Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Rarity, not Twilight was 'leader' of the Mane six, what would be different

Twilight Mist

Certainly not. Her magic is not strong enough and even if it was, I don't think she has what it takes to control it.

I mean,  she did not attend the Magic School for Gifted Unicorns unlike Twilight and Twilight studied really hard to improve her magic skills.

Whereas Rarity uses her magic skills to improve dresses.

She'd just blast him with glitter and fabulosity and boom. 

She'd just put one of her fabulous ensembles oon him and the fella wouldn't want to fight. Or zap a Puce mumu on him and just drain his spirits and his happiness.

No one would feel good in a puce mumu.

• Brohoof 11

She'd just blast him with glitter and fabulosity and boom.    She'd just put one of her fabulous ensembles oon him and the fella wouldn't want to fight. Or zap a Puce mumu on him and just drain his spirits and his happiness.   No one would feel good in a puce mumu.

Why am I not surprised ? This IS coming from one of Rarity's biggest fans...

:) 

• Brohoof 5

You would think I would have a strong opinion on this, but I surprisingly don't. I think Rarity as a leader of the mane six would undermine the character traits that I love about her. For one, her talent and Element would have to be different and magic focused to end up becoming an Alicorn the way Twilight did, and then being able to absorb the other Alicorns' magic to go toe to toe with Tirek. Of course what defeated Tirek was unlocking a final key, not strength, but is was that draw that finally made Tirek go to plan B.

Rarity without her signature skills and talents? No. I would hate to see that. She is best suited as the alruistic artist of the group who wears her emotions out in the open. Not a leader of Elements.

Hey look at that, I do have a strong opinion.

EDIT, I love Ghostie's idea about glamourizing Tirek.

EDIT EDIT, You need to come up with a name for that move!

• Brohoof 5

I don't think anything would be different because I don't think Twilight is 'the leader'.  A leader is someone who makes decisions for the rest of the group, and we don't see that happen anywhere in FiM.  They discuss their problems together and come up with solutions together.  The only way in which Twilight is a leader is that she's organized, so she can keep the others organized.  But even someone who isn't 'the leader' can keep the group organized.

There's also the question about whether Rarity could defeat all the bad guys Twilight has defeated.  Well, no, she couldn't... but she wouldn't have to just because she's the leader.  Twilight still would have those magical abilities and still could defeat Tirek and everybody else.  I just don't really see too many examples of the show of a genuine hierarchy so it's hard to see how there would be any difference at all between Rarity and Twilight being 'leaders' in the group. 

• Brohoof 7

If by leader you mean overall main character, everything would change from the ground up. Rarity and Twilight are two completely different personalities. If this were the case, then Twilight would not be the focus of Friendship is Magic (the two-part pilot and the entire show). This would result in the entire point of the series ceasing to exist and thus we wouldn't even make it to a battle with Tirek. And to suggest that Rarity would be the main focus of the pilot would be fruitless, as she's not antisocial. Nothing about her character could remotely give her that kind of personality. Then, of course, you could suggest that Rarity is given Twilight's characteristics, in which case there is no point in even making a switch since all you're changing is the image of the character.

In fact, there's no real reason why you wouldn't be referring to "leader" as main character. Twilight Sparkle is recognized in some kind of a leadership role because she's the main character of the series. It would be a completely different show if Rarity was the main character, let-alone anyone else in the Mane Six. It's like saying "what if Appa was the leader of Team Avatar instead of Aang." Surely Rarity has a bigger role in this series than a mode of transportation, but it's effects would be identical. The entire point of show would completely alter, to the degree that there would be no real purpose of the series in the first place.     

• Brohoof 2

I don't see Rarity as a good "leader". She just doesn't have the characteristics that a leader needs, unlike Twilight. The only other ponys I barely see being a leader are Applejack and maaaaaybe Rainbow Dash.

Just switching out Twilight for Rarity...
Rarity has a habit of being overly emotional in situations. Substitute the tree for the carousel boutique, and Rarity probably would've killed or been killed by Tirek; there wouldn't have been enough time for Tirek to explain that he has her friends. 

People really underestimate rarity. I mean, in suited for success she does something that Twilight could only do as a part of her advanced magic studies.  (Not to offend twilight  :wacko: )

Besides, FRIENDSHIP CAN ALWAYS SAVE THE DAY!!  :please:

• Brohoof 3

Rarity would give Tirek fabulous clothes. Tirek would love clothes so much that he would decide not to take away Rarity's abilities. She would make him clothes, and exchange, he would free a pony. Eventually, he would turn good and become a top model and be admired by everypony in Equestria. 

