Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Minecraft General Discussion

Gummy

When he said he was a brony, we all cheered.

When he later said he had never watched an episode, a worldwide sigh rang forth.

When he promised to give it a shot, we sat in suspense.

Now it's official: Notch is addicted to MLP:FiM. Reason enough to revive this thread? I think so.

Oh sweet Celestia I can't wait for the official 1.2 update! Here is most of the stuff that'll be in it, for those of you who don't keep up-to-date with Minecraft.

-Ladders will get their collision box's back! Fans of the no-hitbox ladder don't have to dispair though, because

-Vines will now act like the ladders without collision boxes!

-Vastly improved AI for the Zombies, Skeletons and wolves, making them much more deadly then before! Now Zombies can track you and follow you through a maze instead of getting stuck, wolves avoid lava, and perhaps the most threatening of all is that Skeletons and Zombies will now hide in dark areas when the sun rises to avoid being burned!

-A new weapon called the Fire Charge, crafted with Blaze Powder, Gunpowder, and Coal! It works like a slightly improved Flint and Steel. However, it can also be used as a fireball in dispensers!

-Grinding is a thing of the past(In creative mode anyways) Because now there is the 'Bottle o' Enchanting' that'll give you plenty of Experience!

-Can't find wolves in your world, no matter how many forests you've explored? Well worry no more, because as long as you have at least two of them, you can now breed wolves!

-When Mob Eggs are put in Dispensers, they'll fire out the mob! Great for building adventure maps!

-Minecraft gets tropical, as the new Jungle biome makes an appearance! This biome is full of bushes, ferns, vines, and MASSIVE trees! And the new mob that makes its home in the jungle is

-The Ocelot! This new mob only spawns in jungles, and will hunt chickens! If you tame it with fish, it'll turn into a tame kitten!

So, what do you think of this update? Anything in it that you like/dislike? I personally think it'll be a great update, and I can't wait to have Ocelots as pets now! Seriously, who wouldn't want cute kittens in Minecraft?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've not played this game for awhile I really lack inspiration and motivation to plan something fun out and begin building it. My own single-player world just has a few quaint structures strewn about, everything with aesthetics in mind.

Maybe I'll think of something fun to do and I'll get on it this weekend! Any suggestions for my useless imagination?

Oh, and here's some pixel art I did in November in case anyone is wondering if I've ever accomplished anything on Minecraft, hehe!

Applejack

Posted Image

Rarity

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash

Posted Image

Vinyl Scratch

Posted Image

Octavia

Posted Image

Fluttershy

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Hai,

im going to make a minecraft server it will have plugins like permissions... and more, but i can't find a download for bukkit (application to create and run a minecraft server). does anyone know where to find a working download.

Thanks already

Oh, and if it works and stuff you become a GameBeaver supporter, since it is my server for TheGameBeaver.

• 7 months later...

Hiya everypony!

I recently found a nice little Minecraft server, that would be nice to see some friendly faces on.

I'm head admin on it, and the other staff are quite friendly.

Sadly at the moment the owner is yet to put any good plugins on, and so I have to keep a watchful eye on newcomers.

But I'm sure you guys would be trustworthy, and so I'd like you to join me if you can  :lol:

Please be on your best behaviour if you do join though, I don't want to ban my fellow bronies  :(

If this interests you, here is the IP:

EDIT

The server is currently down (well, whitelisted) due to problems with the owners and such. If the server does come back up, I will say.

Edited by Maelstrom Dash

• 1 month later...

I have minecraft PE, since I don't own a computer :(

I like to make houses and stuff, usually using a gimmic in each room. My creation posted below has paintings everywhere, including in front of doors :)

3840ADB2-3D4D-4D04-B1AA-60C67A5A4467-181

Here's some of my minecraft pony stuff that I made a while back. Sadly I lost the maps. :(

Fluttershy

2012-01-19_22.12.23.png

Filly Twi and AJ

2010-10-05_01.38.21.png

Slayer Celestia! m/

2012-03-07_20.12.01.png

^ I'm Particularly proud of this one. ^

And Rarity

2010-10-08_21.44.46.png

I should make more of these. :P

• 5 months later...

So, I am obsessed with Minecraft, but who isn't? Anyways, I do have my own server that me and my boyfriend and friends play on, but i wanna join a new one, and make new friends you know? I have Minecraft on my COMPUTER! Not Xbox..sorry, but i think Minecraft on the computer is hella better.

