Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite episode of each Season?

NeonCobalt

What are your personal favorite episodes for each Season of MLP: FiM? I'll start us off.

Season 1: Bridle Gossip

Lots of great humor here. My personal favorite part is "Flutterguy" singing the Evil Enchantress song.

Season 2: Super Speedy Cider Sqeezy 6000

I really like this one. Flim and Flam are great, as is the song they sing. I always get a good laugh from "Dear Princess Celestia.... I didn't learn anything!"

Season 3: Magical Mystery Cure

A somewhat controversial episode due to the huge plot event that occurs in it, but in my opinion, this episode is fantastic. I love all of the songs, with my favorite being "A True True Friend".

Season 4: Three's A Crowd

In my opinion, this is the best Discord-centered episode since his reformation. A lot of great jokes and gags here. I also really like "Glass of Water", because having Discord sing was absolutely glorious.

Season 5: Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?

A really great character centric episode. The entire scene where the entirety of Ponyville enters one dream is a lot of fun. I found the part where Luna explains why she created the Tantabus to be very well done, and somewhat emotional.

Interesting, hmm....

Season 1 : Applebucking Season (or whatever it was)

I laughed quite a lot at this damn episode and it was one of the first times that Applejack had latched onto me as a great character. So really loved this episode.

Season 2 : The Last Roundup

Lovely writing. More AJ. yes.

Season 3 : Magical Mystery Cure

Feel good songs and a heart-warming moment <3

Season 4 : Pinkie Apple Pie

Very entertaining throughout :D

Season 5 : Amending Fences

Season 1: Bridle Gossip

Season 2: tie between Lesson Zero and The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Season 3: Sleepless in Ponyville

Season 4: Tie between Power Ponies and For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils. Oh and Twilight's Kingdom part 1 and 2.

Season 5: Tie between Slice of Life and Do Princess Dream of Magic Sheep

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: Applebuck Season

Season 2: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6,000

Season 3: Magic Duel

Season 4: Twilight's Kingdom parts 1 & 2

Season 5: Rarity Investigates!

Season One: The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Season Two: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Season Three: Too Many Pinkie Pies

Season Four: Pinkie Pride

Season Five: Slice of Life

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: Party of One: A hilarious episode that shows an interesting side to Pinkie that we've never seen before.

Season 2: Hurricane Fluttershy: Well written characters and a great moral.

Season 3: Sleepless in Ponyville: The episode that made me love Scootaloo.

Season 4: Rarity Takes Manehattan: I'm not sure why I like this one so much to be honest.

Season 5: Amending Fences: A wonderful and relatable story that has a lot of heart.

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 2

Season 1: Party of One/Best Night Ever.

Season 2: Return of Harmony/Lesson Zero/Hurricane Fluttershy

Season 3: Sleepless in Ponyville/Magical Mystery Cure.

Season 4: Pinkie Pride/Twilight's Kingdom.

Season 5: The Cutie Map/Make new Friends but keep Discord/Amending Fences/Rarity Investigates/The Cutie Re-mark.

Yeah, I'm indecisive aren't I? I don't feel like I picked enough episodes actually, I think I could probably list at least a few more favorites for each season...That said, I think you might be able to tell which season is my favorite.

Edited by BasementBloom
  • Brohoof 1

Season One:

"Sonic Rainboom," no contest.  "Fall Weather Friends" and "Griffon the Brush Off" being my picks for runners-up.

Season Two:

"Read It and Weep"; very nearly chose "May the Best Pet Win."

Season Three:

"Wonderbolts Academy"; "Sleepless in Ponyville" is the clear runner-up.

Season Four:

"Rainbow Falls," and there are about four runners-up. xD  I really liked season four.

Season Five:

"Tanks for the Memories"; "Rarity Investigates" and "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" being next in line.

Season 1 - Best Night Ever

Season 2 - Hurricane Fluttershy

Season 3 - Wonderbolts Academy/Sleepless in Ponyville

Season 4 - Testing Testing 123

Season 5 - Rarity Investigates

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: Party of One

• One of the few season 1 episodes that I can go back to time and time again. S1 in all honestly has not aged gracefully as the later seasons, but it just goes to show how far we've come in such a short amount of time :pinkie:!

