Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

For all you night ponies, what do you like to do when you're up late?

Silver Herald

(edited)

If I'm up during the night, which I typically am on my weekends due to my cursed night-shift job, then I end up doing absolutely nothing productive. (I can't practice my instruments because they're too loud). So I usually end on here/other forums/sites, watching cartoons/anime, or if I have a video game I'm currently into (a somewhat rare occasion) I'll sometimes play that.

However, I usually end up back in bed. Lol. Even if I don't fall back asleep I get to feeling really sleepy so I just get back into bed and attempt to fall back asleep.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

If I'm up during the night, which I typically am on my weekends due to my cursed night-shift job, then I end up doing absolutely nothing productive. (I can't practice my instruments because they're too loud). So I usually end on here/other forums/sites, watching cartoons/anime, or if I have a video game I'm currently into (a somewhat rare occasion) I'll sometimes play that.

However, I usually end up back in bed. Lol. Even if I don't fall back asleep I get to feeling really sleepy so I just get back into bed and attempt to fall back asleep.

Yeah, its the most frustrating feeling, to feel like you should be asleep and be in bed but just not be able to sleep, but then feeling like you have to be in bed when trying to do other things.

I just watch loads of animes and browse the internet :P

I'm a night person pony. Strangely, i always feel like i'm at my peak during evening and night time. That's usually when i sit down, grab a coffee and work on programming. Sometimes i do time at my part time job... night shift there is either you're bored to tears, or the work's tearing you apart. But it pays. Usually i stay till 2AM - 3AM, but i can easily pull towards 7AM sometimes.

Downside i often get are "off-days", when i'm so tired i can't do crap. Then i usually turn in early to save my energy. I kind of miss doing all-nighters, like i used to in my highschool days.

It depends on whether I'm alone or not.

If there are other people in the house I may watch some tv shows on netflix or online, or just browse my favorite imageboards/forums.

If there's no one else home I may blast my music as loud as I can stand it.

I also enjoy playing videogames online with my friends, sometimes I get really loud if I'm alone.

As an insomniac, I tend to find myself reading books and/or fanfics. Reading eases my mind, and it does help a lot when I'm having trouble going back to sleep. If I'm not reading, I'm either surfing the web or watching TV. 

• Brohoof 2

Thad an easy one. I watch Nostalgia Critic videos. Because I always need to laugh some before heading off to bed.

Ah yes, the Nostalgia Critic is one of the most entertaining people, EVER. :P

• Brohoof 1

there are 2 possibilities for me :

1. im out with friends and come back

home in the early morning ( 6 am or someting like that)

2. im home, drink some tea, light a candle and try drawing

stuff (yes "try" because im not really good at it but its getting better ;) )

and listen to luna-radio

Minecraft, tf2 (spent far too much time on that), chat with friends, chat with bronies/friends, throw knives at a target on the wall, throw darts at a target on the wall, eat a bag of 6 apples, surf these forums, surf the interwebs, try to settle disputes by addressing all the sides of the argument on youtube/internet, create another me inside my head then have a rather entertaining debate (I must say from personal experience, I can be a formidable debate opponent when riled) unfortunately I seem to agree with myself the majority of the time now and just chatting with yourself doesn't have the same ring to it. Have a debate with my professional debating partner (hes a late nighter) but I know how he thinks too, to the point where its like talking with myself again (being able to say everything somebody else is going to say gets annoying for both party's involved after a while, the funny thing is, he can do the same xD so we occasionally switch sides mid debate :P), read fanfictions, watch mlp, meddle around with programming / random computer things / attempt to fix problems on computer that I have been putting off/ do work if deadlines are due, think about the failures of the human race and how to make a perfect world (got it :D), or just have a wander around in one of the mental worlds I have created in my spare time.

I'm the kinda person that could sit perfectly still without falling asleep for up to 6 hours without any outside influence (that's the most I have done at once anyway) I know how to keep myself entertained xD

• 1 month later...

Hmmm.... when I'm with friends, We usually watch scary movies all night and the one that can sleep first will be considered the bravest...in which I always seem to lose... ^_^;

When Im alone, I SIIIIIIING AND WAKE THE PEOPLEEEEE!!!! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been falling asleep early for the past few nights because well, at night I get bored. :P

I usually watch random YouTube videos, go on the forum, maybe check twitter, talk to a few friends on Kik, and play video games.