Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Been Admitted To The Hospital?

Venomous

When  I sliced my hand and needed stiches

When I banged my head and needed stitches

When I got hit by a car

When I feel on the floor as a baby

Several times I had asthma attacks and allergic reactions to carrots and hay

When I had a seizure

When I sliced my finger almost off and needed some stiches and reattachment

When I got in a car crash that nearly killed me/sent me in a coma

When I had suicidal thoughts in Decemberish of 2015

When I started coughing up blood 2 weeks ago (?)

(edited)

One time i thought I was extremely dehydrated, so I drank a shitload of water. Later, I found myself in the ER, dying because of water intoxication. Now that I think about it, its a really stupid way to end up in the hospital.

2 months ago, I was having extreme headaches, so I took Tylenol combined with Advil. Ended up in the ER. Again.

Sometimes, I come up with the most idiotic choices  :P

Well, I also had appendicitis back in '08 so I had a surgery. Couldn't walk for 2 days.

Edited by EmberDash

I've had four surgeries:

One for a broken wrist and three for ingrown toenails... The broken wrist sounds cooler though.

Getting ingrown toenails removed is awful.

Have you ever been admitted to the hospital? If so, why?

I died.

Seriously, I was actually, factually dead. Heart stopped and everything. I had gotten run over by an 18-wheeler, wrapped around the rear axle, and plowed into a ditch. I was under the thing for about two hours, and my heart stopped during the ambulance ride on my way to the ER. I was dead for three minutes.

And then all of the numerous additional surgeries and stuff, too. But those aren't as immediately fascinating as "I died".

A few times I remember. When I was a baby I had my tonsils removed and back in 2009. In 2009, I was sick but, my dad called the ambulance when I fell down the stairs and was unresponsive for a moment or two.

While I was in the hospital I found out I was WAY sicker then I thought. I had swine flu, pneumonia, and a bunch of other nasty shit. My dad had told me that they didn't think I was gonna make it at first and almost put me on life support. Three weeks in the hospital, 2 months recovering back at home.

Surprisingly, I have been in a hospital just once when I fainted in our kitchen and probably hit my head in the process too. My mom was frightened about me fainting so suddenly and even more about the fact that I was apparently twitching while I was unconscious. She first took me to the health center where we had to wait for quite many hours before an ambulance came and took us to the hospital. I had to stay there for a night (and tolerate an awful lot of syringes) before the diagnosis came - it was just orthostatic hypotension. 

(edited)

I broke my collar bone when I was three, I used to try and climb things :P

I had to have my appendix removed when I was about five. Five is actually really young to have appendicitis, I'm just an odd one. 

When I was about seven I went swimming with a summer holidays kids club thing. There was a boy there with behavioral problems and he threw a bottle and it hit me in the eye. I had a massive black eye that summer :( They made me go up the hospital for X-rays in case I broke a bone or something. Nothing was broken, I just had a black eye.

I had to have my tonsils removed when I was about nine. I had to go back into hospital a couple of days after being sent home too as I had post tonsillectomy bleeding.

I had a seizure about three years ago (my first seizure) so they gave me loads of tests to make sure everything was okay. Everything was fine. The doctors put it down to the heat as we were having a heat wave. I'm always a bit worried I'll have another.

I was also in hospital two weeks ago as I had my wisdom teeth (and four other teeth) removed. They kept me in overnight as they were worried my gums would bleed due to my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Yeah, my health sucks :P

Edited by Kayleigh

Admitted once for spinal surgery when I was in my early teens. Doctor insisted that my case of scoliosis should get fixed or a 50 degree curvature would be the least of my problems. I agreed but I had to stay much longer because I lost so much blood from the procedure that I would've been declared dead if it weren't for some timely blood transfusions. I stayed in the intensive care unit for about a week and another week in a regular room. 

Funny thing is, I nearly got into a car accident on the way home from the hospital when a driver ran a red light and nearly hit me. I thought my back would rip wide open when I came to an abrupt stop. 

Oy I forgot. Like @@Emiko Gale, I've spent some time in a mental hospital.

