Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What have you done today?

SilyGeny

Well, today I went down to my grandparents house with my mom. We ended up getting stuck on really long detour though that took us on a gravel road at one point because the highway to my grandparents town was closed for construction, and my grandma forgot to tell us before we left so that was a lot of fun :scoots:

Once we got to their house though it was all good, it's been super nice outside today so we all sat outside in their backyard, I think I even got a tan we were out there for so long. I was also able to print a few sheets of paper off that I needed to get printed using their printer because the printer at my house stopped working. And then on the way home me and my mom went a different way back to avoid the crazy detour again and we stopped and got food at a Dairy Queen along the way, my hot fudge Sunday was very good :dash:    

• Brohoof 1

I finally finished the rest of my homework, I read a book, I went to get some ice cream, and I called a friend.

2 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

Well, today I went down to my grandparents house with my mom. We ended up getting stuck on really long detour though that took us on a gravel road at one point because the highway to my grandparents town was closed for construction, and my grandma forgot to tell us before we left so that was a lot of fun :scoots:

Once we got to their house though it was all good, it's been super nice outside today so we all sat outside in their backyard, I think I even got a tan we were out there for so long. I was also able to print a few sheets of paper off that I needed to get printed using their printer because the printer at my house stopped working. And then on the way home me and my mom went a different way back to avoid the crazy detour again and we stopped and got food at a Dairy Queen along the way, my hot fudge Sunday was very good :dash:    

Did anyone get the cotton candy dipped cone?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

I finally finished the rest of my homework, I read a book, I went to get some ice cream, and I called a friend.

Did anyone get the cotton candy dipped cone?

No, my mom didn't get anything when we went through the drive-thru and like I said, I only got a hot fudge Sunday and a burger and fries :P

Cotton candy dipped cone does sound pretty interesting though....  :ooh:

On 5/15/2020 at 9:53 PM, Super Splashee said:

Lawn mowed the snail field for my ducks, making custom paths. They love it, running around mazes hunting down snails to eat :squee:

Wow, that's pretty random, and amazing. :o

I mowed the grass (well, largely dandelions). Extremely hot working outside. Practically like summer!

Got a surprising amount of grass and stuff the bin is half full. I expected less.

• Brohoof 1

I repaired this!

2114305299_FanIMG_3109.jpg.1367bdb7c2d31aec88190625f69b0fdd.jpg

1245715001_FanIMG_3110.thumb.jpg.6f32a519a61854b6c0369b7cd34d62bb.jpg

My mother used to have this fan on her desk at work, in the summer. I was using it lately and noticed the wire (US: cord) is looking damaged. So I replaced it.

The original is cloth covered rubber and disintegrating, so starting to get dangerous.

376079003_FanIMG_3111.thumb.jpg.c112067990933ced436b1da4d6088307.jpg

Also the blades were out of balance so it was vibrating quite badly. I seem to have sorted that out too so that's a bonus. In case you're wondering the blades are like a thin floppy vinyl, so no injury if you get hit by one. Hence why there's no guard. Design wise, it's bang on typical 1950's era fashion. Made by G.E.C.!

• Brohoof 2

I've literally done nothing productive at all today. I slept till close to noon and then I got up and watched a few more episodes of the anime Kill La Kill before hopping onto the forums here. I might go for a walk in a bit though, it looks pretty nice outside. :yay:

On 5/20/2020 at 1:35 AM, Bas said:

Replacing the wire. Not sure if I could do that.

Sorry only just seen this. It was quite complicated! I'm used to doing electrical stuff but this was a long job. I thought it would just be a case of replacing the lead (cord) going into the base but the other stuff inside needed renewing also.

Worked on an animation for 2 hours, then walked for over an hour in the newly hatched mosquito summer weather :scoots:

Gotta do more animation work later.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I repaired this!

IMG_3122.jpg.808ce3c12f238f1c91c630e1e16aff46.jpg

What the hell is it? It's a hedge trimmer. Some years ago I nicked the power cord. Taped it up with duct tape. Then last time I used it, did it again! So now got two nicks. So I thought it should really be fixed more proper, like. (Cut out the damaged cord and refit.) First attempt failed, couldn't get some of the screws out, but 2nd time my (new) impact driver got them all, that puppy doesn't prat about ...

-

On 5/14/2020 at 9:26 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I've been in bed, all. freaking. day. 

Been recovering from surgery and my biggest activity so far has been munching on a piece of toast. 

How you getting on now?

Edited by Tropical Melody
  • Brohoof 1

On 10/30/2015 at 11:40 PM, Xeltor23 said:

I studied, then I stayed on my computer until now. Yep, my life is annoying

Me too but mine’s an iPad.

• Went for a walk with my brother around trout lake.
  • Did some grocery shopping.
  • Watched The Help with my wife, to learn some more about the black struggle.
  • Made tortillas
  • Wrote on my novel. 2/3 done, 40.2k words.
  • Cringed at my old fan fictions.
  • Backed up my hard drives.

Weekends are usually pretty chill for me, so I haven't really done much today.  Made some spanakopita and played video games for a bit.

Hiking out and getting away from everything. Just me and the nature. And family of course

B8B743B5-BA72-40D6-BF27-282454B7B1BC.thumb.jpeg.9b6a26a691caf850314d8a91411bc92a.jpeg

I’d have do this more often if it wasn’t for a 2 hour drive. It was very stress reliving. 

• Brohoof 1