Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

That is really something of a tournament there, friend. I really like it.

I think Big Mac would be up on the last black for the win and for the next spot. He could just automatically win against Golden Delicious with just a single kick of the ball and it'll fly towards the goal without even stopping.

• Brohoof 1

Applebloom,Fluttershy,Pinkie Pie and Big Mac :3

Oh,and because no one said it yet....

InB4 Everypony Goes Gay For Braeburn :3

Too late, check my above post xD :blush:

Wrong! :3

You posted a pic of a Handsome version of Braeburn,but you didn't InB4'ed it :P

Wow... I guess the banner changed the entire complexion of the voting huh? I hope it stays up for the duration of the World Cup... :blush:

And if you haven't, check out the fan interviews by going to the link that's on my signature! :catface:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I voted for the applefamily applebloom is just adorable  :wub:  as for mane six pinkie pie is 3rd favorite fluttershy not so much but still i voted just because she is a mane six character 

Edited by Saudi brony

Group of Death for me was between A and G... I went with A; only 2 can advance to the knockout stages so between Sweetie Belle, Luna, and Trixie, somepony's gonna be left out. No offense to Shining Armour Fans; but I don't see him standing a chance. My dark horse isn't a horse at all, but a Zebra... Look for Zecora to make some waves... No sure f she'll get past AJ or Chrissy to get to the next stage; but it'll be close. And while I like her personally, I think Derpy will end up saying "I just don't know what went wrong?" When all is said and done I see Rarity and Spitfire advancing from group E. As I said, I'm a Derpy fan, but I've seen no activity lately from her fan club and remember a recent Sugar Cube corner poll where a lot of ponies seemed to disagree with me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Group of death is obviously Group B why? because best pony for me at least applejack is in that group and us (her fans) are growing rapidly so you can think of applejack as an overkill for the competition she has in that group  

Edited by Saudi brony

Group of death for me is Group A. Not going to go into predictions, because anything can happen, but it will be tough for Shining Armor and Sweetie Belle. I think Group H will be the most interesting since, come on! The fanbases of all these characters are strong! I really think that this group could give us some surprises ;) Personally, I feel like Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch will disappoint us all later, but that is just my guess. But overall, I think the groups are well done, but I also think some characters may face a horrible destiny ahead.

• Brohoof 2

Where do you see who is in what groups again? :( sorry I'm so derp at foruming :(

(edited)

Where do you see who is in what groups again? :( sorry I'm so derp at foruming :(

In my signature!!! haha No, the link for the first page of this thread is in my signature (the first link), then it's under the second spoiler in the OP. But here's the recently-made fancy group chart again:

post-1689-0-86818900-1401913986_thumb.pn

(Group C has Angel in that 2nd slot, but the white letters are completely invisible...)

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a feeling Celestia could upset Pinkie Pie in Group D.  :comeatus: (if only there was a Celestia smiley)

Edited by Guest

In my signature!!! haha No, the link for the first page of this thread is in my signature (the first link), then it's under the second spoiler in the OP. But here's the recently-made fancy group chart again:

img-2710168-1-post-1689-0-86818900-14019

(Group C has Angel in that 2nd slot, but the white letters are completely invisible...)

Thank you so much ^^ Really helpful

I'm not sure to understand what the "dark horse" is?

"Dark horse" is a term used to denote a competitor that isn't expected to do very well, but may pull a surprise victory or more (like winning the whole thing etc). It's synonymous with "underdog" essentially. It's just asking which pony you think could do surprisingly well and possibly beat their tougher competitors.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

"Dark horse" is a term used to denote a competitor that isn't expected to do very well, but may pull a surprise victory or more (like winning the whole thing etc). It's synonymous with "underdog" essentially. It's just asking which pony you think could do surprisingly well and possibly beat their tougher competitors.

Oh I see, thanks for the explanation. :) Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
Group D is my group of death because I love both Scootaloo AND Celestia. One of them's got to go in the group stages, and knockout stage awaits with matches against graduates from other difficult groups (and potentially Applejack if Scootaloo upsets Pinkie).

Dark horse? All I'm gonna say is, don't get cocky when facing off against any of the CMC.

Most likely to disappoint? Luna. She's going to have to fight two very real threats to make it out of group stage. If she gets runner up... enjoy your immediate matches against powerhouses, Luna!

(Group A's a good group of death for this reason.)

Rainbow Dash is less of a potential disappointment and more of the underdog of the Mane 6.

That was an unexpected sentence.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Group of Death: B, but I might be wrong, I don't know how exactly Applejack is popular now.

Dark horse: I assume everybody knows Rarity will do well. However, I'm not sure Spike will. So him.

Unfortunately, and even though she's my favorite mane 6, I'm pretty sure Rainbow Dash will disappoint us.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

Group of Death: B, but I might be wrong

There's no wrong answer :catface:

Personally though, my group of death is Group H. There's a really strong group overall here. A Mane 6 character in Rainbow Dash, combined with two important secondary characters in Spike and Princess Cadance, and a popular one-timer in Daring Do make this group really intriguing. I can see an upset or two in this group as there's going to be a lot of popularity lost after the Group Stages are done.

I say Spike's the dark horse in this regard. He can potentially make it to the knockout stages, face a possibly weaker opponent from Group G, and go to the quarterfinals, which in itself is quite an achievement.

Finally, people will probably expect Big Mac to get into the Round of 16, but I don't think he'll make it that far. I think he's got a good chance of being beaten down by Lyra.  

• Brohoof 2