Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long will you continue being a brony after the show ends?

Rethajni

Brony  

117 users have voted

1. 1. Will you still be a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's see how well it goes first

I will return back to be an anime fan again mostly dedicated to Narutobase.

Before becoming a brony, I have dedicated to be a naruto fan.

After interested into MLP, the show has taken my time from concerning Naruto shippuden.

I began to research the brony culture by becoming a brony. Now sadly I have seen this series is on an edge of doom due to Hasbro.

Death once said that: " Life and death are eternal but fandom won't"

I hope that day would not come.

Edited by The Prime Reaper

Oh yes I will. I've been a die-hard sonic fan since 1991. Quite possible I'll stay a brony for just as long. I've learned a lot from this show, there's no way I'm going to forget it now. 

It would take a show of insane levels of awesomeness to replace my experience, I don't think that's possible any more. They only thing that can replace ponies right now is... well... more ponies I guess??

Edited by Malinter

I'll never forget my ponies, that's for sure, and I'll watch the show over many times, maybe not all the seasons, but the ones that remain good (I do hope the whole G4 will remain good, but we can't be sure of it). Does it mean I'll still remain a brony? Yes then. This show will always have the special place in my heart. Always.

Oh yes, I'll be around long after the show is over.. I love this show.. more so then I think any of you do... not saying I'm better or anything but this show saved my life.. not kidding... so I own this show so damn much.. top of all that I love the show..

I can barely call myself a brony now. I watch the show, look up a bit of fanart and keep an eye out for Ponies Anthology 3. That's it. I don't hardly take part in the fandom anymore, especially since I stopped coming to MLPForums.

That said, I gotta get around to watching earlier generations of MLP. They can be hard to find, I've found. Tried watching the first episode of the original cartoon and the one video I found had really low volume so I stopped trying to strain my ears listening. Also didn't have headphones at the time but you know... tongue.png

I hope G4 doesn't end soon. I tried to watch the previous generations and my eyes almost came out of their sockets. 

I will stay faithful to the fandom even after G4. They need to make it so that each character gets a special somepony, that should be one season for each of the mane six.img-1958874-1-e9FkmL5.png make it happen Hasbro

G4 is the best generation of MLP that is why I'm Brony and always will be/)

"G4 is the best generation! The older ones are awful! Also, they need to add this really cliche stuff to G4!"

Yeah, how about no? "They need to make it so that-" NO.

Thank the gods fans don't get to write any official material.

Anyway, why would the show ending suddenly stop me being a fan? Of course I'll still be one. Twin Peaks ended in '91, not three full months after my birth, and I love it. Endings don't kill fandom.

Edited by Koelath

To me, being a brony is more than just loving the show. The show is a huge part of it no doubt, but it's also the fanbase surrounding it, the amazing community that formed around the TV show itself. And that community is going to stay around for a long time after G4. So yes, I will stay a brony after G4 ends.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see why anyone wouldn't be. Just because the show has ended doesn't mean you can't rewatch episodes and enjoy them as well as being a part of the fandom!

Harry Potter ended and people haven't suddenly stopped liking it. Futurama ended and there are still loads of people who still love that show.

I will be a brony for mah life! ;P

To me it's not just about watching the show. Being a brony it's also participating in communities like this one, making lots of friends, and being as happy as you can. Why to stop being one? 

I still watch ed edd n eddy soo.

I'll hang around for a good while.

Who knows? maybe this fandom will be long lived, if the next generation is good then it will rise once more over the internet.

I can't see anybody answering "no" to this poll.  Why is it even an option?  ;)

The love doesn't end just because the TV program does.  The fandom will diminish somewhat.  But it will endure years, possibly decades, after the final episode airs.  And I will continue to be a part of it!  :D

I voted yes, besides my now trio of MLP tattoos and loving wife who she and I share lovey-time pony names for each other, we bounded over this show while dating several years ago. I do not really think this is something that can be just "let go" when our kids are sitting thru the tenth time about how we snuck into the prime showing of EQgirls on our first anniversary.

This show really is at its core about love and frienship, I can not imagine a single reason to forget about it. This from a man who to this day still writes Gargoyle Fanfiction and Roleplays Sailor Moon at my local game store D&d style and how old are THOSE animated series?

lol, don not fear the future your heart will know what it wants no matter what comes to you. New jobs, new loves, hell horrible tragic episodes in family health or personal, it doesnt matter. Even in our darkest OR in our happyest times, we WILL find that thing that makes our heart sing that single cord that strikes differntly then any-other-persons, or in this case, ponies.

Trot on Brother, trot on.

I don't think so, but I would always refer to myself as a "post-brony". However, if Hasbro manages to make a G5, we'll see if it goes well from there.

I will still remember the brony fandom and my experiences gained from it if it eventually fades.

There is nothing that will stop me at this point. After the show ends, I'll still enjoy things that the fandom makes and had made in the past. I'll also plan on following some of the voice actors around, watching their stuff and sticking with them in particular. But I find myself past the PNR and I enjoy it.

I'm sticking around this fandom for a very long time, since this community has helped me mentally and with my problems. Even after the show ends, I'll be behind the scenes looking and watching anything that the fandom makes.

Yeah, though I love the show and wouldn't be here if it wasn't for it. That being said, in my brief time in the brony community, I've met some of the most amazing people and been embraced by one of the friendliest, most pleasant, nicest and just allround... ya know, awesome fandoms around today.

Brohoof!happy.png 

Why wouldn't I be? :D This show is awesome! And even when the show ends in canon, there's still probably going to be so much stuff cranked out by the fanbase. But it is sad that this will eventually end. Who knows? Maybe this is the last season for the show. I hope not. I hope this show can go on for as long as The Simpsons has and still be just as good. But we'll see :) For now, I know that, yes, I'll still be a brony even after the show ends. 

I know I'd stay a brony for a very long time. I've made so many friends by being a brony, and it's taught me true freindship. How could I ever give up on the show if it's changed my life in so many positive ways?

I'll always be a Brony and this show will be the show I'd share with my theoretical children in the future.

In the future I probably wont be discussing the show or anything like that anymore, and I probably wont be doing anything community related. But in the end I'll always be a Brony even after the show ends.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say no, fandoms may come and go but this one has been special and I won't forget it. Sure, it's been a bumpy ride sometimes and I've wanted to pull my own hair out dealing with drama and bullshit from the problematic portion portion(just like a real family) but I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. I've just never been part of something quite like this before and it's a feeling I don't want to let go of. I almost wish I could experience it all for the first time again, from the first time I watched season one and the start of season 2, all the way through reading those first few fanfics, Silent Ponyville(which will always hold a place in my heart) Creeping Darkness, Better Living Through Science and Ponies.

I even wish i could go back and feel that moment I read "A Fillies Final Dream" and it broke me down and made me cry for the first time since I was a child. In that moment I finally let the pent up tears I held for my sister and grandparents I lost long ago out and put a part of me at peace and restored some of my waning faith due to what I felt in that moment. 

I know it may be less pronounced than it is now, and will probably someday fall into place as just another piece of the puzzle. Just another part of me, but it will always hold a special place in my heart just like Yu-Gi-Oh does. When the times comes down the road and I'm a old man surrounded by friends and family, and it comes time to step into the light I'll probably ask if in all of creation Equestria is real somewhere and if it is ask if we can pass through and say hi. Maybe Pinkie will throw a little party to celebrate the start of my journey home.  

Song because it seems to somewhat fit the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksn91wXHgx8

Edited by Shoboni