Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Celestia so big compared to other ponies?

CosmicHooves

I think it has to do with age? Maybe

I don't think so, isn't Luna the same age as her? In that case, she would be as tall as her.

I don't think so, isn't Luna the same age as her? In that case, she would be as tall as her.

No, Luna is her younger sister. Celestia, on the other hand, is about 1000 years old, so this might explain it. 

Well alicorns seem to grow much taller than a normal pony as all the alicorns (even Twilight) seem to be taller Celestia being oldest she is tallest in that it is unsure what size the other alicorns will grow...

(edited)

She been hittin' the gym and gettin' brolic.

Haha Best response ever, but yeah I think Celestia is so big due to being 1000 years old and being the ruler of Equestria.

Edited by MLPFanatic34
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Equestria is like a hive of bees. There is a queen (Celestia) and workers (everypony else, including Luna, Cadence, and Twilight). Celestia is everyone's mother! All of the equines in Equestria were born from her and brainwashed with false memories of having different parents and of having offspring of their own.

I just made that up.

Celestia is Luna's older sister and, therefore, is bigger than her. I think Lauren Faust said that Luna wasn't fully grown yet when she was banished or something, and that's why she is smaller. I guess that idea didn't stick when Faust left the show.

Luna seems to be the same height as Celestia when I watch the episodes but I could be totally wrong.

Maybe due to Evolution,  the once horse sized ponies

had to get smaller to deal with a change in thier

world of some scale or even such things?  It might

be Tia and her sister were able to keep their size

by using a spell of some kind so they could use

"Strong" type  Magic which they need for

the sun and moon and thing!

She's has super growth hormones, much like Big MacIntosh, which explains why she was just as easily able to match him pound per pound in raw strength.

Edited by Cwanky

Spoiler for The Diary of the Two Sisters

It's said in there that she and Luna grow magically stronger by moving the moon and the sun around in the sky.

My guess is that she is bigger because she has that much more magic inside her. Which I believe is also the reason why her mane floats around.

It makes her "god-like" and I like it. But it doesn't explain why Fleur Dis Lee is big too.

• Brohoof 1

maybe because she was suppose to be a basketball player but never been qualified? XD

She's actually human it's because some security guard has been stuffed inside a giant celestia suit XD 

but in all seriousness I think it's because of magic and age also signify that a ruler is high and mighty.

Edited by Nihi The Brony

I think people have given a lot of the likely reasons: age, magical power, status and presence. However, I think the animators went a bit overboard and she should have been only slightly taller than Luna. Now it's too late but she does look out of place compared to the other princesses.

• 10 months later...

As Rainbow Dash's doodle of Twilight pointed out in "Testing, testing, 1,2,3" this appears to be a common trait for Princesses/Alicorns, probably to show their power and authority...

Luna is also an alicorn-born pony, and she's not as big  :comeatus: