Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long will you continue being a brony after the show ends?

Rethajni

Brony  

117 users have voted

1. 1. Will you still be a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's see how well it goes first

I hate thinking about the end of the show and fandom. :(

Anyway, I'll always be a brony. Just because the show/fandom ends doesn't mean I'm going to stop being a brony. The show and fandom is seriously the best. Not to mention, the show and fandom is actually helping me overcome my fears. That, to me, is amazing. There will always be the show to rewatch, and the old, and hopefully, new stuff coming from the fandom as well. :)

• Brohoof 1

I hate thinking about the end of the show and fandom. :(

Anyway, I'll always be a brony. Just because the show/fandom ends doesn't mean I'm going to stop being a brony. The show and fandom is seriously the best. Not to mention, the show and fandom is actually helping me overcome my fears. That, to me, is amazing. There will always be the show to rewatch, and the old, and hopefully, new stuff coming from the fandom as well. :)

I agree with you 100%, Lauren Faust (props to her) opened an important part of our minds and hearts

And if the show ends i'm going to see the episodes like... ahm... gospels.

no, im not view MLP as something sacred, but like those holy books, they related the life and acts of valuable people and we learned their valuable lessons to use them for the rest of our lifes, same with MLP, i learn their lessons to use them for the rest of my life, plus, i will remember those cute ponies whenever i apply those lessons on my entire life, reason to never leave the fandom and my eternal love to MLP

I will remain a brony for the foreseeable future. I have no idea where MLP will go in the future, but FiM holds a special place in my heart. 10 years down the road my enthusiasm may dull, but for now, I don't see myself quitting being a brony. Even if stop watching the show and leave the community, the lessons, the memories, and the joy will always be a part of me. 

The way I see it I always was a Brony, I just didn't know there was a name for it. I'll always like the show even after it finishes and even if/when the fandom dies off.

The thing is just because something finishes it doesn't mean that what it gave you has to end too. As I said I was already this way before mlp came along, it just gave me a name to put to it.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

Hopefully if they ever end the show they will eventually make a new version of My Little Pony and continue the show in the future.

But I think I will actually will be a brony for the rest of my life, it will always be inside of me for a very very long time and probably to the day I die. And since I'm very proud of being a brony I don't think I will have a problem with being a future fan if they ever do make a new version of the show.

• Brohoof 1

Short answer: Probably a long time.

There are a couple things that make me think I'm going to be a Brony for a long time.

A. I'm a fan of Ed, Edd, n Eddy. Probably my favorite cartoon of all time. I believe "Big Picture Show" aired in 2008, so that's about 5 years with no new content.

All in all, I could see me in 5+ years watching reruns.

B. The fact many people forget when asking this question, that there will be a Gen 5. It may be a different plot, new characters and whatnot, but MLP won't be done after the current gen, and I suspect Gen 5 will be more of the same due to the extreme amount of success Gen 4 has/had.

Edited by Ian Moone

I don't think I'll quit being a brony or anything like that. Although the main fandom I'm apart of would change if something comes along which is better than My Little Pony and its fandom. So I guess that would be a long time.  :P

I feel that the idea of being a brony will carry on well after the show is over.

My Little Pony has offered guys a chance to embrace a less hyper-masculine attitude, giving them the ability to enjoy more than just what's considered "tough".

I, personally, don't think the show will end any time soon. It makes Hasbro money, it's a cash cow, and there are fans of it of all ages. It's pretty much every company's dream come true.

I think I'll be brutally honest with myself in these speculations. If the show gets cancelled, odds are after about a year or three I'll lose interest. Of course, I'll still like the show, and I'll still be able to relate to the fans, but my interest will simply wane and I'll move on to other things. Of course, I'll still come back and see what's going on in this community, and obviously give G5 a shot once they make that, as they undoubtedly will at some point.

I think how long I remain with the community really depends on if the community picks up the slack with fanmade stuff like Snowdrop and Double Rainboom and music, and whatmore, if Hasbro allows them to.

