Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Celestia so big compared to other ponies?

CosmicHooves

You see every pony in Ponyville.

Do you notice their size?

Well compare the average pony in Ponyville to Celestia.

Why is she so big compared to the others?

Is it glandular problem?

post-25645-0-36878000-1400914650_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

As Rainbow Dash's doodle of Twilight pointed out in "Testing, testing, 1,2,3" this appears to be a common trait for Princesses/Alicorns, probably to show their power and authority...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I always assumed it was because she is 20% cooler?  B)

Edited by Guest

Well, if you think about it, Alicorns typically have a lot more magic than a normal pony of any race, so in order to contain all that magic they need larger bodies and a much bigger stature in order to contail it all. Also keep in mind that they are still princesses, so them being bigger than all of the other ponies would literally make them stand above all other ponies. And it is never really fully explained in the show (that I can think of anyway) so who is to say that they don't purposuly make themselves bigger using their own magic.

• Brohoof 1

Alicorns are carnivorous. They eat ponies. It's only a matter of time before Twilight discovers this...and goes mad.

Remember the burger scene in "Twilight Time"? That's her latent predator instincts beginning to emerge...

• Brohoof 10

she's 1000 years old.

also if Luna is any indication, it would appear Alicorns beyond a certain age can change their appearance on a whim.

• Brohoof 3

Celestia has the "Grand Alicorn" body type. Luna and Cadence have the "Semi-Grand Alicorn" body type. Even though that they are all Alicorns, Celestia is the most powerful of them all, which is why she's the biggest. 

• Brohoof 3

Who knows why she's so big, I think her human counterpart easily. Flash Sentry is no shortie, but even he dwarfs standing besides Celestia, who could be 6' 1''  

She been hittin' the gym and gettin' brolic.

gotta get swole

It's probably one of those things that's just natural. She's an alicorn, who already get larger than average ponies (Twilight already has a slightly thicker profile (no it's not a comment on her being fat) than the rest of the Mane Six), and even compared to the other alicorns she seems to be a notch above. Remember Fleur De Lis showed off an unusual stature for a regular mare, so Celestia might be in the same boat. Big even by alicorn standards.

• Brohoof 2

You see every pony in Ponyville.

Do you notice their size?

Well compare the average pony in Ponyville to Celestia.

Is it glandular problem?

The original intent was probably to make her and her sister seem god-like, or that she stands over the other ponies literally.

I used to just think she was a horse.

She's actually the real size of a pony.  She just hoards all the iodine supplies of Equestria so that all the other ponies suffer from growth deficiency, and slight mental problems.

• Brohoof 2

Equestria is like a hive of bees. There is a queen (Celestia) and workers (everypony else, including Luna, Cadence, and Twilight). Celestia is everyone's mother! All of the equines in Equestria were born from her and brainwashed with false memories of having different parents and of having offspring of their own.

I just made that up.

Celestia is Luna's older sister and, therefore, is bigger than her. I think Lauren Faust said that Luna wasn't fully grown yet when she was banished or something, and that's why she is smaller. I guess that idea didn't stick when Faust left the show.