Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Is General Discussion used to "Farm" Post Count?

HeavenSunset

Is General Discussion Used for post count  

27 users have voted

1. 1. Do You use it for any type of post count increase?

• Yes
    • No

Not to increase my post count itself; I post in threads that interest me. In one way I do like to increase my post so that I can get the post count badges I like more, but it looks like they are still showing off the new badges they made. If anything, the easiest way to increase post count for its own sake would be the Forum Games and Forum Lounge section.

Usually I would be making posts in the debate section, but depending on the topic and the point reached in the discussion, it is not unusual for me to spend over an hour to make one post as I may need to do some researching or reviewing to make my points. Time has been more limited recently so there are discussions I have left unfinished and some other discussions I have not yet joined. So I have been more active in threads like these where there is not as much time investment per post.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1

I had honestly forgotten that post count was still even a thing that was visible.

I get there are a few topics in this section that lend themselves to quick, simple posts that members can post in multiple times a day, but it's never occurred to me the thought of posting in them to raise my post count.

Caring about post count? That's so mid-2000s!

• Brohoof 1

It can be seen that way, yes. Personally, I stopped paying any heed to my post count or reputation a few months back, so I tend to only post if I have something to say, be it a joke or an actual opinion of mine. :mlp_grin: Truly, I think if one is worried that they are "whoring out" on MLPF, they may be taking it a touch too seriously.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, if there is any value in posting, it is to post in General Discussion. There are however a few topics that are worth posting for, so the post count is a bonus for those ones.

• Brohoof 1

I never really cared for post count to be honest, if I did I would have way more posts than I have. Plus it's just hard to find anything actually interesting to post on the forum in general, but I do lurk all the time. xD

Honestly some of those threads that I see "What were you doing 10 minutes ago" or "What was the last thing you ate" Should go on the Forum Lounge instead of General Discussion, cause, those topics aren't discussing anything, they are just people lounging and stuff if you get what I mean, General Discussion I think should be used more for actual discussion of a topic, the Lounge sounds more to be for just general little topics like that that have no general conversation whatsoever.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

... Should go on the Forum Lounge instead of General Discussion, cause, those topics aren't discussing anything, they are just people lounging and stuff if you get what I mean...

Come on, it is the perfect loop hole for getting a few more of those delicious post count. Don't make the mods aware (except @Lucky Bolt who also eats post count like we mortals (non-staff))

• Brohoof 1

Posting what you feel is on your mind that is relevant to a topic isn't farming post count. If you were posting 20 times in like 10 minutes, that could be pushing it.

Admittedly, I did used to use this part of the forums as a post farm but I ended up liking this part of the forums the most so I just ended up staying here.  It's also because I haven't properly caught up in the series, I'm almost to season 8 though, so I tend to mostly avoid other parts of the forums to avoid major spoilers.

I think it is used for that a bit and I'll openly admit I post here to add to my post count as posts don't count at all in Forum Games where I mostly like to hang out. I don't wish to have a massive post count though, it's just nice to feel like some of the posts count for something I guess.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

In all the times this year I've made more posts, even in the times I've thought about "farming" posts, I have never posted in General Discussion with the intent of racking up my post count once. I just come here to post what I want wherever it may be. :fluttershy:

I don't think so. While there are people who post a lot in this area, I haven't seen anyone post obvious clutter – the posts on this board still have a point and are on topic.

As for myself, I wouldn't say so either. I only post in topics that I find interesting to at least some extent and where I have something to say. If I really cared a lot about post count, I'd have many more posts. :twi:

Though I admit it would be nice to get griffon rank, but I doubt it will ever happen. :please:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 4

General Discussion is my favorite section to post in but it’s not about increasing my post count. I have no interest in post rankings anyway, especially now that the new ranks have me pretty confused as to what my own ‘official’ rank is. My next rank would have been Pegasus but that was still a thousand posts away so it wasn’t much of a thought in my mind. Mostly I post here because it has the widest variety of subject matter. I like to post about MLP but, as with most of my greater interests, I like to keep most of my fanaticism to myself and enjoy it on a quieter personal level rather than post extensively about it and compare notes with others. General Discussion is just a nice place to hang out.  

• Brohoof 2

Nah. I've been here over 5 years, post almost exclusively in General Discussion, and I still have fewer than 200 posts.

If anything, I kind of do the opposite. There are plenty of times in which I think of something to post and then I think I don't really want to post that, or there's no point, or I'm too tired. If I never hesitated, my post count would probably be twice as high.