Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you are bullied for being a brony what would you do?

Aurelion Star

(edited)

I'm an adult, not a child. I'd like to see someone younger than me try bullying me. And if there's an adult who seriously "bullies" people then they need to grow up. That's what I would tell them.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

This depends on the situation.

If they are just being flank holes, I'll either ignore them, acknowledge their statements as truth, or throw another insult in their face/s.

If they try something physical, you're damn straight that I'll defend myself.  I may not like throwing the first punch, but I enjoy taking people like this to the floor.

You could also do the Foamy approach: THROW A F***ING CHAIR!!!  KICK 'EM IN THE BALLS!!!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't tell people im a brony but if people knew i was a brony somehow and bullied me...I would fight back but not with fists because im shit at fighting(won 1 lost 4) i would use a chair or a book or a piece of wood. I'm not a fair fighter and I will not get beaten up.

Edited by Shanghai

(edited)

Spam his email with Fluttershy gif(s). That'll sure shut him up, doe.

Edited by Guest

I have a story about an incident that occurred only a few days ago, but it was more like being disrespected than being bullied. Here's what happened: I was sitting in my dorm, very much enjoying myself, when I hear a knock on the door. Upon opening the door, I see a fellow (let's call him Jim) who I met the night before. We had talked about Pink Floyd and got on fine then. When I greeted him, he told me his iPod was having issues and he needed a computer. So, being the influenced person I am, I obliged to help him.

Literally the moment we went to sit down, he noticed my MLP belt. He asked me in a tone, "why do you have ponies on your belt?" Unless this question was genuine, it seemed very obvious. I politely answered, "because I like ponies." This statement was followed by jim yawning a drawn out, "really?" I knew he was intolerant of bronies. I said, "yes. Are you judging me for a show that I like?" He did say "yes." I told him that wasn't a good thing and that he shouldn't do that. After logging onto my computer, he noticed my Celestia wallpaper. Again, he let out a "really, dude?" This time, I had become irritated. I said in a harsher tone, "get over it, I'm gonna like what I like." This was the last I heard of his complaining.

After the ordeal had ended, I couldn't help but think about his attitude. I did nothing wrong to him, in fact, I was going out of my way to help him. But he was still behaving like a bigoted douche. Had he disrespected me again, he would no longer have been welcomed to my services, and I certainly would not go out of my way to deal with him anymore.

I saw him yesterday and he told me he asked me if I'd seen the Brony documentary. After telling him that I had, he asked me what I thought about it—to which I said that I thought it could have been better (i did feel very inspired after watching it the first time). He told me that, and I'm paraphrasing here, "they went out of their way to find the most disgusting people." Now, I understand that the people they focused on weren't any superstars, but calling them "disgusting" is pretty harsh if you ask me.

The point is that his view of the fandom has been skewed from the beginning and there's really nothing I could do. But I think I handled his rotten attitude pretty well! Anyway, that's my story, and I'm glad to tell whoever has the patience to read it.

I've been apart of the fandom for 2 years now. I knew I was walking into a shit storm the moment I acknowledged myself as a Brony. Most of the BS I get is online, but I take that stupidity with a grain of salt and maybe add some sugar. :) My family and friends are aware and they do not care. :D

i just logic my way out of it, or turn it back on them.

if they tell me MLP sucks, i ask if they've ever seen it, they say no, and i tell them they can't judge me for it and to give it a chance- they either become a brony or cant mock me for it because they've seen it too.

if they say it's weird i just say "well yeah, it might seem weird to you, but that's subjective. if you watch it, even if you don't like it, im sure you'll understand why it's popular"

and if they call me a faggot i say "some of my best friends are gay, you homophobic cunt. if you've got a problem with that i can take you outside and teach you a lesson. oh, and so will half the people in this *where ever i am at the time*, maybe that'll help you not be an asshole."

Hey there, @dusk.night. As your topic specifically involves being bullied for being a brony, I have moved it to Sugarcube Corner, which is the place to discuss anything MLP-related other than the show itself, which would include the fandom. 

General Discussion is best suited for non-MLP related discussions that do not fit elsewhere.

As for what I would do, I would simply stay away from that person. I'm not going to waste time with someone who is narrow-minded enough to bully others.

• Brohoof 1

Well thank you for moving it...

