Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long will you continue being a brony after the show ends?

Rethajni

Brony  

117 users have voted

1. 1. Will you still be a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's see how well it goes first

Hi everypony! I was wondering how long i continue being a brony and i decided to keep Equestria in my heart as long as i live, continue with my works of MLP even if it doesn't make sense for the rest of the pe

ople and if the fandom finishes (i doubt it)

And you will continue being brony? How long?

• Brohoof 2

Of course I'll stay a brony! my simple definition is someone who is willing to watch the episodes. If you look back, Teen Titans stopped after only a few years or so, but they still had fans continuing to love the show. How I see it is after Friendship is Magic ends, maybe 5 or 10 years later will be G5. 15 maybe. I will always be a fan of this show. I have very little to complain about the show.

• Brohoof 2

I'll continue being a brony as long as the fandom lives. I would never turn my back on it. It was because of MLP that I made my very first and closest friends online. As long as it exists, I will continue bronying on. :)

• Brohoof 2

This question keeps coming up, and honestly it puzzles me greatly as to why people are worried about it.

Brony is being a fan of My Little Pony. So.... when do you normally cease to be a fan of something?

It really puzzles me that so many Bronies think of themselves as fans only as long as there is potential new content coming. As if when the show ceases production, they will suddenly dislike the content that's already been produced. That they will cease to be fans of My Little Pony. It's a really *weird* mindset for a fan.

Fans aren't normally 'out of sight, out of mind' kinds of people. That's the point of *being* a fan, that you don't give up on things that easily.

I'm a fan of the original Battlestar Galactica. I didn't stop being a fan of Battlestar Galactica when the show ended in 1979. I didn't like any of the follow on shows (Galactica 1980, or the 2003 remakes), but I didn't stop being a fan of Battlestar Galactica.

I'm fan of the 1979 Buck Rogers TV series. I didn't stop being a fan when the show ended in 1981, and my being a fan of that has since extended to the old comics as I find them. Same with Flash Gordon, Dan Dare, and the like.

So why is everyone so willing and prepared to give up on being a fan of My Little Pony?

• Brohoof 8

I'll always enjoy the show, thus I'll forever be a brony. Even after the show ends the fandom will still survive. Just because a show ends doesn't mean people will stop liking it. Yeah, I'll be a little sad when G4 ends but I'll always love it. 

• Brohoof 1

How am I supposd to answer all these permanent "How long will you...?"/"What would you do when...?" questions? Decisions are path-dependent and contextual. You can't tell the future.

Well, I think as long as it interests me and I like it. That's it. If I consider the fact that I've been a huge Star Trek fan since I was seven years old -still am - and it didn't even caused me to enter a fandom, unllike FiM, I guess I'll be a brony for a long, long time.

I have been a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan for over 21 years, I grew up with the 80's and 90's series and still loved it long after it ended. I didn't know about the 2003 series until years after it aired but once I found out I watched it and loved it and am so far liking the 2003 series with the exception of the occasional nitpicky thing here and there. I never expected there to be reboots of the series when I was growing up, but it was popular enough for it to happen and is likely to also happen with MLP. There will be a G5, what it will be like none of us really knows but I think Hasbro will want to continue to keep the newfound brony audience and will keep that in mind with the G5 cartoon. But even if say the worst were to happen and G5 bombs it still wouldn't change my love of G4 and its characters so I will probably be one for quite some time.

• Brohoof 1

I'll probably  have MLP on my mind as I get older, I can't tell the future to see whether I'll grow out of it or not ,but I hope to still be a fan. dashshrugplz.png?1

Edited by Unipeg
  • Brohoof 1

... There will be a G5, what it will be like none of us really knows but I think Hasbro will want to continue to keep the newfound brony audience and will keep that in mind with the G5 cartoon. But even if say the worst were to happen and G5 bombs it still wouldn't change my love of G4 and its characters so I will probably be one for quite some time.

Not only do I agree with this entirely, but I am pretty sure that considering the massive success of G4 from the target demographic to bronies, from critical reception to merchandising, there is no way in hell that they would willingly screw up G5 without a change in executive control to less capable people.

While they may not get a Lauren Faust to jumpstart the series like G4 did, when the time comes, G5 will at the very least be decent, if not outright good depending on who they get as creators, showrunners, and directors.

Even if for some reason there wasn't a G5, though, I am sure I would still remain a fan of the show for a great time to come.

While the episodic nature of the show bugs me, you got to admit, MLP is one of the verfew shows where you can willingly go back and watch the same episode multiple times and not be bored. That's magical to me.

I'll be here forever, no matter what happens I'll be there. Brony for life! Why should I stop being a fan of the show because it has ended? I will always be a fan of it, the same goes for a few other shows that have stopped. It's very important in my life and the show means a lot to me as well as this fandom.

Brony for life!

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I'll probably abandon ship after a year or two after the show ends. I find little to no re-watch value in most things, so I won't be re-watching the episodes. :/

The only reason I'll stay for a year or two is because of my love of drawing ponies. Sure, I'll learn to draw other things, but I'm pretty good at drawing ponies and I'd prefer to stick with them for a bit.

I have no reason and see no reason to cease being a fan of the show merely because it ends. There are ponies that like long departed art forms, bands, film eras, television shows and other things. My Little Pony will still have fans even if it doesn't make a new series but I am sure that it will.

As long as fandom lives I'll remain a brony. And judging by most posts in this thread it won't just disappear after this show ends. That's good, because I saw many fandoms in my life and it's the friendliest one, I've encounter so far. And generally it's the best one I saw ;)

I'm going to stay here until the fandom dies out, but at the rate the fandom's going, that'll be a while. Even if the show ends on Season 4, 5, or 6, the fandom just might grab enough inspiration to keep going. Maybe we can continue with fanmade incarnations, you never know. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I'll definitely remain a brony after the show ends, but I do have to admit that as time goes on, there might be a day when I'll barely be into the show, and possibly even lose interest. I hate the sound of that :( but I'm just being real here. I recall being obsessed with other things in the past and I thought I'd be into those things for the rest of my life, but that didn't turn out to be the case. However, I will always think MLP is a great show, since it has brought me so much enjoyment and happiness in the past. There are a lot of old things that I'm not into anymore, but I will always love and appreciate those things, and MLP will be one of them if I ever fall out of my bronydom.