Season 2: Lesson Zero

• Another classic S2 episode that I absolutely adore! This episode really cemented Meghan McCarthy's place as the writer who makes ponies go crazy :P!

Season 3: Sleepless in Ponyville

• This was Corey Powell's debut episode, and what a fantastic way to begin her foray into ponies. We were introduced to Princess Luna being a guide and mentor figure for the CMC and it was the 1st time we got to see Scootalove in all its glory  :wub:

Season 4: Testing Testing 1,2,3

• Amy Keating Rogers constantly puts out masterpiece after masterpiece! I'm a little sad that she's gone, but I have full faith that she will do just fine at Disney. The constant back and forth between Dash and Twi just seemed so "real" to me. Lots of funny scenes and the moral was something that we could all relate to B).  

Season 5: Amending Fences

• This episode is the reason why we love and respect M.A. Larson so much! Season 5 was full of stand-out episodes so it was really difficult to narrow it down to just 1 choice. Very rarely will you find a cartoon that can put together a story so deep and compelling with a throwaway line from an episode that aired 5 years prior  :o
  • Brohoof 2

1: Friendship is Magic Part 1 & 2

It's where it all started!

2: Look Before You Sleep

RariJack!  :pinkie:

3: Sleepless in Ponyville

I love the relationship that is made between Scoots and RD, and Scootaloo is best pony

4: Pinkie Pride

I love the songs!

5: Slice of Life

My overall favorite episode. I love they way there is not much Mane 6 time, and I love background ponies

• Brohoof 1

It's been quite a while since I've seen any of these episodes, but based on what I remember, these are my favourite episodes of each season:

Season 1: The Best Night Ever, for its clever parody of fairy tale stories and how simple it is compared to most finales.

Season 2: The Return of Harmony, for both the high stakes and how great of a villain Discord is.

Season 3: Wonderbolts Academy, for having my most favourite portrayal of RD in the series.

Season 4: Testing Testing 1, 2, 3, for how it talks about that there is more than one way to learn something.

Season 5: The Cutie Map, for both Starlight Glimmer and the overall creepy atmosphere.

• Brohoof 2

season 1: Sonic Rainboom, as it was the first big Rainbow Dash episode I saw and I still love it. 

Season 2: Luna Eclipsed.

Season 3: Wonderbolts Academy - WONDERBOLTS

Season 4: Rainbow Falls - so much Soarin!! I love this episode to bits, but I also really like Testing Testing 1,2,3.

Season 5: Tanks for the Memories- its the first episode to make me cry, and I loved it so much that I was inspired to write a fimfic from it too, but I also liked Rarity Investigates a lot too.

^^; eh heh I think there's a pattern here........ Dashie and Wonderbolts......I'm not obsessed *scrunch face* 

Season 1- Sonic Rainboom

Best episode by far... Just my opinion. Anyways, I thought it was really funny and had a great lesson.

Season 2- Canterlot Wedding

I thought Chrysalis was a great villain, and the plot was amazing. I also liked the song.

Season 3- Magical Mystery Cure

I have my reasons, k?

Season 4- Twilights Kingdom

I liked the twilight/Tirek fight scene. It shows that the show isn't only friendship and rainbows. It was also very interesting.

Season 5- Cutie Remark

It was a great plot, and I also liked some of the alternate realms.

Season 1: The Best Night Ever.

It was very hard to choose this over Griffon the Brush-Off and Sonic Rainboom, but it had a wonderful lesson that was reached through fine storytelling and brilliant songs. A perfect episode and still my favorite season finale.

Season 2: Hurricane Fluttershy.

It deeply touched me and helped me understand Fluttershy in a way I never had before. Great premise, great execution, a deeply sad glimpse into Fluttershy's mind, and an inspiring ending where she conquers her fears--one of them, at least.

Season 3: Sleepless in Ponyville.

There were only a handful of episodes I liked that season, but this is as good as anything they've done. Scootaloo's best episode ever. Her rapport with Rainbow Dash is really heartwarming.

Season 4: Pinkie Apple Pie.

