Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Weather Thread

Sunlight

I like it HOT. I want to feel the heat in my bones. I want the heat to hurt. 

I don't mind thunderstorms though because they make it cozy to be inside. I don't like them so much at night because they make the power go out and my fan shuts off. I can't sleep without a noisy fan by my bed.  :pout:

• Brohoof 3

You would think I would be a meteorologist as much as I talk about the weather, but to be honest I was terrible in meteorology (too much math and boring stuff IIRC). I like observing the weather, but only the basic level of its science is interesting to me.

I live for cool/chilly/cold weather and cloudy/misty conditions, or even better snow/ice/freezing rain. If it's sunny and/or any warmer than the 50s/60s Fahrenheit I don't want anything to do with what they call "outside". But if it's snowing/sleeting/freezing raining I will be outside the instant it starts. =P I still remember when a friend and I got in trouble in high school for going outside for lunch when it was sleeting (seriously, that was dumb. I was in the marching band, and I'm pretty sure we marched in MUCH more dangerous weather than that). I love the sound of sleet. Freezing rain is fun, too. Especially that one year where we got a severe freezing rain storm with lightning and thunder and it was so weird going to bed to that, hearing rain and thunder but knowing it was in the upper 20s and freezing on everything. (It got pretty bad there in the end, it canceled by finals of my first semester of college)

Okay... That seemed like the biggest cluster of a paragraph I've ever typed. Geez. >.<

On the flip side? Well, of course I can not stand warm/hot weather. I think we all get that by now. BUT what I REALLY hate is severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. They terrify me. Yet everyone where I live is crazy and talks about how they don't take cover and go outside and watch like nothing is happening. Tornadoes have demolished towns in my state. Perhaps the only things more terrifying are earthquakes and hurricanes. They say that this attitude defines people of my state... Well, I think that just proves I have no place in this state. Send me up to the North/Northeast please? T.T

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy the rain. It's just so tranquil to look at as well as listen to. I also like thunderstorms! A lot of people hate that sort of weather, but I welcome it!

• Brohoof 1

You know what I like, Twisty

giphy.gif

Oh yeah, you know what I like :P

Me? I totally love the rain, lightning storms which are my favorite. I literally drop what I'm doing, grab my camera, and shoot some bolts as soon as the storm begins. I just can't get enough of them.

I also love tornadoes and my 2nd personal favorite: Supercells.

I also have a strange love for clouds. Arcus cloud being one of the coolest. But hay, a cool Pony like myself needs cool awesome weather to satisfy my awesome epic life. Life just wouldn't be the same without a bolt of lightning, 4x hotter than the sun's surface, making an awesome and totally epic strike towards the planets skin.

Booya, Bro /)

• Brohoof 1

My favourite kind of weather is rainy weather, but I don't get to experience it often because I live in the driest state of my country. I just love how relaxing rain really is and how beneficial it is to so many things.

My favourite weather is without a doubt the snowy one.

There is something going for the snow that no other weather of any kind can match, no matter how hard it tries. Also, I like cold weather as a whole to begin with, so points for snow.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Late spring air, light breeze, clear sky, sunny, rich forest scent, not too hot or too cold. Beautiful.

As someone who has lived in North Dakota for over 5 years, I HATE snow. And I'm not too fond of rain, either. In the ideal scene I described I can feel happy, confident, and wear nice clothes without feeling uncomfortable.

Everything else is just miserable to me (even summer).

Edited by GeekySonic

Strangely enough I like it when it's cold, I guess it's because then I get an excuse to wear my normal getup: blue jeans and a hoodie. It's kind of weird because there are people who beg for snow to go away and there are people who beg for snow, i'm one of the people who begs for snow, but in a few years global warming is probably going to kill off snow in my area.

By the way, if you're a weather geek like me, you should check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/honkytonkblood

I love the cool weather. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Breezy, the leaves are changing colors. I love spring rains though. Thunderstorms, rain that falls in sheets. I love the smell. And if it's grey and gloomy out I get to stay in with tea, a book or movie and cuddle up in bed. The best.

I don't like rain. I don't like clouds (well, not a sky covered with them).

I do like snow if it is to be cold. To me, the cold is useless if there's no snow.

Ideally, I like a clear blue sky and a high of 80°F.

I actually enjoy the intensity of severe weather. Nothing like a rush from a black wall cloud with sirens blaring and blinding rain. Just a few days back I was caught outside with a few pals when a funnel cloud was forming overhead. What a rush!

• Brohoof 1

I love the weather and all science that surrounds it. I'm hardwired, #legit. // Hell, my OC's name comes from Project Stormfury.  :catface: The weather is beautiful. From a desert's wind-driven sand and aridity, to a serene snowflake.  :fluttershy:

I like rain.

I like the Sound of Rain, i like the sudden darkness that comes with the Rain and when it Rains, the Weather actually cools down a little.

But i dont like Thunder, they are to loud for me and i get scared sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

I believe weather is so interesting! There's so much science behind it, it's fascinating! 

I, personally, enjoy all weather. I do have two favorites, though:

I love it when it's pouring rain, with insane thunder and lighting. So exciting! I also enjoy warm weather, when you can wear shorts and tank tops, and you go out with friends and have a good time! :D

• Brohoof 1

Weather is my second name. I am really interested into meteorology. My interest started in july 2000 after a tornado hit my village. My favorite weather is mild sunny weather like currently here in germany. But I also like snow or a thunderstorms (as long as nobody get hurt). I am also a storm chaser. 

Greetings, weatherlies!

I hope you don't mind, but I've changed the topic of this thread to more accurately represent the material within; now more folks who like weather might check this out sooner.

Otherwise, feel free to continue!

... OH!  And I like those overcast, crisp (but not cold) and breezy days - the ones that feel like it's about to rain, but it doesn't quite ever start.  NIGHTS in that kind of weather can be really soothing, especially when the ground has a layer of snow on it to muffle sound - it's so peaceful.

(Just figured I'd contribute too!)