Typical amount of homework you get?

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

The average person here spends about 3 to 5 hours on homework.

I spend max 1 hour on it. lol

My grades aren't the best, but they're acceptable. I have way more important things to do than study stuff I'll forget in a week anyways.

I do not know exactly know, since it's not everything I need to do and can do perfectly in that amount of time. But it varies from time to time, since you got to prioritize what's most important for you.

(edited)

When I was in high school,  I was able to do all my homework in the 1 hour study hall I had....

I would think it'd be an average of 3-5 hours for normal people in high school

When I was in college

-Hermeneutics and Theology 2-4 hours a day

-World/folk religions, cultural anthropological classes, church history- 1-3 hours a day

-Ministry related classes- 30 min-1 hour a day

-Apologetics- 2-4 hours a day

-Philosophy- 1-3 hours a day

-General courses (math, science, etc)...1-2 hours a day

I had no life, but I was learning so much...I miss school, I loved it so much. I had no social life, but my grades allowed me a free ride through college so I really had my work cut out for me...

Edited by Treble Bolt

• 1 year later...

I'm a senior in highschool:

AP European History: a few pages of reading in the textbook for most nights; occasional DBQ.

Spanish III: usually a worksheet.

AP Enviromental Science: sometimes an assignment on my iPad (the class is tech oriented).

Honors Creative Writing: working on stories/essays.

AP Literature and Composition: 10-20 pages of reading a night; an essay due every week.

Probability and Statistics: math worksheets.

World at War (WWI/WWII class): read an article or book and answer questions that go along with it.

It's not like this every night, so the hours I spend doing homework varies.

I'm in College, we don't really get "homework" per se; they do give us lots of text sheets which we use to practice, but those are optional.

Once in a while, an assignment is posted up on our Moodles which is mandatory, along with the deadline and a timer that clocks down the remaining time to turn that assignment in. These assignments can be piss easy, or overweeningly difficult.

I JUST turned in one particularly nasty assignment which had me researching Algorithms for two weeks, even got one day to spare, but as i logged in to upload my work i see two more assignments posted... That's homework for ya.

• 3 years later...

3 hours a night is pretty typical? Plus the occasional essay write up is enough for straight student like me. I have nothing against homework... But essays seem to kill me. In a few weeks I have due a 14 page paper on my choosing related to Christian theology or practicalities which will be heavily graded by my professor.

• 7 months later...

I'm on break right now, but last semester I got way too much homework.

I spent about 3-5 hours a day on homework, considering that most of it were essays and similar things of that sort. It was pretty bad, but at least I made it out with pretty decent grades!! :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

I always got quite a bit of homework, but I barely did any, unless I felt that I absolutely had to. I almost always made it out with pretty good grades, so it didn't make too much of a great difference.

Grade school I got an average amount. With college it’s funny. First half I barely get any homework yet near the end of the semester I somehow end up swamped with so much homework lol.

Edited by Operetta

• 3 months later...