Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think it's important to keep yourself in good shape if so why?

碇 シンジン

I dont go to the gym. But I do work out at home. I do it because sometimes situations call for my body to be in good shape. Like having to run for a distance. And its good to show off anyways ^_^

well dont need to go out of your way to do those exercises.

But there are clear benefits of exercise, its a mood enhancer, prevents chronic illness, increases metabolism, helps you live longer, makes you smarter if its cardio. Its a good investment considering how much time people might waste online, they can take 20 minutes a day to do some brisk walking.

Also people who lift weights are 50% more likely to succesfully quit smoking.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...

Yes I believe it’s important for several reasons. Longer life, happier life...no shame or disgust in yourself...and idk but working out is really fun and I always feel great afterwards. 

• Brohoof 5

I don't go to the gym much, since I already have weights at home. I think it's important to at least stay in half ass decent shape. 

One great benefit I noticed with weight lifting: Changing a tire on the side of the road is much easier!  :) Now if I could just work on the mid section a bit  :twismile:

4 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Yes I believe it’s important for several reasons. Longer life, happier life...no shame or disgust in yourself...and idk but working out is really fun and I always feel great afterwards. 

Same here. I tend to feel a lot better after curling dumbbells. Great stress reliever!

• Brohoof 1

While it’s not necessary to always look like a super model, I think that is important to remain at a healthy weight and exercise healthy practices.

• Brohoof 2

I admit there are times where I need to work on my diet but I exercise regularly. I’ve been going to the gym at least five times a week since the year after I graduated college. Then I started working with a personal trainer and I really started seeing a difference. I lost ten pounds during my first month of sessions.

As long as you know what foods will affect your metabolism, you’re in good hands. For me, it’s beer and soda. It varies from person to person.

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 1

I do think that it is important to keep yourself in good shape, though some circumstances can make it more difficult for some. I should know, as I fell victim to this.

14 minutes ago, Yoshi89 said:

I admit there are times where I need to work on my diet but I exercise regularly. I’ve been going to the gym at least five times a week since the year after I graduated college. Then I started working with a personal trainer and I really started seeing a difference. I lost ten pounds during my first month of sessions.

As long as you know what foods will affect your metabolism, you’re in good hands. For me, it’s beer and soda. It varies from person to person.

I swear I need to do the same. I've been lollygagging around and ignoring this, but for once I want to look and feel like young Adonis to experience the other side.

• Brohoof 1

Quality of life is a good reason to stay in shape. I go to the gym only like once or twice a week for an hour. I definitely feel better for it and notice a big difference if I don't go for a while.

Overdoing it isn't good either though. You can damage joints when doing repetitive and/or strenuous physical activity and have other problems if you aren't paying attention to your nutrition.

Staying in shape is important to maintain the quality of life. It’ll make you stronger and healthier, which make you happier as well. A sound body makes a sound mind, and the discipline of exercise is a good thing to practice. It’s important to challenge yourself in different ways and keeping fit is one of them. Besides, it can be a lot of fun working out.  

• 3 months later...

I think it is good to keep yourself in shape because it makes you feel better, reduces anxiety, and you can do more things when you are in shape like getting a job that requires you to lift heavy materials.

Well, my IRL friend seems to enjoy going to the gym. I think it can get to your head.

It is a life style though! Once you depend on it, you will probably always depend on it.

I stay "healthy" in-shape. But I don't live by some code pushing every little muscle in my body to stay fit.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I think there is perhaps nothing more important then to keep yourself in good shape, longer life expectancy by the way higher quality through said life expectancy. You feel amazing when you look at yourself in the mirror rather then feeling like you are somehow inadequate. Personally I've done it mostly for health reasons, keep up my cardio.

That said though, I'm not working out to get massive gains UwU rather to be healthy and feel good about myself.

• 2 years later...

I work out like my health depends on it. Nothing wrong with me or anything, I just do it to stay fit and healthy. I don’t often enjoy going to the gym or for a run but it’s a necessity for me so it like I HAVE to. Even if I don’t feel like it or tired or lazy, I just go on ahead and do it anyway too. Little bit of a obsession :twi:. But I tried not to overwork my body too much since it not healthy to put on too much stress too.