Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long will you continue being a brony after the show ends?

Rethajni

Brony  

117 users have voted

1. 1. Will you still be a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's see how well it goes first

When my little pony is done, bronys are going top keep on being bronys. We are still going to make content, we are still going give brohoofs, and we will continue to eat cheetos :3. Being a brony now doesnt meen you have to watch a show, but by being yourself and many people have proved that. I think its safe to say that bronys arent going anywhere (unless there is a great big fandom war that involves the whoovians, the treckies, the homestuckers and the animers).

Until I die and go to Equestria of course! MLP is not only great but people can learn from an enjoyable show. I have learned so much.

Show Kindness to everybody,

Show loyalty to your friends and the herd,

Show honesty towards haters and lovers alike,

Show Laughter in the form of being your self,

Show generosity by accepting everybody ideas,

Last but not least Magic show it in your personality.

Thats what My little pony has taught me.

Edited by The Stache
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I would eventually fallout of being a brony as the years go on.

However, I will always be a brony at heart. When I'm older and have my on little fil- children, I'm sure My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will appear on TV, and I'll reflect upon the glory day of the show back in the day.

I personally don't see myself leaving the fandom any time soon, especially since I only just got here, haha!

Furthermore I hope that the show just continues to be multi-generational, so that even though Generation 4 ends, eventually a Generation 5 will start and, good Lord willing, will be just as good if not better than the previous.

Edited by SilverQuill

FOREVER! Atleast not until I pass on my Bronydom to my children so they can experience the greatness that is MLP:FiM. I will always keep the show close to me as a momento for meeting you awesome people on the forum and for the fans in general. Your all beautiful people to me.

• Brohoof 1

I will sure as hell stay a brony for a long time, since it's not only the show that counts, no, the community is just...there aren't enough words in a dictionary to describe how great this community is.

In all seriousness: This community incarnates everything good that is there in humanity. Maybe there are some of us that get too much into it and act otherwise sometimes, it still doesn't bother me, since the majority of the bronies are as friendly and caring as one can be.

And that's why I will stick together with you guys for quiete a long time.

It may comes the day that I decide to turn my back on the bronyfandom, since interests change throughout one's lifetime. I just hope this day is as faraway as it can possibly be.

Conclusion: I'll stay a brony, even if maybe not until the end of my days, but how could I possibly predict that?

Mystery Science Theater 3000 ended in 1999, but the MSTies still exist, and now follow Rifftrax, if MST3K is still popular today, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic will endure the test of time. Unlike the previous fandoms I have been apart of, bronies are the friendliest and most expressive fans I have ever seen; it's a privilege to be apart of something so grand. So I will be a brony, so long as the bronies continue to exist, I will continue to be involved, and contribute to the fandom in anyway I can.

Easy

after the fans stop making shit for the show.

when the tumblers close down,

when the fan episodes stop,

i might be here a little longer than i should only case I like this sight, but.....

it'll be over.  the music will have stoped.

As Fluttermoon said, I'm still fans of many things that have ended. Take Fluttermoon's avatar. I still LOVE Sailor Moon, as well as Kim Possible in my own avatar. There is some great news for Sailor Moon fans. The long wait is coming to a close. The NEW Sailor Moon anime is coming! It's set to launch sometime between this December and January 2014! Maybe someday Bronies will be eagerly awaiting MLP:FIM 2.0!

attachicon.gifsailor-moon-20th-anniversary.png

really?

is the art work getting a face lift?

heh, oh the irony i just felt embersed for couping to seeing a "little bit." (more than I care to admit) on a MLP forum LOL.

Just because a show ends doesn't mean you have to stop being a fan of it. I will be a Brony forever, even if the fandom does annoy me at times. All of it will live on far longer than the show itself will and that is a fact. Besides, the show is pretty much infinitely rewatchable for me so there is that as well. A show this great shouldn't be abandoned even if it ends.

• Brohoof 1

Not a whole lot longer after it ends tbh. In some ways this whole year post Season 3 has been a warmup for that deep freeze. It will always hold a place in my heart and in my memories  Hopefully I'll have assorted projects done by then so it feels like i've wrapped up everything i started and not left them unfinished.

Well, im kind of cuious what does the word brony mean.

If it means being part of the community that likes ponies, then i wont be here so long.

But if it means how long i will continue to watch old episodes, i would say that i will always do it.  I dont think that something else can make so warm feelings in my heart.

