Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What made you a brony?

Tjb2000

• The lack of cynicism
  • The nice animation
  • The message of the show
  • The surprising depth the characters can have
  • The quality storytelling and execution in general
  • The idea that there is a community out there where we can all share our love of the show through analysis, fanfics, art, animation, music, etc.

And of course

PinkiePie2.png

It's really a collection of things.

I mean what lead you to watch the show.

Do you mean why I first watched an episode, or why I kept watching?

• Brohoof 6

Watched it out of curiosity from seeing what all the fuss was about. thought i'd have a good laugh from it. Turned it i actually loved it  :wacko:

and how could i forget about best pony

twilight_sparkle__alicorn__by_90sigma-d5

• Brohoof 5

Oh it all to my sister, she said I should watch it with her, it was the first episode I dissed it the whole time then at the end I was like "I can't like this no!" Then I denied it, eventually I watched some more on my own and accepted the fact I was a brony.

• Brohoof 2

My friend told me to at least watch one episode (when he asked me this, I was already kind of into it because I saw a picture of rainbow dash. Need I say more) after that one episode I loved it.

I was in a chat with a friend from the UK. We used to talk about all sorts of :yay:  and then the subject of MLP came into the discussion. I thought 'why would you talk about MLP?' I of course knew about the earlier generations, because my big sister, used to have the toys in the 90s. He said that there is a new show and he said that it's actually pretty good. I thought that he wanted to fool me into something, since he liked to do that. He talked to me how lovable the characters are and told me about his favorite episodes, especially Party of one. I then thought: 'Okay, if he fools me, then he puts more effort into this then usual.'

So i went to Youtube, watching the first two episodes, just to know what all the fuss was about. I then watched Ticket Master, then Applebuck season and so forth. I thought: 'It can't be. They pull me into something, that i hated for years. Is this show filled with subliminal messages?' I then watched the fan content, still with the thought, i shouldn't like this.

After awhile, i just gave up. I didn't questioned it anymore and just hopped on the ride. That's how i became a brony.

• Brohoof 4

The show. I loved the show so much and when I saw that there were other people that were around the same age as I and even older that liked MLP I got involved with the Brony community (the best community I've ever been in  :smug: ).

Saw a bunch of hilarious mlp gifs and youtube thumbnails, thought it was probably as funny as people said it was and i think the moment i really got into it was in the first episode when twilight said "tell me shes not about to sing a song...", which was later ironic cuz now I like mlp songs.

I heard about it and originally thought the whole Bronies thing was odd, but I didn't hate on Bronies. I went to the Orthodontist on February 14, 2013 and it plays The Hub in the waiting room. MLP was on. I thought it was interesting and watched some more at home, and I was like, "You must not become a Brony." but then I fell head over heels for the show and now I'm just like, "*has a Rainbow Dash cup, a Derpy Hooves mini plushie, a Celestia collectible, tshirts, and a MLP blanket and puts 'Brony' as my nickname on my homecoming shirt*"

• Brohoof 1

It took a lot to make me a brony, first, it was alicorn Twilight Sparkle, I know for some it was contrived, but I didn't see it that way, I felt it was a great reward for Twilight, and her quest for the magic of friendship. Second, it was military bronies, I was a navy corpsman, and it surprised me to know that servicemen were in the fandom too, so after I saw FOB Equestria on YouTube, I was intrigued and wanted to see more. Fourth, Jan Animations, I was very impressed that a fan could animated ponies so well, Button Mash was a great character, and wanted to learn to animate ponies like that too. Finally, it was Equestria Girls, for me personally, I love this movie, it was a shock to me at first, I thought it was a fan made movie like Button's Adventures, then I realised it was real, and I was inspired, the human characters were quite good, I liked how they were animated, and they had good chemistry, moreover, I loved the music, it was catchy, furthermore, Equestria Girls got me sentimental, and I felt this was a fandom I wanted to be a part of, although I face challenges for being a brony, not just by anti bronies, but other ravenous fans, I have made good friends, as close as the mane six, I still wonder if being a brony is worth it, the friends I have keep me bonded to the ponies and the bronies. 

• Brohoof 1