Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if My Little Pony (2017) won Best Animated Film?

Animation100

You know, maybe it will. It is possible if the film is good enough, so I would just be happy that it got the credit it deserved, provided the film is good enough to warrant such an honor that is. 

Honestly I'd be appalled. There are going to be much better films in the coming years.

You never know, the film does have potential to be good enough on its own merits to win the award. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would be surprised if it even got nominated, no matter how good it is. Not only do films based off of TV shows rarely win anything, but specifically films based off of childrens TV shows.

I guess that is true, Shuan the Sheep Movie did get Nominated this Year though

Edited by Animation100
  • Brohoof 1

That'd be amazing, seriously. People in the general public would finally give MLP the respect it deserves. But we still don't know if the movie will actually be good, so we'll have to wait.

• Brohoof 2

There will most likely be more deserving films but it will no doubt influence peoples opinions on the show. An award like that shows the shows quality instead of crap pushed out to entertain little girls. Which to be honest given how long bronies have been a thing Im surprised thats still a common opinion.

• Brohoof 2

If it even got nominated by Hollywood, that will be a huge victory for the movie and the people that worked on it. Winning the award is just going to make MLP open some eyes and get some respect.

• Brohoof 3

I would be flabbergasted. That would be putting MLP up there in the big leagues. I'm not getting my hopes up though. It would be thrilling for us and the creators, but it would probably just get dismissed.

I would be happy to be proven wrong here.

• Brohoof 1