Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather be a time traveler or go to Equestria?

Stone Cold Applejack

, because we like the Google bred nanites that invade our forum to help search engine goodness, I changed your topic title to something more descriptive. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd first take time travel; travel back to right before I was about to make the choice between time travel and the portal to Equestria; and then I would pick portal to Equestria.

Profit.

• Brohoof 9

Time travel: I travel forward in time to when immersive virtual reality and strong AI exist, and hook myself up to a VR-machine that perfectly simulates Equestria! Why choose when you can have both!?

Time travel opens up the possibility of accidentally creating universe-destroying paradoxes. Equestria seems like a safer bet.

Also, the present is a much better place than the past. And the future... I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Equestria please.

• Brohoof 1

Somehow, all of our history as we know and expect of it doesn't feel anywhere near as welcoming or pleasant as a world filled with relatively tranquil ponies and excitement.

Only time travel if I, or someone who was more experienced was with me and knew what and what not to do to disrupt the balance of the time line and there was a way to prevent accidentally bringing back more evolved viruses and wiping out entire civilizations with less developed immune systems, in the future one would probably be seen as less intelligent and civilized, plus the added risk of contracting a new disease in the future that could be devastating to someone from our time, or possibly destroying the universe or erasing one's own existence through an accidental paradox.

Going to Equestria seems to be far less likely to be encountered with hostility than the misunderstandings of running into people of different time periods and far less likely to be executed due to such a misunderstanding, the possibility for disease is still likely, and while I would definitely miss my friends and family, it would be far more intriguing to experience something that someone from our world has never gotten the chance to in constrast to something millions of people have experienced in the past and will experience in the future.

• Brohoof 1

the possibility for disease is still likely

Actually I'd say it's very unlikely. Viruses evolve to target specific hosts. This is the reason you can't catch, say, FIV (the cat equivalent of HIV) even if you inject infected cat blood into your veins. (Not that I do that. Please ignore the rumours.)

Obviously that doesn't help with bacterial infections, cancer, heart attacks, kidney failure, etc.

But it means you won't get a cold.

Edited by Vital Spark

I'd be a time traveler so I could travel to the point in the future where the dimensional portal is a thing, and go through the one that takes me to Equestria. And then I'll time-travel in Equestria to see all the cool things that it has to offer (Starswirl, Nightmare Moon, Discord, etc).

• Brohoof 1

portal to equestria, probably. time travel can very easily mess things up and since im careless and clumsy i'd most likely mess something up in the past (and potentially even the future). also assuming that the portal would give you a pony form it'd be really cool to see what you'd look like as a pony!

• Brohoof 1

Time travel opens up the possibility of accidentally creating universe-destroying paradoxes. Equestria seems like a safer bet.

Also, the present is a much better place than the past. And the future... I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Equestria please.

Actually if you follow the multiverse theory, and change you make will affect an alternate timeline, not your own =)

But still EQ tho... i think ik enough history =p

Both are bad choices, but I'll have to go with Equestria. While time travel is interesting conceptually, the execution would show how impractical time travel is.