Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gilda the Griffon: Your Opinion on her Past and Future in MLP

Comet Tail

Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Oh I hope that character doesn't return. Something about her just really annoys me. I think it's most likely because I've know people like her in real life who were jerks.

If she does return though, perhaps she might come back and challenge Rainbow Dash in some way. In the end Rainbow Dash decides to let her "win" out of sympathy, and Gilda realizes the error of her ways, and becomes friends with Rainbow Dash again. She might also warm up to the other ponies in Ponyville at the same time.

~~

Hmmm the race idea could be interesting if there is more some kind of international race. I mean you have races in cloudsdale -- but Rainbow Dash might be invited to something on a more international level -- this year being held in a griffon town.

I envision the same thing for Gilda as I do for Trixie, returning as an antagonist but eventually becoming an ally after she has learned her lesson.

They could also do an episode about repairing friendships centered around Gilda & RD.

ok, I'll put my two cents in.

I've been strafing on the agreeing side back to the disagreeing side and back again. A lot.

Gilda doesn't need another appearence. She was a type of character that only needed one inning, and no more.

Many people believe she should return, but I see otherwise. Gilda didn't have something done to her or anything that would need a second episode appearance. She was flat on her personality, and she didn't do much to the franchise of tv series at all.

Let me put this in.

Chrysalis, she was banished to everfree forest, which would take consideration of another episode just because of how she was left there. And Gilda, she had returned back to whatever the place is called, not needing another episode.

Personally, that makes sense to me. But Gilda isn't needing another episode.

Hmmmm -- if gilda somehow thought that it would be "cool" to be an element of disharmony then maybe we will see her as well as trixie if that speculation turns out to be true.

Yes, That would be awesome! Gilda: Element of Betrayal! But wait, then wouldn't she double-cross her own team!?

If they do go with Anti-Elements my guess is something like this..

Trixie-Chaos Magic

Gilda-Betrayal

Flim &/or Flam- Dishonesty

Diamond Dog(s?)-Greed

Some sort of Physical Manifestation of pinkie's dark side Pinkamina-Anger (because chaos magic!?)

Diamond Tiara or Iron Will-Brutality

• Brohoof 1

Hold the phone -- where did it say Chrysalis was basnished to the everfree forest? It just kind of showed her and her changelings flung out of Canterlot. If she were actually banished to Everfree, I could see her taking over Zecora someday and causing trouble via that route.

• Brohoof 2

Hold the phone -- where did it say Chrysalis was basnished to the everfree forest? It just kind of showed her and her changelings flung out of Canterlot. If she were actually banished to Everfree, I could see her taking over Zecora someday and causing trouble via that route.

When she got flung out, she was thrown towards the everfree forest, where they were banished for a time.

And I lost my phone. I can't hold it *sarcasm*.

Yes, That would be awesome! Gilda: Element of Betrayal! But wait, then wouldn't she double-cross her own team!?

If they do go with Anti-Elements my guess is something like this..

Trixie-Chaos Magic

Gilda-Betrayal

Flim &/or Flam- Dishonesty

Diamond Dog(s?)-Greed

Some sort of Physical Manifestation of pinkie's dark side Pinkamina-Anger (because chaos magic!?)

Diamond Tiara or Iron Will-Brutality

Hmm -- Greed could be Spike's long lost mother or father (a dragon). That would make an interesting twist.

The opposite of kindness would be malevolence.

The opposite of laughter would be something like hopelessness as opposed to anger.

If Gilda were to come back I think she would want revenge on Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash.

Here is howI think the episode would go. It would April fools day in Ponyville. Pinkie Pie and RD would be pooling harmless pranks around town. Everyone would get a good laugh. The next day more pranks would happen, but they would be more dangers. PP and RD would be accused of doing them. PP and RD would try and find who did it and in the end it would be Gilda.

It's just an idea I had.

If Gilda were to come back I think she would want revenge on Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash.

Here is howI think the episode would go. It would April fools day in Ponyville. Pinkie Pie and RD would be pooling harmless pranks around town. Everyone would get a good laugh. The next day more pranks would happen, but they would be more dangers. PP and RD would be accused of doing them. PP and RD would try and find who did it and in the end it would be Gilda.

It's just an idea I had.

