Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you still play video games from your childhood?

Odyssey

You bet I do! :pinkie:

Let's face it, even with the fancy graphics they got nowadays, modern games just don't compare to the classics. Nostalgia is just the icing on the cake.

• Brohoof 2

If I still had my copy of Pokémon: Fire Red, I would definitely go back and continue playing it. It was the first core Pokémon game I ever completed on my won.

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely... in fact, I was just playing Mario Kart DS a little bit ago, which I've had since I was 8 years old. I've got a fair amount of other older games as well, mostly Xbox versions of PS2 games I owned before my PS2 died on me. Thank goodness for backwards compatibility on my Xbox 360. I've got some old DS and Wii games as well, and I got a PS4 port of Ace Combat 5 (an old PS2 favorite of mine) when I pre-ordered Ace Combat 7.

• Brohoof 1

i don't play games often nowadays, but when i do, it's usually very old games that i really liked, and next intalments of those same games if there are any, i played heroes of might and magic again after many many years, and i can say it was just as fun as it was then, (i was just a bit too rusty so the bot made short work of me)

• Brohoof 1

I still play Animal Crossing. I played on the GameCube, the Wii, the DS, and now the 3ds. So many trees shaken... so many rocks repeatedly hit... so many fish... all the fish... literally mountains of fish rotting in tom nook's storehouse. In all seriousness though, that game really did leave an impact on my life for the better. As a children, my siblings and I would play animal crossing on the GameCube, all sharing the same town, and even exchanged real-life favors (such as doing each-other's chores) for bells [the in-game currency]. Despite only one of us being able to play at a time, we all gained an immense amount of joy from simply watching our combined wealth grow and grow, one rare fish at a time.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes. It honestly depends if I really want to play it. This can be anything but I usually do it for the nostalgia trips.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, still got my 'ol PSP, which i've been playing off and on the last week or so. Also found an PS2 recently in the dining room of my parents house. Need to find a memory card and see if it works so I can start playing PS2 games again.

• Brohoof 1

I do occasionally, although it only gets more and more difficult, as I like to focus on new releases as well.

Sometimes. I like to do a run-through of Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask every now and then, and I'd play MechWarrior 2 occasionally if it wasn't a massive pain to get it running on modern computers.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

It's kinda rare these days, but yes in general I do. But only those old PC games which I get to run with DosBox etc. The old consoles games I played, I'm not enjoying because I don't have an old NES or SNES.

• Brohoof 2

I still do tho I have a weird relationship with video games. Interest comes and goes and I can go thru a video game drought that last several years  :sealed: