Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Funny ways you've woken up?

gamecubeguy214

I remember one morning my dad came upstairs to wake me up for work. He brought my dog with him and when he opened the door, my dog came running and jumped on my bed. My dog crawled on me like a mountain climber, while my dad helped out by yelling at me to get up. I remember I woke up and I told him that I didn't have work that day and then I went on my computer. 

My sister and brother in law have two cats and I was staying at there house in the spare room.

I woke up having not looked under the covers enough the evening I first got into the bed to have seen that the bed had cat poo in it and I spent the night laying a bit in it.

It wasn’t all over me it was just a bit on my leg but it was gross and I was confused as to how I hadn’t noticed.

• Brohoof 1

There was this one time....where I was dreaming about a land where everything was edible, and then when I woke up my pillow was gone...

Edited by Rawzy
  • Brohoof 2

I woke up once and I somehow, my head ended up at the bottom of my bed, and my feet were where my pillows are. I panicked a little because I thought I was kidnapped...  :lol:

When I was about seven, I woke up on the ground next to my bed with a headache. In retrospect, I realized that I must have fallen out of bed and hit my head on the metal chair that was next to it, and somehow managed to sleep through it.

When I was in high school band, we went on a retreat and I found myself in a large hotel suite with 4 other guys. there were 2 couches, and one king size bed. two guys took the couches and one guy elected to sleep on the floor because sharing a bed "is really weird". Finally there was just me and one other guy (let's call him Mike). Neither one of us wanted to sleep on the floor, and neither of us had ever shared a bed before. 

Mike was an interesting fellow. His real name was 5 names with latin and greek roots. He was a young clarinet prodigy. If you asked him if he believed in God, he would say that Beethoven was the closest thing to it. Most importantly, he did not grow up with quite the same social norms as everybody else.

The first night of the retreat, Mike slept on one side of the bed, and I slept on the other. You probably could have fit an elephant between us.

I slept quite peacefully that night and the sunlight gently brightened the room and I began to gain consciousness. My head was turned away from Mike's direction.

And then I noticed it.

Somebody's arm was wrapped around me, and it wasn't mine.

My frenzied teenaged mind was running like a drunk monkey. I tried to push myself up, but I couldnt budge.

I began to panic. I was lying on my stomach and it was hard to breathe. In an act of desperation, I horselly cried out "MIKE?"

No answer.

It was then at this point that I noticed something rather peculiar. a slight tingling sensation had begun to form  just beyond both of my shoulders. This mild tingle turned into THE RAGING PAIN OF A MILLION NEEDLEPOINTS PRICKING ME AT THE SAME TIME. With painful relief, I realized that I had fallen asleep on top of both of my arms. Mike had already gotten out of bed to go practice.

Thankfully, I have never repeated the same awkward sleeping position.

1-This used to happen several times when I was a teen. I used to have this dream where I was being badass by making parkour on ceiling, but there was always this one jump that seemed harder, and in my dream, I used more strenght to jump harder. Problem was, I also kicked with my leg in real life, and that always woke me up

2-I was sleeping in an inflatable bed with a drawer behind me. At the morning, my mom, looking for something, pulled the drawer, hit me slightly in the pillow, but it was strong enough to make me jump in the bed. The funny part is, I thought I jumped because of a dream at first, until I turned my head and saw mom there with a scared face XD

3-We were preparing to hunt deer, but since I didn't sleep enough last night, I took a nap. I woke up because I heard gunshots, and I thought it was in my dreams. I looked for anyone to see if I've overslept and left to hunt deer, but then I heard another gunshot. Shortly after, I saw the whole group making some target practice

• Brohoof 1

Hard to think of funny ways in which I've woken up, but I can think of plenty of terrifying ones and just plain bizarre ones. 

One terrifying way in which I woke up was when I was having a dream in which I was screaming at Hitler. I probably shouldn't repeat what I was saying here, but rest assured it was very much anti-Hitler. I woke up, and felt a hard, physical slap on my face, and the pain lingered even though I was awake. No one was there.

I think I was having a nightmare once and I woke up and shouted (not very loudly) "fire!" I don't remember what the dream was about.

Another time I was having a sleepover with a friend, and I wouldn't get up in the morning. So my dad and my friend dragged me outside in my sleeping bad (this was in the middle of a winter). They then took away the sleeping bag. Even then it took me a while to get up.

I sometimes wake up in the middle of throwing a punch or kick. I can rarely recall who I was fighting. Good times, though.

Also, my old cat used to sleep on the end of my bed and would wake me up at sunrise every morning by slapping my face repeatedly so I'd let him out of the room. I miss him dearly; he died last year. :(

Looking to get a new kitty soon.

• Brohoof 1

Years ago before my nieces were my nieces I was hanging out with them and fell asleep with my feet on the toy bin and my head on the bottom corner of a mattress that was sitting on the floor. I dreamed I was on a cloud. As soon as I dreamed that I fell off the cloud I woke up to realize my feet had fallen off of the toy bin. The fact that nothing else was under me would probably explain why I felt like I was in the air.

Also I once sneezed myself awake. Then when it rained later that day I thought I had predicted it with my sneeze. I was a strange kid.

Edited by ArielCurlicue
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I would sleep walk a lot when I was younger. I also slept in the funniest positions. One time, I woke up under my bed.. Yep. UNDER. I woke up barely able to move and surrounded by stuffed animals. To this day, I have no clue how or why I was under there.

As for the kitten story, I have woken up to meowing under my bed, because she gave birth under there. But never in my bed. lol :D

I woke up to myself chopping down a tree once. I just went with it and continued to chop the tree. Fell asleep again and woke up in bed. 

Seriously, it's a true story. 

• Brohoof 2

I woke up with my mom walking in the room while i had Morning wood(if any one knows what that is, your lucky.), and considering she not too keen with seeing a teenager with a boner, it was a surprise, because I woke up being naked. (It was extremely hot that night, DON'T JUDGE ME!)

Well, this wasn't me, but one of my friends sleeps in crazy positions and moves around in her sleep a lot. We were both at another friend's house for a sleepover, and my friend woke up with her head in the bathroom (she had rolled there in her sleep). lol. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

A few times I've gotten tangled in my blankets, so when my alarm clock rang I went to go turn it off since it was a few feet away, and I pulled all the blankets off my bed. Once I've woken up by falling straight on the floor, it didn't hurt because I took most of my blankets with me, but it was still alarming for me to find myself falling like that. Also, I've put my alarm on the other side of my room and one time one of my legs fell asleep (which means I couldn't feel my leg), so when I got up to turn it off I slammed my foot on the floor repeatedly making a very loud thud each time.