I agree that she would want revenge, but really, April Fools Day? They did tons of pranks in the last episode she was in. Not to bash on you or anything, I'm just saying.

On another note, I don't think Gilda would come back. She's probably the most hated character. Personally, I think she's a boring character. Besides for that, I don't think there's much that they could do with her, besides for the before-mentioned revenge plot.

I agree that she would want revenge, but really, April Fools Day? They did tons of pranks in the last episode she was in. Not to bash on you or anything, I'm just saying.

On another note, I don't think Gilda would come back. She's probably the most hated character. Personally, I think she's a boring character. Besides for that, I don't think there's much that they could do with her, besides for the before-mentioned revenge plot.

True it would just be some what of a repeat episode, but I got the idea from a post I made. The post was "What other Holidays would you like to see" or something like that. A lot of people said they would like to see an April Fools Day episode and so I thought how would that episodes work. Like I said RD and PP pulling pranks on the town, next day pranks get more dangerous, RD and PP are blamed, then they find out it was Gilda.

Also I do think Gilda should not come back to. They have done what they can with this charter and I don't think they can do much else with her. I was just posting a random idea that came to my mind.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know Gilda the Griffon may be a mean streak. But, I kind of like her. I don't like what she done before, I think it's a good idea if she comes back again. Not as good, but still the same. But believe me, she may be a mean and a cruel character, but, I think deep inside she is a good griffon with a good heart.

So... do you fans want her back? Or don't want her to reappear again?

I don't really see a purpose for her to come back. I feel as though she has learned her lesson quite well. However, trixie has been said to be making another appearance in the show, so I guess anything goes.

• Brohoof 2

I dont know maybe she will show up for a bit but not too long to say hi or some thing but she already had her own episode in the first place. We dont know what is going to happen in the 3rd season so any thing could happen.

Gilda is a very unique character, not only in species but also in the fact that she's basically the only main connection to Rainbow Dash's past that we're aware of, other than the Flight Camp flashback where Dash Rainboomed, and got all of her soon-to-be friends their cutie marks. I personally wouldn't mind Gilda returning and being an instrument used to explain Dash's past a little bit more.

• Brohoof 5

I am unsure about how I feel about Gilda, I don't know what point her appearence would be and if she would have 'changed' so I can't really decide. But I do like Chaotic Discord's idea/thoughts on it. Chaotic made a really good point.

That is like the equivilant of asking if I want a swift kick to the groin. I will tell you the same thing I tell my idiotic friends who ask me the groin question. "STOP TRYING TO INFLICT HARM UPON ME!" that goes physically and mentally. I do not want to see Gilda or Trixie in the future seasons. Too bad Trixie is going to be in the future seasons, but that is a conversation for a different thread.

Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

N, O, NOOOOOO!!!!!! Why? BECAUSE SHE MADE FLUTTERSHY CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THAT SHE MUST BURN FOR ALL OF ETERNITY IN A PIT OF ETERNAL SORROW AND EVERLASTING MISERY WHERE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH ARE THE NORM 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Posted Image

*deep breath* OK, sorry about that everypony, I guess I got a little carried away there. But really, I don't think there's any reason to bring Gilda back, because I feel that whatever needed to be said between her and RD was said. Not every antagonist that shows up in MLP needs to be reformed, because frankly, that's unrealistic and not true to the spirit of the show and how it's always portrayed life to its viewers, especially its younger viewers. Some people in this world, in fact, many people, simply are cruel, jerks, insensitive, or just all-around unpleasant, and for many of them, that doesn't usually change. Now, should all of us treat each and every person with kindness and respect? Oh heck yeah!!! We should treat every person with dignity, not just because it's the right thing to do, but also because in doing so, we become and maintain virtue in ourselves. But to suggest that every person in the world does act that way, or will act that way, is absurd, so, in conclusion, I see no reason to bring Gilda back, especially with the intent to reform her character. -_-

Edited by Batbrony

Not really, no.

I wouldn't start up a hunger strike if she did return, but it just seems like she's a character whose purpose has no wings (ironic, eh?). She played her role, her episode delivered its lesson and it's done.

Not sure wherein there lies room for growth. Plus, she was a jerk.

If they can use her to develop the characters, than I don't see why they shouldn't. One thing they should do though is smooth some of her character interactions, the whole bully thing can get boring real quick.