Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something I noticed in "Filli Vanilli"

Shine

Maybe she's pregnant. Ever thought of that?

I had considered that thought, and it would be interesting if that turned out to be true.  So far, I don't think we've ever seen or heard mention of any pregnant mares in MLP.  Even the birth of the Cake twins happened suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere.  It would be nice to actually follow a character's pregnancy before the birth.

• Brohoof 1

Never actually noticed. Never noticed w/ Mrs. Cake either. I think the only character that I noticed was a bit thicker than the rest was Babseed. Sure they are a bit rounder, but maybe that's because they are a bit more muscular rather than chubby. No big deal. 

I didn't even notice because her hair is so distracting! Now that I think of it, I wonder if she is an Adele reference. She's a singer with big, awesome hair and she's kind of fat and really pretty. Plus her name is Torch Song which I just learned is an expression which refers to a song about unrequited love (Someone Like You).

• Brohoof 2

I must admit that I didn't really noticed that until now, probably because I was paying to much attention to Big Mac and Rarity. But I think even if I had paying more attention to her I wouldn't noticed right away.

I noticed her hair and was like "man... I don't really like that hair" and promptly ignored her for the rest of the episode.

How could you not just adore that fabulous hair?  D:

• Brohoof 1

See I have this weird thing that if you have a great personality and just a fun person to be around you will always be beautiful in my eyes. Now get an ugly attitude you become ugly to me. But this pony I didn't even notice she was fat, though I did notice her amazing hair!

• Brohoof 1

Heh, can't say I noticed if she was that much bigger than other ponies, she really isn't to me. She does have a good design though. :)

Also, her name is Torch Song, huh... not only is that a general term for sentimental/unrequited love songs, but also the name of one of my favorite songs:

• Brohoof 1

It's just a fat pony. That's it. That's the design choice they went with for her and it isn't the first fat person we've seen in a cartoon and isn't even the first fat pony we've seen in mlp. There is literally nothing "stereotype breaking" or impressive about this.

Exactly.  That is exactly why I like this.  It's great because it's not even in-your-face anymore.  It's just a fat pony, big whoop de doo.

The fact that it's considered normal now gives me hope that children will learn to love each other despite their differences, and maybe fat kids at school will be noticed for their other traits or, better yet, their personalities,  rather than just being labelled "fat kid."

The only reason I made a whole topic focusing on Torch Song was because she was the first meaty character I noticed in MLP.  There probably have been others, but it wasn't until this particular episode that I actually noticed.