Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why ponies can hold objects on their hooves

cider float

A passive magical ability to hold things, which all ponies have?

Failing that cartoon logic.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

What about the objects that are not magnetic?

The magnetic power is so great it reaches Magneto's power of moving all metals on the periodic table. It's magic magnet.

magneto-how-do-work-miracle-1295309131H.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

The magnetic power is so great it reaches Magneto's power of moving all metals on the periodic table. It's magic magnet.

magneto-how-do-work-miracle-1295309131H.

What about the non metal objects?

Simple.  They can hold objects the same way the Powerpuff Girls do.  :derp:

But actually there is something I came across on Youtube that might provide an answer. 

While the curving outer edge of their hoof is hard, the tissue in the middle could be soft and have the ability to function like the device in this video, right?  :huh: 

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Simple.  They can hold objects the same way the Powerpuff Girls do.  :derp:

But actually there is something I came across on Youtube that might provide an answer. 

While the curving outer edge of their hoof is hard, the tissue in the middle could be soft and have the ability to function like the device in this video, right?  :huh:

Thank you for posting that. EqD posted this some years ago and I have been trying to find it since.

• Brohoof 1

They carry around scotch tape and stick it to their hooves in case they need to stick something to them.

• Brohoof 1

My headcanon is that because it's established that all pony races can create offspring with any pony, they're all closely related genetically. Therefore it's not unreasonable to think that each race has magical prowess to some degree(partially canon as unicorns can harness magic, and pegasus ponies have the ability to move clouds). The way I see it is that magic courses throughout their bodies, and this allows it to manifest itself in a sort of magical magnetism in their hooves. Unicorns are most proficient in the harnessing of magic, but it exists in all ponies and is what helps them perform actions such as holding items and moving clouds.

• Brohoof 2