I will be a brony forever. Even after the fandom ends. There will still be a few of us on the internet still talking about MLP 20 years from now and I'll be one of them. Even after even after that dies away I'll still be a brony. Forevvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr.

Well I think of it like this: it's like an author who finishes a masterpiece. Everyone reads it and they enjoy it very much. When they get to the end of the book, they go on an adventure on new frontiers for the book, like fanfictions, musicals, art, and so forth. That's what the bronies will do in general (including me). We'll still be making fan animations, musicals, fanfics until the world ends.

This has been more of a revelation than anything.  To think that something that was considered by many to be for those young and girlish is now embraced by a great many of the exact opposite demographic.  It has lead me to think that in light of this, even after MLP FiM ends, the very notions that were taken up by bronies and potential bronies at that end, of both accepting and enjoying this fictional setting, are likely to stick with them forevermore.

Perhaps whenever Gen 5 rolls around we shall come to enjoy that too?  And what about any other potential shows and settings that do not yet exist that might come to equal FiM or even surpass it?  To me, it seems MLP Gen 4 has opened a door.  A door towards even more "brony-like-mindedness" to whatever else awaits akin to FiM. 

The entire brony phenomenon in all of its composition, from analytics to fanfics and everything else, is not the end, oh no...it is just the beginning.  And there is little telling just how large this might get.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I hope G4 doesn't end soon. I tried to watch the previous generations and my eyes almost came out of their sockets. 

I will stay faithful to the fandom even after G4. They need to make it so that each character gets a special somepony, that should be one season for each of the mane six.e9FkmL5.png make it happen Hasbro

G4 is the best generation of MLP that is why I'm Brony and always will be/)

• Brohoof 3

Of course I'll still be a brony! I love watching over the seasons, no matter how many times I watch them, they just never seem to get boring of old! One season for each of the six? Phew, that'll be ALOT of work, but it would be awesome! <3

I don't know, I mean, I would like to, but I just don't think I will, I'll probably still like it but kinda forget about it almost if you understand what I mean :P (but I really still want to stay in the fandom for as long as possible :) )

• Brohoof 1

The length of the show really doesn't change whether or not your a fan. If you're a brony when the show's happening, you'll still be one when it's over. That being said, remaining an active part of the community is another story.

• Brohoof 6

Well of course I'll be a brony because I'll still be a fan of the show.  It's the best piece of entertainment I've found in years, and I adore the brony community.  I'm sure there will be all sorts of silly videos to watch and tearjerking fanfics to read even after the show is over.

I'll most definitely stay a Brony for a while after the show ends. I'm only in college now, so I doubt I'll ever be the 30 to 40 year old guy with a Luna license plates and rocking mlp clothin.. That said, I doubt I'll ever actually not be a Brony, rather it'll be one of those things that just fades over time. Like how I was a hardcore sly cooper fan when I was younger, to the point where me and my friends would pretty much Larp at recess re-enacting/ making up our own stories, then when I got a little older I hung out a lot on the Sucker Punch forums, and even did some sly cooper themed rp there. Now that I'm older I look back and think how fun it all was, and I still am a total fan of sly cooper, it's just no longer active in my lifestyle. I figure mlp will follow the same course when it ends. I'll still remember the massive effect it had on my life and all the good times with good friends that came from it, hell I'll probably still enjoy watching the show, it just won't be a part of my active lifestyle someday. Oh, and just like I have several sly cooper "keepsakes," I'll probably hang on to some stuff so I can reminisce when I'm older.

Unless of course my dreams come true and I am the proud owner of a Rarity themed Rossian Q1 and/or a Luna themed Diablo Gtr... then I'll probably get a pin-up, risque-style Spitfire as a full back tatoo, model my house after Twilight's library, and blast pony swag till the day I die!

• Brohoof 1

I'll always be a brony abd not care what people think about it. The show is great and has a positive message and if i ever have kids they gonna be watching dad's dvd of mlp fim

Heck yes! I'll be 50 and I'll still like MLP, sonic, Mario, and all that other stuff! I'm a child at heart. Once a brony/fan, always a brony/fan. There's no doubt.

• Brohoof 1

I can't say anything for certain about the future, but for now I don't see my love for the show and the fandom dying; but who knows, maybe someday I'll look back laugh at myself for ever getting caught up in it all. wink.png