Pure sweetness that just beats out Leap of Faith. This road trip brings Applejack and Pinkie Pie closer together in a convincing way that is true to both their characters, and I would put "Apples to the Core" in the top five songs of the series.

Season 5: NOT HAPPENING. It is seriously not possible for me to choose between The Cutie Map, Bloom and Gloom, and Amending Fences!  :pinkie:  By themselves, they are worth the cost of the entire DVD set when it comes out.

• Brohoof 1

S1 - "Winter Wrap-Up": This was a crucial episode for establishing Twilight's character early in the series, specifically her trait of curiosity. It also established Ponyville's character, the differences between it and the rest of Equestria, as well as the natural rules of the world of Equestria and its dependence on ponies as stewards of nature, as Twilight found her role among the new town.

S2 - "Hurricane Fluttershy": A favorite of mine for the message (every little bit counts), the visuals, and especially Rainbow Dash's character growth. This is one of the first times in the series in which she actually shows patience and proves to be a great leader and motivator.

S3 - "Sleepless in Ponyville": Although the exact question of Scootaloo's family situation was dodged, it's established that she doesn't have a big sister figure in her life like her close friends. It also shows that's exactly what she needs when she tries to hide her vulnerability by pretending to be "cool". Continuing her growth from "Hurricane Fluttershy", Rainbow Dash shows the patience, understanding, and commitment it takes to be a responsible and inspirational big sister figure to Scootaloo, which is better late than never considering Scootaloo was the last Crusader to have gotten a focus episode.

S4 - "Pinkie Pride": Weird Al's unmistakable style in his guest role was only the beginning. Amy Keating Rogers wrote an amazing script and collaborated with Daniel Ingram on music to create what is probably one of the most fun and entertaining executions of the "Always Someone Better" plot in a kids' show. It's one of my favorite plots because of how the main character in said episode, who is used to positive reinforcement and having a clear role among friends, is forced into humility and reconsideration of their own self-worth when someone else with the same motivations and talents (but better) impresses everyone. MLP is squarely within its element when it explores a familiar concept with its own characters and signature story style, and it didn't fall short here, taking full advantage of everything the episode had going for it.

S5 - "Amending Fences": At first, I found it hard to get excited about this episode, but upon rewatching it, I really enjoyed it more. The way the episode is storyboarded frames it in a manner almost like a stage play. While I was averse to the idea of Moondancer being another Twilight foil and attributing her lack of satisfaction with her own life to Twilight alone, what really worked the best about this character is how much of an opposite to not only Twilight, but most of the main and even secondary characters of the show she is. Whereas the main characters of the show are role models of personal growth, motivation, aspiration, and success, Moondancer is an example of what happens if you have none of these things; the kind of person you become when you are directionless and unmotivated in your life and hostile towards others. This sort of flip side is not often seen, nor do we often see a character in need of redemption who isn't an outright villain. The episode did suffer from a clumsy setup and didn't explore every facet of the moral that it possibly could have, but was subtle and realistic enough to be worth more than its flaws.

I'd give a close second to "The Cutie Map" in Season 5 for bringing a much-needed shake-up to the two-parter formula, as well as framing the individuality vs conformity issue in an entirely unique, educated, and entertaining context.

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm, that's a tough one

Season 1:

-Episode 1-26

Season 2:

-Episode 1-26

Season 3:

-Episode 1-13

Season 4:

-Episode 1-26

Season 5:

-Episode 1-26

I like all episodes, some mayby more then others, but I don't hate any episode but don't have favourites either.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Season 1Friendship Is Magic Part 1 & Part 2

Season 2The Return of Harmony Part 1 & Part 2

Season 3Magical Mystery Cure

Season 4Twilight's Kingdom Part 1 & Part 2

Season 5The Cutie Remark Part 1 & Part 2

Best Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Best Generation: 4

Best Season: 4

Best Episode: Twilight's Kingdom Part 1 & Part 2

Edited by Auditormadness9

My favorite episodes from each season would have to be:

Season 1: The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Season 2: Lesson Zero

Season 3: Too Many Pinkie Pies

Season 4: It's a tie between Pinkie Pride and Twilight's Kingdom. 

Season 5: Crusaders of the Lost Mark

Edited by Dynamo Pad