Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you wear a watch?

Member Berry

I wear my granddad's old watch constantly. An over-40-year-old Swiss watch, it is, and given to my granddad by his employer as an belated bribe to stop him from quitting and going to a more accommodating workplace.

Normally watches chafe my wrist and feel heavy, but this one's so light that I can't even feel it most of the time.

Edited by Duality

On 22/8/2017 at 4:34 PM, Meeps said:

I try to avoid buying too many things that'll give me gut rot if I break or lose them, so I think Im going to hold off for now!

I wouldn't really go for a Rolex myself, but that is mainly because it seems to be the most popular choice among my peers, haha.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

yes I do wear a watch, at my work we're not allowed to check our phones out, plus there aren't any clocks anywhere to check the time, so I wear one fairly often :3 also I wear it as wrist jewelry or accessory usually as I like to look nice :3

IMG_20170914_001045.jpg

I do; an Apple Watch series 2 and I treasure this thing unlike any other digital watch I have had. It's pretty much a daily, all-day piece of my attire, and admittedly, I've thought about getting another watch for my other wrist.

Am I crazy? D:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but only at work. Having to fumble around for my phone ever time I want to check the time is annoying.

• 1 month later...
On 17/9/2017 at 6:20 PM, PathfinderCS said:

I do; an Apple Watch series 2 and I treasure this thing unlike any other digital watch I have had. It's pretty much a daily, all-day piece of my attire, and admittedly, I've thought about getting another watch for my other wrist.

Am I crazy? D:

Nope, it's a good watch, isn't it?

Nope. My smartphone.

I feel like in the next ten years watches will go the way of the record player or other phased out technology. Even smart watches are having trouble catching on. They're an expensive luxury to most, and many clash with smartphones that can do what the smart watch can do but better. Why do you need to carry two things that do the same thing, one of which might chafe your wrist?

Unless you are in a place where you're not allowed to whip out even a simple flip phone and there's no time devices somewhere (I'm not going to say wall clock or other clock cause a lot of devices have clocks in them nowadays), a just watch is becoming unnecessary

Edited by Lektra Bolt

I wear a watch when I'm out in public and stuff. The watch was my grandpa's before he got a new one, so he gave me his old one. It's the kind of watch that talks and can tell you the time by simply pressing a button on the side of the watch. I like to use the talking feature when I'm in a rush or just feel to lazy to read the face! The only problems I'v had with it is that sometimes it gets "Possessed" and starts to spam out the time over and over again for minutes on end, and no turning off the talking feature doesn't work because it has the power to turn itself on and off when it goes berserk, so I usually have to shut it in a drawer until it calms back down. :wacko:  

• 1 month later...

No I don't ever wear a watch. I carry my phone around so that's what I use to check the time. Watches make my wrists itchy for some reason. :P Same with bracelets. I just feel uncomfortable wearing anything on my wrists.:wacko:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

A watch is the only thing I wear that comes close to jewelry. It's not pretty or flashy, just utilitarian, but it does the job. I don't like phones and I wouldn't want to rummage through my pockets to yank one out when I can simply turn my wrist. Sometimes I like to check the time discreetly and using a phone would not be discreet.

21 minutes ago, Narcissus said:

A watch is the only thing I wear that comes close to jewelry. It's not pretty or flashy, just utilitarian, but it does the job. I don't like phones and I wouldn't want to rummage through my pockets to yank one out when I can simply turn my wrist. Sometimes I like to check the time discreetly and using a phone would not be discreet.

I have a watch that is also a phone, so that is a borderline thing (I don't wear it often though; it is more for when I don't want to have to carry a full sized phone around with me but still want the benefits of having a cameraphone)

• Brohoof 1