Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

apart from FIM what else do you obsess about?

Rarity Paige Belle

I can't believe I'm going to admit this but I'm a train buff. My girlfriend thinks it's super nerdy, but what the hey!

I'd love to rekindle that fire again someday. I used to be a huge train buff as well when I was younger, it's not super nerdy in the slightest!

I obsess over pokemon, I used to play an online simulator back in the third generation days and know a fair number of tricks. I recently completed the national dex, own all 718 pokemon currently available and know more about certain game mechanics than the average player is probably aware about.

I also obsess over my computer, often installing multiple linux distributions to test out what I like the most. Sometimes, I have a super lightweight modern desktop with a footprint of under 100MBs of ram, other times I have a heavier desktop with more features. I love playing with my system and therefore learning from it.

(Apart from MLP):

Star Trek (Next Generation)

Video Games (Duh. It's like my heroin.)

Doctor Who (11th Doctor is best Doctor.)

Guns (I absolutely love firearms. They're awesome inventions.)

Band Stuff (Band Geek since 2009.)

Memes (My favorite meme is the nearly dead Weegee meme.)

For some odd reason, I also like sharing my opinions. I don't know why.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper
  • Brohoof 2

I would say, anything thats a comic I'll be all over it.

Manga, comics, fancomics, webcomics.

Yep all me.

Oh! And audio dramas too.

I find those interesting. >___>

Edited by Alpha-neos

Video games, MLP, science stuffs...

More specifically:

TF2, Halo, Starbound, I'm starting to really like StarCraft, Minecraft, this forum, chemistry, and clopping.

And, of course, there must be other things, but I can't remember all them. That might mean that I'm not obsessed! :P

I obsess over cars, just love everything that has to with cars.

I obsess over music, mostly EDM and metal.

I obsess over apocalyptic prepping.

I obsess over history, I like history.

Guns, other weapons. Tanks, also nuclear weapons. Cartoons, movies, video games, anime and food.

So that's a few things I obsess over more stuff.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Right now it's Supernatural, but it used to be Doctor Who. Now I'm just waiting for Series 8 to come to see if Capaldi's gonna be as good as I hope he'll be. But yea right now I'm just watching Supernatural nonstop til I'm caught up.

I guess I should also point out I'm a big Pokemon fan (Who would've guessed? :P) and I'm practically depressed from the fact I haven't played a single 5th or 6th gen game yet :( 

I'm also a huge fan of the guys over at Roosterteeth and LetsPlay. They're such amazing people and they make me practically laugh my lungs out every day!

I am pretty freaking obsessed with My Little Pony, but I have other things I'm way into as well.

I obsess over...

• Hyenas - They are my favourite animal, for starters.  Also, I am a furry/therian, and my fursona/spirit animal is the aardwolf -- a small subspecies of hyena that has stripes and a long, bushy tail and eats only termites.  I have three comic characters who are anthropomorphic aardwolves and refer to themselves as "The Grammar Hyenas."  Each one is a representation of a different aspect of myself, and I devote much of my time to thinking about and drawing them.
  • The Endless Forest - It can be considered a mass-multiplayer online roleplaying game, but there is actually quite some debate over whether or not it's actually a game at all.  In fact, its creators call it an interactive online screensaver.  Basically, it's a simulation of a magical forest, and each "player" gets an avatar of a deer.  The deer have human faces and the ability to cast spells on each other to change their appearances.  There is no talking, there is no chat box, there are no obnoxious usernames floating over everyone's heads (players are identified in-game by glowing orbs over their heads that contain beautiful and unique pictogram symbols), but players communicate with one another via motions, emotive actions, and deer-noises.  You can call it boring if you want to (most people do), but I am in love with it.  I have it set as my computer's screensaver so that whenever I walk away and leave it open, I will be greeted with the beautiful forest sounds and, if my character falls asleep, the music that plays.
  • Doctor Who - This is probably the best science fiction story ever made.  It's been around since the 60s, and it's still popular, so that should say at least something for it.  The characters are amazing, the scripts brilliantly written (most of the time), and the subject matter is just...  wow.  It sounds silly when you try to explain it to someone who's never seen it before (Okay, so there's this guy whose name is The Doctor.  No, not Doctor Who, just The Doctor.  He looks human, but really he's a time-travelling alien with two hearts.  Also, whenever he's about to die he regenerates, which means his body completely changes into a different person to keep him alive.  Oh yeah, and he flies around in a ship that's disguised as a blue Police box, and it's bigger on the inside.  Don't even ask what that means; just watch the show, and you'll understand it.)  I love Doctor Who so much that I have my own customized sonic screwdriver toy (okay, it was actually a kit with parts of different sonic screwdrivers, and you can put them together however you want) and wear bowties for fun because the Doctor says "bowties are cool."
  • Taxidermy - Most people think it's odd, freaky, disgusting, etc., but I have chosen taxidermy as my career and my passion.  Nothing pleases me more than restoring beauty to dead things and making them appear alive again.  Animals that are too damaged to mount become jewelry and accessories.  I'm still an apprentice and therefore have no real business of my own, but my teacher generally lets me keep scraps that he can't use because he knows I like to make things with them.  I would love to sell the things I've made, but even if I can't find anyone to buy them, I will still keep making them, just because I love them so much.
  • Brohoof 1

