Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

At what age did you first learn about sex?

Cleverclover

I read a fanfiction.

A few months later, my mom actually sat me down and we had the chat lol.

I was eight or nine, I was trying to type 'six' into a keyboard and accidentally typed 'sex' and found some interesting things online. :wau:

My dad walked in, laughed, and told me to go outside. 

I first learned about Sex Ed when I was in middle school, we had a class where the males were separated from the females and the males learned about female puberty and the females learned about male puberty. It was a bit much for me at my age being in sixth grade.

I can't remember to well it was so long ago, I am gonna say about 8 or 9, I had a group of older students on the bus I rode to grade school. They were loud and very obnoxious. I listened one day, figured out some things about sex, used those learned words on a computer, and then read for a while. I didn't get much but as I got older things started to un fold and make more sense in school. And amongst my friends. I did not have the chat or anything either, I guess my parents just thought I knew :3.

I never had to endure 'the talk', fortunately. I don't really know how old I was when I learned about it, but I do know that it never came as a shocking revelation to me at all. My reaction was more along the lines of, 'oh, okay'.

• 3 years later...

Well, my mom sat me down and had “the talk” when I was about 12 years old. Honestly though, I kind of already had a vague idea of what the word “sex” meant long before then...

I remember I learned about it in school starting in the fifth grade. My parents gave me the talk separately, I think it was shortly after.

I think I was 12, cause I'm pretty sure I was in 7th grade. I stumbled across something in my science textbook and I got curious, so I googled it. My parents always opted me out of the sex-ed parts of health class, so I never learned that way. I got a very abridged version of the talk a year or so later.

I think a lot of girls just know about it by instinct from a fairly early age. I don’t know the exact moment I became ‘officially’ aware of it, but I was probably around eight or nine. People talk about stuff, and my friends were no different. Some even had some visual material to illustrate with, which I didn’t need but couldn’t exactly un-see.  

Around 7th grade through biology. Even though sex ed starts in 5th grade for me, I didn't pay too much attention on it.

There wasn't a single point in time that I learned, or one "talk" session. Our school system had a sort of "sex ed" each year starting in kindergarten (This is what males have, this is what females have, nobody is to touch your junk, etc) and they'd throw in more information each year. At around 4th grade they taught us what to expect during puberty, and every year after that they slowly brought in sex as an interaction. 

Though I will say that outside of school, my family fed me fear-mongering misinformation that had really screwed my perception of the whole topic up. As a 13 year old in middle school, I for real believed kissing people caused pregnancy -_-

since I was like 6 or 7 I knew the term sex (although I thought it was just going under the covers and hugging someone and go to sleep while hugging them naked)
but when I was like 12, nearly 13 I found out about sex as part of the curriculum, although I was about 13, nearly 14, when I found out about most of the forms (although this was through clop)