1. 1. What are you?

• Pegasus
    • Unicorn
    • Earth pony
    • Alicorn (What do you represent?)
    • Donkey
    • Dragon
    • Crystal pony

I would either be an earth pony or unicorn. Earth pony because they have super strength, so I could defend myself against anyone or anything that attacks me. And also so I can grow my own food. Unicorn so I could learn magic.

• Brohoof 2

Unicorn.

I like magic, and my self-insert's talent is charms/enchantments:

ab63333035d4159cd8b37b6224f7f838.jpg

Yeah, now that I think about it, maybe I'll be unicorn. I would specialize in protective magic. And maybe learn a prank spell or two :)

• Brohoof 1

I would choose Unicorn, without a doubt. ^^

But, I think you may have posted this in the wrong section of the forums, friend. ^^"

I would choose Unicorn, without a doubt. ^^

But, I think you may have posted this in the wrong section of the forums, friend. ^^"

Yeah... this should be in, like, Sugarcube Corner or something.

Edited by Anti-Villain

For me, its definitely a Pegasus  Have the freedom of flying and being active just makes you feel "alive"...........*whoa, that sounded...........weird*.  Also, I could put down Alicorn too.

• Brohoof 1

Well, the power of flight really doesn't mean much to someone that's not even wholly invested in.. moving.. like ever.

If you think about it, a pegasus is implicit in magic, which is "the power to do whatever you damn well please", just with more effort involved.

The merits of unicorning would include: multi-tasking (housewifeing if you will), performing menial tasks with relative ease, as well as all tasks requiring fingers (especially thumbs) and/or physical labour, for protection, and basically solving every problem ever that doesn't somehow require wings or earthpony talents.

Becoming an above-twilight tier magic user will be probably be difficult, but any effort of that kind will consistently be rewarded with the power to remove the need for other kinds of effort. I think it's a very proportional and honest power.. like a magical swiss army knife which becomes increasingly more useful the more you invest your time in it.

So, yeah.. unicorn for me, please..

Edited by Milky Jade

Actually, when you think of it, most unicorns don't know complex magic at all. It's not always part of their lives, and it might imply that magic is difficult to use. Twilight Sparkle is one of the exceptions because her talent IS magic. 

I believe that even if you grew up as a unicorn, it would be pretty difficult to learn anything more than levitation and light. Teleporting, healing, conjuration, and destruction (elemental, dark magic, etc.) would probably take years to master. 

Twilight Sparkle is one of the exceptions because her talent IS magic. 

I believe that even if you grew up as a unicorn, it would be pretty difficult to learn anything more than levitation and light. Teleporting, healing, conjuration, and destruction (elemental, dark magic, etc.) would probably take years to master. 

That, and she's Celestia's student - like I expounded in a few posts above, magic is a straightforward effort-reward system. Surely talent and perhaps affinity plays into it, but not for the most part. Personally, I think that most unicorns just don't need advanced magic - they use it for their profession and chores, and little else. Twilight studies magic because that's just what she's into.

I'm sure that if you were fully invested in learning magic, then yeah, after years upon years you could converge Twilight-level magic.

Perhaps beyond, I wouldn't know.

By the way, I've always thought teleportation > flight, given the choice. You could for starters teleport into the air and use a glider or parachute or something.. Preferably while loudly chanting:

• 2 weeks later...