Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What countries are you obsessed with?

Hi Hi Puffy YumiMiko

I know it's not a country, but Quebec. I'd love to move there one day (when my French improves enough).

I'm also obsessed with France :D As well as America. I love learning the history of the US and all the cool stuff.

Like so many others here, Japan  and I also like South Korea.

Japan is just crazy weird to me, that makes it really interesting to find out more about :D!

South Korea has a lot of awesome stuff in it, and there video game culture is awesome and I'm forever pointing to it.

Oh gosh, Choices... I like Russia & Germany because of their history, Italy & Greece for their pre-A.D days, Japan for their culture.

despite the slack it gets, the U.S is a great country with an amazing landscape and a mix of opinions.

I guess it would be treason if I didn't mention the U.K, for our work with the Commonwealth.

I have been obsessed with Japan since very young and, I think when I was 20, switched to UK. (No idea how that happened...)

I went to a hotel school in order to find more easily a job and move there but, alas, I found my special somepony in Italy.

I'm not really obsessed with any other country now. It surely is important to travel and live in other countries to grow as a person but, in my case, being happy and satisfied with life doesn't make me want to move to another country as it happened when I was younger.

Oh god, I love Belarus, Turkey, North Korea and Austria :3 also Sealand strong!

Lol, Sealand  :P Best country listed here yet

Edited by Loona
  • Brohoof 1

I am crazily obsessed over Russia, Don't know why.

People ask why? Cause of the awesome culture there, I'm NOT a summer person [the moment the temperature goes over 28C I don't function]

The crazy people. And the language, brilliant. 

But seriously though, Russia and America should just leave the past behind and become friends now.

I have to say, Italy... Love that country soooo much! I also love Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany... Any European countries :)

not really obsessed with the UK (because I live here) but I do love my country

Oh but my biggest obsession has to be with the states... I want to learn as much as I can about it

- Germany. A very lovely place with a very rich culture. The work ethic is second to none, and the food and drink? Heavenly. I like to think the UK and Germany are basically just brothers: We bicker and we fight, and we tell rude jokes about the other, but we really do love eachother.

- America. Dulled a bit since my last relationship (Which was with an American. Didn't end well), but I still want to visit the States because of the history (Abraham Lincoln ranks as one of my most loved historical figures.), the food, the atmosphere, and just the general scene. Every state seems to have such a unique atmosphere and they are an amazing melting pot of cultures. One of my dreams is to take a road trip across America.

- Jamaica. The accent, the people, the food and the entire feel and buzz of the country. Sadly, it is pretty high with crime and corruption, but I still would love to visit a country which has always been a brothers-in-arms of the UK.

- Japan. I love the entire history of the place, and it's one of the few countries left that truly venerates its history. (I'm a historical buff) It's such a wonderful, eclectic mix of technology and history. Plus, it has a very unique culture. Definitely something i'd love to experience.

Well, i'd love to visit every country at least once, but those are the ones i'm obsessed with. As a Brit, I would like to say the UK, but being in Northern England (Which is generally....Well, let's just say I live in a part that's economically buggered.) kind of dulls it. Still, can't beat a day in Whitby and fish and chips on the pier.

• Brohoof 2

@@GottlosMann, hah! Just when I thought I was going to be the first one to mention Spain :P

It's only recently that I started getting curious about Spain. Other countries of interest are Iceland and Bolivia. What's special about Bolivia? It has the largest salt flat in the world: the Salar de Uyuni. Even the desert environment around the salt flat is pretty interesting.

Here's a video of it. Be warned of the possibly creepy mummy at the end.

• Brohoof 1

Ahhh, so many countries I want to visit that I love.  Let's see, lemme start with Japan.  I LOVE the culture and the place itself.  I would love to visit it.  Next would be Canada-It's just awesome, and my best friend lives there!  There's also Norway, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Norse Mythology. <3  Then there's New Zealand and also Australia...  They're just so amazing!

There are a lot of countries I'd love to go and visit. I've been abroad in my life yet, I've been stuck in the UK forever... (Not that that's a bad thing haha XD).

I can't really think of any main countries though. I'd probably visit a country to see it's natural beauty, as I'm a keen walker and hiker. My list probably goes like this:

• New Zealand (Looks amazing, *cough* Lord of the Rings *cough*)
  • USA. I'd love to go and visit. To be honest I don't think it's too much different to the UK culture wise, but I'd really like to visit the big cities and landmarks. Maybe the Rocky Mountains and the Grand Canyon as well.
  • Germany. Being a small percentage German, I've always wanted to visit. It looks beautiful, and I'd love to see a German football (Soccer) match there as well.
  • South America. I really want to see the Inca and Aztec ruins in the Andes. Can't remember exactly where they are though...

If there's any more I remember I'll add on!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Well I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but I do like the US(my home country), Sweden (my grandfather and his parents were from there), Finland, Norway, Poland, Italy, Spain...and many more countries. I like the culture and the traditions these countries have. When I look at them, they are so different from the U.S. culture; it's pretty cool if you ask me.

Most any European country because rich history, amazing architecture, art, music, and so on. Oh, and European women are sexy as fuck.

Middle East because I try to keep myself aware of all the shit that goes down there, as much as it pisses me off and drags me down.

The US, because I live here and I try to be aware of how my country works on many different levels.

Russia, because my bro Sergei is awesome. 

Canada because I know so little about it. It's an enigma for me, for now.

That's about it.

Most any European country because rich history, amazing architecture, art, music, and so on. Oh, and European women are sexy as fuck.

lol, straight up

For me, it would probably be Grenada. I don't really know why, but i've always wanted to live there.  :ooh:  

grenada.jpg

Edited by Guest