Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you wear a watch?

Member Berry

For me it's the opposite, Army taught me to always have a watch/timepiece on me if not on my non-dominant hand then attached or looped onto my gear.

I don't remember the specific model but I have a Casio G-Shock I always wear. It has some useful features like water resistantance up to a depth of 200m and a button to light up the display when it's dark out for a few moments.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Warith said:

For me it's the opposite, Army taught me to always have a watch/timepiece on me if not on my non-dominant hand then attached or looped onto my gear.

I don't remember the specific model but I have a Casio G-Shock I always wear. It has some useful features like water resistantance up to a depth of 200m and a button to light up the display when it's dark out for a few moments.

Yea I was a tweek working on SONAR gear all the time. They tend not to want you to have anything that could snag on electronics. some techs would take their watch on and off. I just resorted to a key fob watch or cell phone. 

• Brohoof 2

I do not generally wear a watch but I am required to wear one during my school days. It's white with silver accents and I really like it.

Fun fact: I didn't learn how to properly tell time until high school.

• Brohoof 1

I used to wear one religiously until about five years ago. And you could tell because I would have a pale line on my wrist in the summer.  But since then I just look at my cell phone for the time. 

I did wear a watch in high school, but I didn't wear one for a long time afterwards, but I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 back in March, and I wear it every time I go out. It's much easier to look at our wrist than pull your phone out anyway.

7 hours ago, Venomous said:

I do not generally wear a watch but I am required to wear one during my school days.

That seems like an odd requirement.

Edited by Vulon Bii

12 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

I did wear a watch in high school, but I didn't wear one for a long time afterwards, but I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 back in March, and I wear it every time I go out. It's much easier to look at our wrist than pull your phone out anyway.

That seems like an odd requirement.

I am going to vet school and vets are required to always wear a watch with a second hand. This is because many of the methods we use for taking vitals call for its use. 

Only at work. I've seen some REALLY cool ones recently that makes me think of them more as a fashion statement, though. Still not sure I'd shell out the money for them. It's too easy to pull out a phone to check the time these days :ooh:

15 hours ago, Meeps said:

I've seen some REALLY cool ones recently that makes me think of them more as a fashion statement, though.

Some watches are definitely used as a statement - Rolex for instance. Crazy pricing haha

21 hours ago, Royce said:

Some watches are definitely used as a statement - Rolex for instance. Crazy pricing haha

I saw yesterday that said coworker browses kickstarter for his, still typically hundreds of dollars, but much more affordable than Rolex, I think xD

I try to avoid buying too many things that'll give me gut rot if I break or lose them, so I think Im going to hold off for now!:please:

Haven't worn a watch since I got my first mobile phone - once I could look at that for time, it didn't seem worthwhile to carry a second device just to tell the time.

That said though, I picked up the opposite the other day - a cheap smartwatch that takes a sim and can make phone calls - so that may become my "backup" mobile device, especially if I am going out in good weather and don't want to have to carry a full sized smartphone.

I used to wear watches when I was younger but they often made my wrist feel very constricted, which caused a lot of worries. Been using phones and laptops for the time ever since, as they're much easier to handle and have more than one singular use.

I usually wear watches, because I just don't want to pull out my phone just to check the time. I'm right-handed and I wear watches on my right wrist. I have a cousin in the Philippines who is left-handed and wears a watch on her left wrist. It depends on where you feel more comfortable wearing a watch.

• Brohoof 1