• Brohoof 5

Well! maybe she could magic a really tight dress onto him, and then he wouldn't be able to breathe and then die. I'm pretty sure that is better than what twilight did. As I recall, she just out him back in the thingy or somehting, as where rarity would kill him. But then, not really good for a show aimed at little girls, like everyone tells me. But then also, with twilight, there was a big bloody fight.

Rarity would hook Tirek up with a really nice suit. A really itchy and uncomfortable nice suit, not suited for combat!

Twilight is more or less a wizard. If anyone can control all the princess's magic, it would be her. She is, after all, the element of magic. Rarity just doesn't have the magical chops that Twilight has, so I don't think she would be able to handle all that power. I think its less about Twilight being the leader, and more about that just not being Rarity's area of expertise.

Not that it really mattered in the end, as Twilight needed all her friends to go super saiyan to beat Tirek anyway.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity does more than only care about fashion! Sure, she likes fashion, but that is her character. She will still be there for her friends. She will still fight when necessary. She will go out of her comfort zone to help others. I know you are a Rarity hater, so there is no getting through to you, though. I'm wasting my breath. You really need to pay attention to Rarity, but you wouldn't want to. You hate her.

• Brohoof 4

Nothing would happen because Rarity DOESN'T DO CRAP. I mean, instead of focusing on something important, she'd only focus on hooficures, judging her friends' fashion sense, and doing nothing but relax all day. I mean, don't tell me that's not what Rarity does. XD

no but srsly rarity sucks <3

1390306725080.jpg

Rarity does more than only care about fashion! Sure, she likes fashion, but that is her character. She will still be there for her friends. She will still fight when necessary. She will go out of her comfort zone to help others. I know you are a Rarity hater, so there is no getting through to you, though. I'm wasting my breath. You really need to pay attention to Rarity, but you wouldn't want to. You hate her.

Well said :D I can tell you and me are going to get along greatly :please:

• Brohoof 6

Nothing would happen because Rarity DOESN'T DO CRAP. I mean, instead of focusing on something important, she'd only focus on hooficures, judging her friends' fashion sense, and doing nothing but relax all day. I mean, don't tell me that's not what Rarity does. XD

Oh, no. You are right. :muffins:

She doesn't do anything important.

She never kicked manticores in the face. Battled changelings. Worked herself half to death for her friends. Sacrificed her wellbeing and her career chances for her friends. Made generous gifts. Risked her life multiple times.

You come across as the worst kind of Rarity hater. The kind of hater that is so shallow that he only sees that Rarity likes fashion and judges her entire character on that... It's like saying Pinkie is useless because she only thinks of parties, something that would be equally wrong.

Well, have fun being shallow and ignorant. You only make yourself look bad, not the fab one.

It's not like Rarity actually would want people like you to like her... :pout:

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 7

Rarity would give Tirek fabulous clothes. Tirek would love clothes so much that he would decide not to take away Rarity's abilities. She would make him clothes, and exchange, he would free a pony. Eventually, he would turn good and become a top model and be admired by everypony in Equestria.

Best. Theory. Ever. :D

You should go watch the diamond dog video then. :pout: She used her wits, not strength or anything similar like that. Again, if she's the 'leader', she'd beat Tirek like VisualSpectrum said.
  • Brohoof 5

Hm... I don't think Rarity's magic is powerful enough to take on serious threats, and I also think that one of her biggest flaws would be a too big attention to detail when it comes to being a leader. A memory from "Winter Wrap Up" comes to mind when Rarity was making the nests for birds. She got quite distracted...  :D

I mean Twilight sure does do that a lot but I'd imagine it even more so from Rarity.

Though, if there had to be a substitute of some kind, I'd either pick her or Rainbow Dash.

I think that the mane 6 would all have a special outfit for their team.

Edited by The Crimson Cross
  • Brohoof 2

Rarity is as much  of a fighter than fluttershy or pinkie pie. I would say, not. 

Her magic control ability is not great enough. 

Rarity is one of the better fighters of the mane6.

640px-Applejack_gets_kicked_in_the_face_

rarity_vs_changeling_vector_by_shadowbla

tumblr_mn61cjS5xL1s3nyhgo1_250.gif

351194__safe_twilight%2Bsparkle_rarity_a

Seriously... she is one of the most physical fighters of them. And a real badass.

She beat Applejack with one kick to the face... APPLEJACK!

• Brohoof 5