Honestly, though, I don't have plans to leave anytime soon, even if the show does get cancelled tomorrow. I'm just trying to be realistic.

Well even if the show ends, I see now reason to stop loving Friendship is Magic. Being in this fandom has brought me so much joy and tons of friends, plus many fandoms have endured over the years, and I'm sure ours will too and I will continue to be a part of it. :)

I cant really say...not to say i'll stop anytime soon. i enjoy being a Brony and ill continue that as long as i feel im interested and welcome too. if i had to say how long...it would most likely be a long time fan of the show and the fandom. i only started about a year and a half ago and with season 4 coming up, im sure i wont be bored. with my new Youtube channel up and the projects im working on with it, i got a lot to work with and to have fun with. so i plan to be a fan as long as the show remains and continues to grow...and im sure to grow with it as well.

As long as I can still watch the episodes somehow, and surround myself with my pony collection, I'll be a brony.  I mean, come on, Sailor Moon ended back in 1997, and I'm STILL a fan of the show, sixteen years later.

I will always be a fan of MLP, I will never forget the show, and all the bronies and pegasisters out there, MLP  is a part of my life..so even  if  they stop making episodes, I won't leave the fandom. Once a brony, always a brony.

Edited by Buttons Mom

As Fluttermoon said, I'm still fans of many things that have ended. Take Fluttermoon's avatar. I still LOVE Sailor Moon, as well as Kim Possible in my own avatar. There is some great news for Sailor Moon fans. The long wait is coming to a close. The NEW Sailor Moon anime is coming! It's set to launch sometime between this December and January 2014! Maybe someday Bronies will be eagerly awaiting MLP:FIM 2.0!

post-375-0-76328300-1378760387.png

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Whilst the thought of losing Friendship is Magic IS tragic, it's inevitable. Unavoidable. But I will never stop being a fan. I became a fan of the show, and it has helped influence my life in many ways I can't entirely say would be the case had I not discovered the show.

It will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will always be a brony; now and forever.

No reason to stop being a fan of a show even if it is no longer produced.  And also if it lasts a few more seasons it'll have quite a few episodes.  Plus there would be generation 5 afterwards, which may be good. 

Even if the fandom community ever dissolves I'll still consider myself a brony. If I had good memories of something then I'll always have good memories of it. I still have a bunch of my original Bionicle figures displayed on my shelf and how long ago was that popular. Once a fan, always a fan :)

Been a fan since gen1 at age 6, still own my sea pony bath toys. Hell I have the name, Rarity and her cutie mark in tattoo form on either side of my neck and the initals MLP on my arm, I would say for life here. I only respond here and now because I firmly think the message these days means more then ever. Yep I am 30 and have no shame to admit my imagination did not stop at age 13. Long live thiss fandom.

I will be a brony like forever.

Brony, at least for me, is something you learn inside yourself, related with every lesson you've learned through this story. The knowledge and strenght to be a little bit better every day. I couldn't possibly forget that, 'cause so I would be giving up to almost every reason to keep being a good person. And so it would be difficulty, almost impossible, to fight back against the bad things in my life, without any hope.

And that is what MLP is for me, is a form of hope. I'll keep being a brony despite the show's ending. I'll keep that hope alive.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

I'd stick with the fandom. We don't need a show to entertain ourselves, just look at how we're surviving through the periods between each season. We create fan-content. I'd stay in the fandom for my enjoyment in creating graphics featuring characters from the show. And I'm sure other musicians, artists and writers would stay to keep producing their content of the show.

Look at the Star Wars fandom. The original movies were made decades ago, but they still have a very large fanbase. You know why? Because of the fan-content. The fan-fictions, the songs, the animations, the art, the cosplay, and other forms of art. They are what keeps the fandom alive.

And has anyone ever thought that they will create another series featuring a cast of ponies? Generation 5? Hasbro has had several cartoons for My Little Pony so far, it's likely they they'll create another.

Edited by Sunset Shimmer