Homestuck-An awesome webcomic that I've got into recently, I'm really enjoying the story so far c:

Star Trek-I ship Spock/Uhara so hard

Doctor Who-I love 11, I haven't been able to watch the special, though, been so busy :(

Dolls and Puppets-I'll never understand why people are so scared of them

Thomas the Tank Engine-I got into it after watching it on abc2 xD

DEVO-Love them!! <333 RIP Bob Casle :'(

Kraftwerk-The pioneers of electronic music, these guys deserve more credit.  

Sonic the Hedgehog-Amy Rose is my favourite character.

I also forgot to mention I OCD on my work space and chair position. If everything is not in the right place then I have a small fit, then put it all back where it was lol.

But I also love

- Jaws movies

- Shark Week

- Survivorman

- Man vs. Food

- Food Paradise

- Disney Cartoons

I have obsessed over many things over the years

Mostly your basic standard animae like shows such as Naruto, Bleach along with many other popular cartoon shows both old and new. But my TV/internet access is now limited so I've turned to other sources.

I have currently listening to audio books from graphic audio and my current obsession is a book series called "Deathlands" by James Axle (which I think is a sudo name for a group of writers)

Deathlands is very similar to Fallout only a thousand times deadlier and everything (and I mean EVRRYTHING) is out to not just kill you... but to eat you. (As you die)

Only differences is that its not stuck in the fiftys and instead of shelters they have military redoubts. And it takes place only 100 years later instead of 200 like Fallout after the nuke holocaust. They also did things like time trolling, alternat dimensional and mater transmit experiments, along with a wide range of biohazard research. (Which have proved extreamly dangerous) and there has been hints of alien intervention.

And mutants.... lots of mutants....*stickies*... *shudders*

(And some part of me thinks Kkat also drew on this story for Fallout Equestria because the main bad guy are almost identical... right down to the name)(different agenda though... but not by much) (Steel eyes vs Red eyes). *shrugs*

Thing is there are 113 audio books and in less then 6 months I have about 30-35 of them. Mostly the later episodes... I WILL have them all. I know its an old series but that's fine.

Very good series overall

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://officialalanphilipson.com/novels/Deathlands_Apocalypse_Unborn_big.jpg&sa=X&ei=4aAKU_brCJHlygGUr4Fo&ved=0CNYBEPMH&usg=AFQjCNFH1DyKmdb2bZaBsmP2hemeow3zkw

Edited by Argumedies

I also am fairly obsessed with airsoft, as I play on a milsim team, and have been since 2009. 

post-23625-0-65467300-1393205402_thumb.jpg

I've ran everything from KWA sr-12's to G&P stoner 63s. If you have any airsoft related questions, feel free to shoot me a pm, I've been doing tech work since early 2011, and have built weapon systems ranging from DMR's to DSG's.