Okay, so can someone please give me a Server number or something, to where i can just, mess around and stuff...

Also, i didnt actually buy Minecraft, i downloaded it..just another reminder.

if you downloaded it as a torrent or something without buying a legitimate copy, then you won't be able to play on any game servers aside from LAN servers, I.E. hamachi servers. Just google hamachi minecraft server list and find any server you want to join. In order to join hamachi servers you need Hamachi and you must join a network containing the host computer for the server, then connect through the hamachi ipv4 for the host computer.

if you downloaded it as a torrent or something without buying a legitimate copy, then you won't be able to play on any game servers aside from LAN servers, I.E. hamachi servers. Just google hamachi minecraft server list and find any server you want to join. In order to join hamachi servers you need Hamachi and you must join a network containing the host computer for the server, then connect through the hamachi ipv4 for the host computer.

Ah, okay, yeah I have heard of Hamachi before, but i will be doing that. I do have a few friends who never actually bought it and i play with them..and my boyfriends brother, sister in law, and nephews play on ours, and they have the bought version.

Thanks for the advice :)

• 3 weeks later...

Never have I played a game so challenging and frustrating too. 

I play on peaceful because mining is impossible to me with enemies and hunger.

I have like 30+ diamonds and a sword, pickaxe, shovel, and axe.

Like 64x3 in iron, and gold? Well who cares about gold.

But recently I fell, and died, and spawned so so so far away.

5859-star-trek-black-guy-freak-out.gif

Took almost like 1 hour+ searching for my house, to find my items I died with still there lol

Anyone else think Minecraft is like a impossible game?

Technically, yes, as other than and self-imposed goals there are none, you cannot "finish" the game.

I usually play on peaceful until I have my farm going and a full set of armour (usually iron).

The trick is to be very careful, but even then you can still die a lot, experience is the only other thing that helps and even that fails sometimes.

The real challenge is Hardcore mode.

It's far from impossible - even though you can't finish the game as the above user said, it's entirely possible to prosper; your main goal. Everyone makes mistakes and falls off of ledges; my question is, why wouldn't you sleep in a bed in your house to make it your spawn point? That way, whenever you die, you'll spawn in your house and have a quick path to your items.

It's a good thing they remained there - normally they disappear within five minutes of your death. Whenever I begin to carry in excess of 16 diamonds, I quit my mining journey and head back home to store them in case of accidental death by lava :P

Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu
  • Brohoof 1

It's far from impossible - even though you can't finish the game as the above user said, it's entirely possible to prosper; your main goal. Everyone makes mistakes and falls off of ledges; my question is, why wouldn't you sleep in a bed in your house to make it your spawn point? That way, whenever you die, you'll spawn in your house and have a quick path to your items.

It's a good thing they remained there - normally they disappear within five minutes of your death. Whenever I begin to carry in excess of 16 diamonds, I quit my mining journey and head back home to store them in case of accidental death by lava :P

I did, but I moved it not thinking (I haven't played minecraft since 1.2.4  when I took a break, so my mind wasn't really used to minecraft yet) so then I fell and died lol

And ya I did some research to see how long until all my armor and weapons disappear

luckily I spawned away from the chunks so it bought me time lol

Edited by Dirty Dan

You'll get used to it. I started playing on peaceful when I first got the game, then eventually changed to other difficulties. Nowadays I go on a wild night time hunting spree with diamond armor and don't care xD

If you're carrying a lot of shiz, it's best to take a bed along with you when you mine and create a little place where you can sleep, then go back home in the day time. 

Edited by LittleRawr

I used to, especially when the zombies had that TWANG sound effect with their bows. It scared the living crap out of me...

I just started playing a bit smarter, crafting armour, making massive farms and sneaking near suspicious cliffs. Oh, and figuring out the coordinate system in one of the F- menus really helped as well. I started recording the locations of my homes, mines and notable places to visit later.

Edited by Celtore

I used to, especially when the zombies had that TWANG sound effect with their bows. It scared the living crap out of me...

I just started playing a bit smarter, crafting armour, making massive farms and sneaking near suspicious cliffs. Oh, and figuring out the coordinate system in one of the F- menus really helped as well. I started recording the locations of my homes, mines and notable places to visit later.

Ya I decided to get a minimap mod

so I can see caves and enemies and save waypoints, plus it shows where I last died so I guess thats helpful