Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do you have to be to become a brony?

14griffin

I’d say you are old enough to call yourself a brony, slightly older around 13 or older who likes MLP, ticks all the boxes impo.

Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about it. To be honest I personally don't care what age or gender the person is

Edited by Scootaloodle
  • Brohoof 4

No specific age needed for that. You can call yourself one with the age of 6, 17, 37, 56, 68, 89 or whatever^^

Just imagine us in a nursing home of some sort at 89, wearing our pony merch, saying things like "Rainbow Dash is best pony" while waving canes.

Getting on topic, there really isn't an age limit although a majority of the Brony community is about 15-30, so yeah you're not too young to be considered a Brony.

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 5

I am 13 years old and I love My little pony, but I feel like I am not the appropriate age to be called a Brony.

So I did some research to calm my brain.

The definition of a Brony is:

"A name typically given to the male viewers/fans (whether they are straight, gay, bisexual, etc.) of the My Little Pony show or franchise. They typically do not give in to the hype that males aren't allowed to enjoy things that may be intended for females." (Information from:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony)

Even though it says Male viewers I still feel as I am not a good age to be a Brony. :(

Can anyone share their thoughts? Am I a good age to be called a Brony?

A; That definition is wrong. Brony is any fan of MLP, be they adult, child, stallion or mare. The term pegasister came later, because some people don't like the term Brony, and a variety of other reasons. As many reasons exists as there are fans of the show, probably.

B; Do you like MLP:FiM? If no, you are not a brony, and I'm not sure why you're on MLPF to begin with. If yes, Congrats! You're a brony! :muffins:

I don't think age or gender matters. To plagiarize/satirize a well known book, "In the beginning, Faust created the bronies, and then the pegasisters were born within their ranks." I've taken a preference to pegasis, just because my OC is a Pegasus, and I'm a (mostly) heterosexual adult stallion.

Just imagine us in a nursing home of some sort at 89, wearing our pony merch, saying things like "Rainbow Dash is best pony" while waving canes.

Getting on topic, there really isn't an age limit although a majority of the Brony community is about 15-30, so yeah you're not too young to be considered a Brony.

*Old Stallion Kou BEATS YOU WITH HIS CANE* Derpy is best pony, you old fool!

• Brohoof 3

sweetie, age shouldn't determine if you're allowed to be into something!
as long as you like the subject, like my little pony, then you're a fan, or in this case, a brony! c:

• Brohoof 1

No, you must be atleast 80 to be a brony, and you must have fought in at least 2 world wars. Anything less is just unacceptable.

but no, feel free to join at any age, the show is targeted for a younger age demograpghic anyway.

• Brohoof 4

You pulled a definition from the urban dictionary. That's your first 'no no'. 

But, I consider a brony someone who is a fan of MLP: FiM that's outside the targeted demographic.

13 is outside the targeted demographic. 

I don't think there's any one age at which one would pass into brony-hood. Male applies to all, so I guess a five-year-old kid that enjoys the show is a brony and a 60-year-old man that enjoys the show is also a brony. There is no exception.