to remember, putting a list on my desktop or on my phone won't commit anything to memory like writing the actual words out. Handwriting also allows for easier formatting for notes and the like.

Given that, if I actually have a lot to say, please let me have a keyboard.  :lol:

Edited by Nervous Stitch

Oh, Celestia. Typing, so much. See, my handwriting, first off, sucks. Second, I press down REALLY hard with pencil, and third, my hands get really sweaty because I have overactive glands or something. Also, I take TOO MANY NOTES in class.

Every single ELA teacher I've ever had has complained about my handwriting, btw.

To show you...

post-12375-0-77055900-1427855829_thumb.jpg

Celestia help us.

They both have their advantages, really.

I prefer typing when I need to get something down quickly and that's legible.

Handwriting I prefer when I need to recall things such as lecture notes or a shopping list.

Interesting how the method of writing can have different effects. Maybe it's just me? Who knows!

My handwriting is pretty neat, and a lot of classmates think so to and I can do it fairly fast, but I enjoy the sound of the keys typing, and I am much much faster on them anyway.

I will always prefer writing to typing. My handwriting is so much better than my typing (which kinda sucks). I can type while looking at the keyboard and go pretty fast but I can't look at the screen and go fast. It just doesn't work that way for me. besides, my handwriting is pretty okay.

I am not very sure. I prefer handwriting because anything I can think of, I can quickly jot down. However, I prefer typing because I can type quicker than I can write, so my thoughts are often more coherent in typed format than in writing format.