And as for me even though I can't be bullied

But when they bully me?

Ill just talk to them heart to heart

And say

"What do you care,??

And then say

Bye!

idk this town is very surprisingly tolerant of bronies (I say surprisingly because usually people here are stereotypical as hell if you don't have "swag" or if you don't have As or if you don't have money or if you don't like to party or if you don't like sports or country then you're suddenly a bad person or a looser but honestly I haven't seen them attack bronies in fact most stores now have MLP sections which I was surprised to find at the mall :D but at the same time I was thrilled) although try to find someone to talk about (like an adult) but NEVER take revenge it doesn't help it makes things worse, yes you have the right to feel angry and to even feel hate which it's not recommended but yeah and you SHOULD definitely defend yourself because these idiots only learn when we defend ourselves and also do fight for justice BUT when I mean revenge is when you hate them so much that you plan how to make them miserable and never forgive them (yeah don't result on that it only makes things worse I'm telling you I did that because of other types of bullying and REGRET it)

• Brohoof 1

I usually follow the standard procedure of dealing with bullies (warning them at least 3 times, telling guardian/teacher/authority)

However, if none of those work then I would have to make sure that the bully well...receives the message... (Maximum pain with minimal damage)

Usually the 3 warnings don't work, and I bet some of you would say how the guardian/teacher/authority "don't give a damn."

Here's how I got the "telling guardian/teacher/authority" to work

Me: Mr/Ms., if you continue to refuse to deal with this issue. I will assure the authority that I will not be hold responsible for any possible harm that could be inflicted on the bully; it would be you who is responsible for any damage to or anguish of him/her, whether it's physical, or psychological.

Yeah, chances are they start to care.

• Brohoof 2

Ignore it, they'll get bored eventually, don't give them the satisfaction of a response.

If they find causing other people displeasure amusing, they tend to get bored quickly.

If that doesn't work, you could use the age old human art of violence, but I don't recommend it, it solves nothing. If you do, aim for the soft bits, hit hard, hit fast, get the job done and GTFO.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Ignore it entirely. I've got better things to do than be bothered about someone liking my choice of shows. If the bullying would get physical, for whatever reason, I hit back. I doubt that'll happen, though. I've never been bullied for it, and being 28 sort of puts me beyond the age bracket where people care what I watch.

Depends on it what it is. Are they talking trash? Ignore it and if they push it teach them that talking trash with a sailor is a losing game, Im likely better at it then them. Is it physical? Well then there is my spicey treat dispenser or worse depending on it how far they want to take it. 

I never ignore bullies. I have a confrontational attitude and I always respond with a volley of insults aimed at their obvious need for attention and positive feedback from their equally ignorant peers. If that doesn't work I inflict pain; just enough to get the idea across that it's not a good idea to look for trouble where there isn't any. If that doesn't work, I turn it up to 11 and make it last. If things don't go as planned and I get my ass kicked, at least I don't have to go through my life feeling like a pushover. If they want to mess with me they'll know it's going to cost them at least some effort. 

• Brohoof 1

I always end up kicking somebody's ass if they pick on me and the things I like, I just can't seem to let a fight gone...actually that's the base I was good with teachers and a pain to my classmates

(edited)

Ignore them or intentionally try to annoy them. In the end it doesn’t matter if you get bullied incessantly you can talk to school authorities about being harassed by a particular student or group of students. That tends to discourage bullies so you can focus on what matters this isn’t just the case for liking mlp but just for anything you like that they use as a weapon. The main thing is to not let it get to you and if they use it publicly to try to embarrass you you should just embrace it that way you won’t look like you’re trying to hide something from people and you will get more respect for being open than you would otherwise. Only use violence if you are defending yourself in school.

Edited by The Whiteraven

As a kid people never picked on me because I was quiet... and I kinda had that school shooter vibe because of how I dressed. And as as adult people don't pick on me because of how nice I'am. Though let's say someone does for topic sake, I'd probably either use psychology, or ignore them... if that fails I'm not afraid to get physical when no one's looking.

It depends on how much bigger they are than me. If they were of manageable size and strength (meaning very small and weak) I'd intimidate them with my...um...frightening personality and stern expression. If they were bigger than me (anything over 5' 4") I'd run a short distance till I was safely out of range, then give 'em the bird. Yeah, that'll show 'em! :rarity: