Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite & Recommended Fanfictions

Slendermane

Honestly, I kind of like Cupcakes. Not just because of the story, but I love how controversial ponies got over it! It's very interesting that somepony could make something so disturbing and horrible, but get so many ponies to read it... Idunno, I just like it.

It's just plain woonderful...

I find myself in agreement with this. That and it's the first fanfic I ever read. :P

Cupcakes. Was a nice break from non-violence.

But was it meaningful violence? As future military, I know violence is sometimes a neccisty. (I too, also think it's a blast to have our little ponies kick some ass every now and then.) My biggest criticism of Cupcakes, aside from the obvious, is it's ubiquity. Pinkie didn't kill Dash, she never would hurt anypony, especially her friends, yet every time she's crossed or even slightly miffed people bring it back up again.

The only fanfic I've ever read (and probably ever will read, really) is Fallout: Equestria. Let me put it this way - It's the single greatest thing I've ever read. I've read stuff like 1984, Animal Farm, and Redwall. If it were published, I would not hesitate to buy it and read it again in all its ~608,000 word glory. It's that good.

The only fanfic I've ever read (and probably ever will read, really) is Fallout: Equestria. Let me put it this way - It's the single greatest thing I've ever read. I've read stuff like 1984, Animal Farm, and Redwall. If it were published, I would not hesitate to buy it and read it again in all its ~608,000 word glory. It's that good.

Good lord I don't care even if it's that good, that's nearly half the length of a friggen Bible!

If you're a SG-1 fan and love those cute little ponies, too, then I suggest you take a look at Bosstone's stories Stargate Equestria: Connection and Incursion (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2947896/Bosstone). Given the SG-1 theme, these very well written stories manage to combine both humans and ponies in a serious and, well... believable way (as far as that is even possible) that held me in its grasp all the way to the last pages of the sequel. Definately worth reading, and especially so if you know your Stargate ABC.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes Iam a bit overwhelmed by the amount of material the community makes, especially when it comes to fan fictions. Therefore I wanted to ask you which you liked and which I should read.

Well I like humourous, sad or just epic stories that are not grimdark or too graphic violent. As protagonists I like the mane characters most and Iam ok with shipping. Also I like such everyday life stories like the sleepover episode for example and crossovers are fine too. So what would you recommend me? :)

Also how do you read fanfics? My eyes begin to hurt often when I read too long something on my PC

If just about anything is fine, then here's a few of the good ones I've read.

• The White Demure
  • Pinkiemania (Background)
  • The L Words (Grimdark)
  • Daylight Burning (Grimdark)
  • One Night in Manehattan (Shipping)
  • The Circle of Friends
  • My Little Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

One of my favorites is called Everfree. It's not complete yet but it's a basically a pony vietnam sort of thing.

A few others are:

My Little Dashie

Rainbow Factory (Grimdark)

Through the Eyes of Another Pony (Humor, slight shipping)

Speakeasy (sad)

• Brohoof 1

Some of the best ones I've read:

Those are all very well written stories with unique concepts. They're also rather short, none of them should take more than an hour or so to read if you have a decent reading speed. If you have more time to spend, I'd also recommend:

Those stories are just pure epic, but they're also very long, and would likely take, at a minimum, the better part of a whole day to read.
  • Brohoof 1

Let's see here. There are a lot of great ones.

Comedy

Mort Takes a Holiday

The Sock Swap

A Perfectly Ordinary Day in Ponyville

The Vinyl Scratch Tapes

Nightmares Don't Last Forever

Shipping

Shipping and Handling (also comedy)

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Kindness's Reward

The Combinatorics Project

Spark

Adventure/Epic

Sunset series

Fallout Equestria

Past Sins

Sad

Bubbles

Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Somewhere Only We Know

Pony Psychology series

Dark/Grimdark

Silent Ponyville

Lunacy

The Rainbow Factory

• Brohoof 1

Your Truly, Beyond Judgement, The Sweetie Chronicles, Fixing up Miss Smartypants, A Cry Left Unheard, Decay & Decay's sequel The Magic Never Fades Away, Past Sins, Newsworthy, My Little Hangover, The Vinyl Scratch Tapes, Scented Venom, The Promises We Keep, Luna's Descent, Twilight's Answering Machine, Letter from Canterlot, Through the Eyes of Another Pony, Forever!, Bubbles, Silent Ponyville, For the New Lunar Republic, Envy and Arrogance, Would it Matter?, The Cough, At Home on the Range, Hexonxonx, A Perfectly Ordinary Day in Ponyville, What do You do with a Drunken Unicorn? & it's sequel Friendship (With Benefits) is Magic, Why Didn't Ah Stay at th' Farm?, What Separates, To Fix You, Unmarked

• Brohoof 1

Cupcakes. Its a lovely romantic tale about hardship and the need for laughter in dark times. Its certainly one of the more cutesie wootsie ones.

Just kidding, its very Grimdark so be warned. XD

I've seen the animation and it isn't my cup(cake) of tea so Iam not gonna read it xD

I like Fallout Equestria and My little Dashie a lot :)

And thanks everypony for your suggestions, I guess I'll be all Egghead over the next weeks :lol:

The only one I've read (so the only one I can really recommend) is Fallout: Equestria, but my God, do I recommend it. As long as you're prepared to read something longer than War & Peace, then definitely do it. It's the greatest thing I've ever read.

• Brohoof 4

This is one of my all time favorites! Rainbow Leap. Stripped to the bone, Rainbow Dash goes through the different multiverses of Cupcakes. Don't worry, no gore moments. It's epic mostly (At least to me, I don't know what your preferences of epicness is), but it does have it's funny moments.

It's worth a try, trust me =3

• Brohoof 1