verycreativeusername

116 users have voted

1. 1. What would you rather lose?

• Taste
    • Smell
    • Sight
    • Hearing
    • Touch

So, just a random question by me. Would you rather be unable to see, hear, taste, touch, or smell?

I would rather lose the ability to taste. That way I can eat more healthier foods without thinking: "Damn, that tastes bad." I as well wouldn't need to buy candy and other unhealthy food since I no longer can get pleasure from eating them.

• Brohoof 1

Smell. Sight and hearing are of utter importance to me. Taste? Man, I love eating stuff. Touch? Well... when two people love each other... erm... you know the rest of this story.

But smell? I doubt I couldn't live without it. I'd loose a lot, for sure, but it's probably a sense of lesser importance. If not the least.

Strange, my science teacher just talked about this on Friday. He told me that having no sight would be the most likely way to live, but saying why the others would die faster would take a while.

But regardless, I'd lose taste for the same reason as you. I could eat things like green beans and I could get healthy faster.

• Brohoof 1

As odd as it may sound out of all of the senses I would want to lose my sight simply because all the other senses are more useful in my opinion. Though no matter which you choose it has major ups and downs, for me I would lose the ability to play alot of games / use my computer to its fullest ability though on the other hand I could wear a blind fold and become Lee sin the blind monk. Though losing the sense of smell wouldn't be to bad in some cases either just because there are somethings in this world I wish that I never smelt.... 

Edited by Cakebandit

My eye sight isn't actually that good anyway and I had considered that. But I like walking and reading, and I'd loose alot of independence if I were blind. Especially as some places here are dangerous to be around, even with eyes XD

Every senses are important. Smell for gaz and stuff, taste to see if you are not eating rotten food, touch to see if you are injured, etc.

But I guess I could loose smell, other people around me could smell the danger.

If I had to lose one sense, it would probably be smell. Sure, I wouldn't be able to taste that much or recognize foods like I'm used to, but I think out of all my senses, that is really the least important.

I like to see, I like to hear, I like to touch, and I like to taste(which would be unfortunately very limited without a sense of smell), but smelling itself I can do without. :P

• Brohoof 1

People who say touch is not useful don't realize that they could hurt themselves really bad without knowing it, like sitting in one position too long could grate your coccyx until it reaches the back bone.  Seriously, it's probably the most important in a survival sense since you'd hurt yourself all the time and you wouldn't care :\

For me, I would lose taste.  It's the least important for survival and really, if the food is that bad, I could still smell it.

• Brohoof 3

Taste, it is the least essential out of all the senses you have listed.

I'd be happy losing the sense of touch because that way you would essentially not feel any pain that's external.

Not being able to feel someone touch me or feel myself touch someone else just kind of sounds... Amazing, I don't know why.

That would go badly quick.

I was reading a story about a girl who was born without the ability to feel touch, she bites her nails and often bites right through her hand because she can't feel the pressure she is applying with her teeth and doesn't feel the biting. I also imagine not being able to feel pain would be bad because you would never know if something was killing you..

Edited by ~Harmonic Harmy~
  • Brohoof 3

How would one even be able to function without the sense of touch? So you'd feel like you were floating in the middle of nowhere no matter what you were doing? Ugh... Sounds awful... Nightmarish.

It's a choice between taste and smell. Probably smell. I like smelling, but I could live without it. Sight and hearing I couldn't live without.

• Brohoof 1

Not too sure what to choose. Its either smell or taste. Smell , you know, for that smell bad. I already deal with having a stuffing nose all day, only once in a blue moon can I smell clearly. For taste... I guess so I can eat spicy things. But I do want to be a chef so being able to taste is needed so I guess I will lose smell.

Answering a question like this is ALMOST as hard as answering "What parent would you rather be without?" or "what pony would you rather be without?" - It would be REALLY impossible to answer those two, but this question that you are asking, is simlar in the "if" thing.

I voted sight, but I don't like the question anyway. We need ALLOFEM!

I voted taste to conquer all of the vegetables and other food that I hate without any worry. This is also essential to parents keep on complaining about children not eating

And remember what flottershy said

but I don't like the question anyway. We need ALLOFEM!

• Brohoof 1

For me it's smell. I generally know what kind of things to stay away from and smell isn't really as important besides supporting taste.

Also, to anyone saying that they don't want the sense of touch: most people born with disorders eliminating touch rarely live beyond their teen years.

Losing smell.  It's the lesser of all of them, and wouldn't effect my life.  The only downside I won't be able to smell fresh bread or walk into Olive Garden and smell good things.

My touch I guess, even though I like touching stuff. I need sight for driving, I need hearing to drive and hear the engine. I need taste because I like food and I need to be able to smell food and cars. I wouldn't want to loose anything though.