Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What have you done today?

SilyGeny

Spanish class, lunch, English class, got some hot cocoa, picked up a package, edited patreon page, started on some homework, ate dinner, washed all my sheets, continued homework, re-made my bed.

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 2

Finished recording a lecture and graded a few discussion posts for my online classes. It was a productive day overall!

• Brohoof 1

I decided to change my Intel Xeon 2.6 GHz LGA1156 cpu with an Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz LGA1156 (and matching memory) to get a few more MegaHerz out of my old machine. I might have lost a few cores, but I want to have the speed for this 10 year old beast.

It was a risk to remove these things on a machine I am daily working on,  and both the memory or the CPU could have been damaged from my other computer they came from (the lighting strike two weeks ago), but I guessed right, only the motherboard was fried.

Went to school, got under a rain, spent too much time on homework (finding function's extremum points for an hour for algebra is a bit too much)

Also received feedback about my game's first build from my friend and worked on it a bit

On 9/7/2020 at 11:53 AM, zerox said:

If anyone is interested here's a pic of my work in progress computer build.

IMG_20200907_114822_1.jpg

My thought when scrolling up was "oh god, he going to use that PLASTIC BAG IN THERE??"

Then read it was a WIP which made far more sense. The plastic would melt, which isn't fun.

On-topic tho..

Haven't done much other than working and reading up some more on the theoretical exam for my driver's license. Won't be long until I can take the test and succeed on the first try.

Woke up earlier than usual, played some acnh, made some banana bread, rearranged my sewing space.  I'm thinking about getting some shelves since I need to replace a busted older plastic bin I was using...  Kinda sucks but ah well...  I know I can fit a bookshelf in one particular spot and that should help with the piles of books that're taking up space on my floor.  Now I'm just listening to music, there's some hallway renovations going on in my building and they need to swing by to take something out of my door or something?  It's for the new flooring they're going to put down.  They already painted the doors a horrid baby blue, I keep hoping that's going to be a base colour though...  Might do some rearranging of my kitchen later now that I'm thinking of it but there's not much space to really put anything down. :huh:

20 hours ago, Protomaru said:

My thought when scrolling up was "oh god, he going to use that PLASTIC BAG IN THERE??"

Then read it was a WIP which made far more sense. The plastic would melt, which isn't fun.

On-topic tho..

Haven't done much other than working and reading up some more on the theoretical exam for my driver's license. Won't be long until I can take the test and succeed on the first try.

Computer is almost done now. Btw you should have noticed that the cpu isn't installed or that the m.2 slot is empty.

3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Cried over school cause technology is being the worst. Most of my issues have been sorted out, though. I just don’t wanna go through every day having a problem.

You can do it :yay: ! You mean like computer science/programming :wacko: ? Some bugs can be the worst :yeahno: . Good ole head banging I don't miss.

I've just been on my flight simulator practicing stuff.

Liking the rain/light thunder :P 

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, WWolf said:

Good ole head banging I don't miss.

I never touched OLE. What was it ever good for? What did you use it for?

Are we taking about the same OLE?

13 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

No idea what OLE you're referring to :laugh: . I just meant "old" :P 

19 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Object Linking and Embedding!! I remember that! Dabbled in it a bit. It was kinda OK – you could get a text editor or summat to pop up in another program or summat – but I suspect it was more a case of some geeks at Microsoft showing off, "look what we just made! Isn't it clever?" Well, yeah ... :yeahno:

Mine: surfing forums...

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Tropical Melody said:

Object Linking and Embedding!! I remember that! Dabbled in it a bit. It was kinda OK – you could get a text editor or summat to pop up in another program or summat – but I suspect it was more a case of some geeks at Microsoft showing off, "look what we just made! Isn't it clever?" Well, yeah ... :yeahno:

Mine: surfing forums...

I am spending a lot of time trying to understand Windows, using a debugger in Windows NT 3.51, disassembling Windows 7 and Windows XP, to see different bug fixes and stuff. OLE was just one of those things that ended up with too many DLL files, but not one used it. Trust me, DLLs are annoying, especially when they are supposed to be replaceable, but they are so embedded to the actual version of the operating system, that replacing one will crash everything.