Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe you would retain your moral compass in extreme situations?

Oblivion

We all like to think that we a good people, right? we, lets say that you got yourself into a very sticky situation, a bad guy mugs you sticks a gun in your face and says "kill this person or you die" or something along those lines, what do you think you would do in that particular situation, Would you do evil if you were faced with the possibility of death?

I cannot say what I would do, I have never been faced with that situation, I know what I would HOPE I would do, but it's just so hard to say unless you was IN that situation, you could never be 100 percent sure what you would do.

So guys, post your thoughts, tell me what you think, and I apologize if this topic seems dark, that's because it is dark. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I'm nearly the nicest person I know.

I don't like these scenarios. But in an act of defense, if you can't run away, you swipe the gun out of his hand and point it back at him. Or use your legs to kick them. Something that's free and moving that will get you out of the situation.

There's always another way. You should never give in and kill someone.

Edited by FeIix

I have never claimed or even tried to be a good person. Given that situation, which is quite vague by the way, I'd be the one guy likely to pull something crazy if it was possible to save myself or even the other person but if worse comes to worse I'd be looking out for number one.

But a situation like that doesn't come around every day so I couldn't tell you for sure what I'd do but I am most certainly not a good person so use your imagination on just how bad I'd be willing to go to save my own ass.

I'd rip the heart out of the bad guy and eat it! :umad:

Wait... I am not satan.

I would probably fight back knowing myself right. (Chaotic good FTW)

Break his arm or something, considering he is carrying a pistol that would be exstremely easy.

You never know before it have happened though.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat

We all like to think that we a good people, right? we, lets say that you got yourself into a very sticky situation, a bad guy mugs you sticks a gun in your face and says "kill this person or you die" or something along those lines, what do you think you would do in that particular situation, Would you do evil if you were faced with the possibility of death?

I think "kill-or-be-killed" situations like this are just too unfair. :/ It's more of a case of survival than good vs. evil.

As for me, it depends. You weren't really that specific with this scenario.

Edited by LatinoChurro

I think "kill-or-be-killed" situations like this are just too unfair. :/ It's more of a case of survival than good vs. evil.

As for me, it depends. You weren't really that specific with this scenario.

Okay, so say you was put in ANY sort of station similar, you HAD to do something or would die, would you do it, or would you choose death as not to do evil. That is more or less what I meant.

Okay, so say you was put in ANY sort of station similar, you HAD to do something or would die, would you do it, or would you choose death as not to do evil. That is more or less what I meant.

Again, you're not being specific enough. Like I said, it depends. What exactly is it that I have to do? Exactly who else is it going to affect?

I don't think the situation was specific enough because that really would depend for me. I don't think I could pull a trigger on an innocent human life. What I would try to do is turn the gun on the bad guy and shoot him before he realizes what happened, even knowing that he might notice and shoot me at the same time. 

How a person treats others when they are solely responsible for their own behavior, and don't stand to lose anything as a result is a better gauge of ethics.

In a scenario like this, it'd end up being more about trying to guess or rationalize which life (his or yours) is more valuable. That's an awful basis for moral judgement in general anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Kick his balls and as he bends hit his head with my knee, then attempt to seize the gun and kill him.

Or when he gives me the gun I just shoot him instead of the person I am forced to shoot at :P

Edited by Comrade Serbon
  • Brohoof 1

I'm usually nice, but not afraid to do some arse-kicking in the middle of it.

In that situation, I'd probably kick em where the sun don't shine OR most likely say,

"You're the one with the gun, why don't you do it?

I love snide remarks. XD

Extremely sticky situation, but the easiest way is really none of the above choices. Assuming that it would be a pistol, I could easily manipulate the grip of the mugger's hands and shoot him instead.

I don't think of myself as a good guy at all. Well only towards my friends and closest I am at least.

I would pull the trigger, and I know most people here would.

Your mind change drastically in such a situation, and I know myself good enough to know I wouldn't be able to resist my survival instinct.

EDIT: people claim they could just take him down. Of course if I could do that it would be my main option, but then I don't see a point in this conflict.

The point is you kill or die trying to keep your honor.

Edited by Blaze Bronson

I wouldn't do anything really, if I was in that situation I wouldn't do it. Since I wouldn't trust that person, he could just as well kill me afterwards. 

So I'd make a last stand and try pointing the gun at the one that's forcing me. I would then tell him to let that person go or I'd shoot. Then since I doubt I would be allowed to go away I would just make a last stand and take out the trash. If I would die in the process it's still the same outcome.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

if i shoot the persons he will probably shoot me afterward and vicee versa, so why not try to fight?and  if i was sure i had no other possibilites i will keep my honor and ask to myself to get killed, or kill myself directely.

because honor and respect is all in the life

I'd use the gun meant for killing the other guy, and I'd kill the bad guy with it.

I'm not the best person out there but at least I'm not one of the many psycho rapist murders. The world has way too many of those.

• Brohoof 1

You might as well try to fight. Sure you could kill the innocent, but who's to say the psycho with the gun won't just shoot you anyway? If I feel like I can save at least one of our lives, then I'm going for it. Of course I have no idea what I would actually do in this situation. Things like this can drastically change the way you think. I'm just looking at it from what I view to be the most logical and moral viewpoint.

Edited by BasementPony

Sure I'll kill the guy. Just hand me your gun...

Joking aside, I don't actively try to be a good person, I just do what I do and it usually ends up being pretty good, I think.

In a real world situation like that, there probably would be another way out of it, and I'd try that. But in a hypothetical, you really can say "no, there's no other way out of it", so that changes things. I guess it depends on who the other person was. I mean, if they were a criminal I'd probably be more willing to kill them, but if they were just some innocent person, I'm not sure I would do it.

I don't really know, that kind of thing isn't something you can just decide. Way too many emotions running around to be able to definitely say "yeah, I'd kill the guy" or "no, I wouldn't".

• Brohoof 1

You might as well try to fight. Sure you could kill the innocent, but who's to say the psycho with the gun won't just shoot you anyway? If I feel like I can save at least one of our lives, then I'm going for it. Of course I have no idea what I would actually do in this situation. Things like this can drastically change the way you think. I'm just looking at it from what I view to be the most logical and moral viewpoint.

Yep, exactly my point, it's esy to SAY that you would be some super badass, but unless you was put in that siutation then you cannot be for sure! ^_^

I cannot say what I would do, I have never been faced with that situation, I know what I would HOPE I would do, but it's just so hard to say unless you was IN that situation, you could never be 100 percent sure what you would do.

So guys, post your thoughts, tell me what you think, and I apologize if this topic seems dark, that's because it is dark. ^_^

I'll kill the attacker. I'll do what it takes to ensure I live to go home. I always have a pistol and or a knife and I'm never ever unarmed. Edited by Wolfstanus
  • Brohoof 1