That was the WORST two months of my life. Not that it was bad or anything, the people were nice and all.

It was just sooooooooooooo damn boring...

I was on 3mg of risperidone which made me feel like a zombie plus being stuck in a room for two month is just.... blah...

No words could describe the sheer boredom I was going through.

On the plus side, in my "spare" time, I managed to watch the entire George Lopez series and Code Geass.

Getting ingrown toenails removed is awful.

It hurts sticking two needles in my toe and then watching them cut my toe open. And then there's the healing time.

I cringe just thinking about it! 

• Brohoof 1

Someone drove into me while I was riding my 50ccm bike to work.i luckely dindt get hurt and my bike only had some minor scratches.

They checked my out at the hospitel and then I drove home with the same bike.

(edited)

At the age of 13 I chugged the entire bottle of old white wine I found in the early afternoon (it was sealed so I thought meh why not. Stupid kids, eh?), was quite sober, went out with friends to go mess around in the city, we visited some shopping mall to check things out and when we entered it I just felt like my body was shutting down. I went out to get some fresh air without any words and as soon as I exited the mall through the back exit I collapsed. I remember having a still white vision until I woke up in the hospital bed strapped onto bunch of... stuff. My parents and family got there in shock just 5 minutes as I woke up, and then I went unconscious again.

Turned out the wine was poisoned and old. I don't know what was happening to me the entire day as I was unconscious, nor how long I've been unconscious, but they told me if they found me a bit later I'd probably be done... and I regret they did, but that's a long present story.

Edited by ILikeNightmares

On 5/12/2016 at 8:00 PM, Captain Doubloon said:

So far, no I haven't. I've yet to have the pleasure of dining on hospital food. :P

When I was admitted to the hospital in the next town over, the food was actually... really good. Like, I wanted seconds!

• Brohoof 1

Thrice:

1994: Jumped on the bed, fell off, and broke my elbow clean. Stayed in the hospital for several hours and dozed off during the visit.

2000: Suffered a photosensitive seizure after playing video games for too long.

2005: Sprained my ankle badly while vacationing in Boston. Went to the hospital soon after returning because the swelling wouldn't go away and I couldn't walk. (X-rays negative, thankfully.)

• Brohoof 1

Had a two-day stay once and the care was was worse than the problem. They wouldn't let me eat (and yeah, I was so hungry I would have devoured hospital food!) because I had passed out before arriving, they didn't know what was wrong and wanted to do a cat scan. After I opted out of that, they still wouldn't let me eat because of a clerical error in my charts.  

It was ultimately determined (by random guess, roll of the dice, whatever) that I had bronchial pneumonia. The variety of symptoms apparently confused the crack team of medical professionals but they made that their 'official' diagnosis. But even now no one can tell me why my hands seized up or why it fried all my short-term memory.   :derp:

• Brohoof 1

My brother threw a rock at my head in 2009. It punctured my skin right next to my left eye. I've got a small scar that looks like a tiny dent in my head. That's it I think. I've put my brother in the hospital.

The first time I was admitted was because of a swollen appendix, it started going down an hour before the surgery so they called it off. Next was when I took a chunk out of the back of my head on a bolt sticking out of a slide. After that was a broken arm from a hit and run on a pushbike. After that was for head injuries from a motorcycle crash, and finally my last time was fractures in my arm from another motorbike crash.

I'm not a very lucky person :P

(edited)

As far as i remember, i was two times in a Hospital.

The first one was an ear surgery as a kid, because my ears seemed to big, in their position there were in, so they changed it, so that no one would bully me anymore. ( have no idea how you would call this in english )

Didnt really work, because they bullied me mostly because of my hair color anyway.

I didnt even wanted the surgery back then, but..yeah whatever.

The second time i went into a hospital was because of an pneumonia ( is that the right word? At least google translate tells me. ). Also i had food poisoning.

That was it, i think.

Edited by Supergirl Rarity

I have been admitted to the hospital multiple times. 

A few of the different occasions are as follows:

1) I've broken my foot

2) I had a Hernia surgery when I was little

3) I once kicked a power line when I was younger and that required me to get quite a few stitches in my left foot.