Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you cloned yourself, would your clone rebel against you?

TheMarkz0ne

If you had a clone or multiple clones of yourself, what would be the more likely outcome?Would they share the same thoughts at the same time? Would they even bother listening to you? What do you think the the scenario would play out like? Maybe they will eventually want to take over your life. 

The clones of myself would rebel against me, even when we share the same memories but all of them share a different part of personality where they can't agree with me or each other.

• Brohoof 1

They better listen to me and get along. This could be my opportunity to form a Republic with my army of clones. They would fight droids and bring order to the galaxy.

There better be droids...

I can see them being different entities, but probably walk along the same path as myself. It would be awesome having a personal programming army consisting of just clones of me. Together, we shall wipe out the media empire and pave the way to the next generation of reporting!

Well, I'm a pretty non-aggressive individual. If my clone had the same personality as me, there would be nothing to worry about.

Because not only do I not have it in me to rebel against myself, but since they are basically me I would treat the clone with the same amount of respect and equality as those around me.

Maybe we could alternate between days or something ;) That would be nice.

Or find a way to temporarily merge our minds together if there's something we both want to experience.

Edited by crazitaco

In the modern cloning sense, of creating a new organism from conception using the exact DNA of a currently living organism (i.e., Dolly the sheep), hard to tell. Considering the clone would be significantly younger than myself and would grow up under different circumstances, there really is no way to predict. Our personalities would, in all likelihood, be vastly different. That could go both ways. We could get along very well, not at all, or neutrally. There are too many variables present to accurately tell.

In the popular sense of "Oh, look, it's a perfect replica of myself in every possible way!", most likely not. We'd most likely get along very well and try to help each other out whenever possible. I have no reason to believe I'd want me dead.  :P

My clone? Well, what would I do if I found out I was a copy of the original? Well, first of all I would think that it's amazing that science would finally allow for cloning of people. After that I would probably just play videogames with the original to be honest, until I could find a way to support myself considering I wouldn't be able to live with the family.