Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SEGA interested in Sonic/MLP crossover.

Slashy

(edited)

Ewww....no thanks, it just sounds like a horrific idea that can easily backfire.

If anything, we need a proper Mario and Sonic crossover, none of that olympics garbage

EDIT: I'd also be for Megaman/Capcom, if the Archie comics are anything to go by

DOUBLE EDIT: God fucking dammit EQD has this posted now

Edited by Optimus Prime
  • Brohoof 6

If that happens, it will lower both franchises reputations all the way to the bottom of the floor.

Sonic 06, Equestria Girls, IDW Comics, Sonic Boom

How is this a bad idea? Both fandoms eat shit and ask for more. As a marketer, the rivalry with the two fandoms will only drive up attention and curiosity. It would probably have a positive effect on sales.

I'm actually curious as to how this'll play out.  I happen to be a fan of both, so this'll be nice.  SEGA has a knack for experiments for the blue blur, and it'll be interesting how this plays out.

I know a lot of hate is going to come out of the Sonic fandom, no doubt.   :scots:

No, please no.

This benefits no one. Sega's Sonic franchise is at the bottom of its life. This crossover is just Sega hoping to stick it to something "popular" right now to try and salvage it. It's a stupid idea, and Sega is known for tons of low quality crap at this point. I don't really foresee them making a quality product, no, I more see them piggybacking off of something doing better than their dying brand to get success.

Sonic 06, Equestria Girls, IDW Comics, Sonic Boom

Comparing Sonic Boom and Sonic 06 to Equestria Girls and the IDW comics isn't even in the same ball park.

Considering despite how many people INSIST that Equestria Girls is "terrible", the ratings and sales say otherwise.  Whereas Sonic 06 has fairly low scores across the board, and did not sell well. Sonic Boom did even worse than that.

So really, the two are not even remotely comparable. Sega's all time low with Sonic is far lower. As for the IDW comics, they are a mixed bag at best. People just love to hate the Equestria Girls movies, even though they clearly secretly enjoy them given the ratings, and revenue they rack in.

(edited)

No, please no.

This benefits no one. Sega's Sonic franchise is at the bottom of its life. This crossover is just Sega hoping to stick it to something "popular" right now to try and salvage it. It's a stupid idea, and Sega is known for tons of low quality crap at this point. I don't really foresee them making a quality product, no, I more see them piggybacking off of something doing better than their dying brand to get success.

Even if Sonic was a top tier franchise, a crossover with MLP just sounds like a terrible idea and the only reason the idea is so persistent is because they both have a fast blue character. There's just better and more interesting crossover ideas for both franchises

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Ewww....no thanks, it just sounds like a horrific idea that can easily backfire.

If anything, we need a proper Mario and Sonic crossover, none of that olympics garbage

EDIT: I'd also be for Megaman/Capcom, if the Archie comics are anything to go by

We need batman v superman for mario and sonic

except a video game

and not fucking stupid

• Brohoof 2

You know, I've been wanting an actual MLP game for a while now, but I wasn't really thinking of a Sonic crossover for one...

I'm very, very, very doubtful this would ever happen, but if it did I'd be willing to give it a shot. I love MLP and I've still got enough goodwill towards Sonic even now, it could be fun. Or awful, but I won't jump to conclusions, even the weirdest of ideas can turn out good.

You have to admit though, the idea of zooming around Equestria at super speed...sounds kinda fun, though you could easily do that in a game with just Dash, still.

No, please no.

This benefits no one. Sega's Sonic franchise is at the bottom of its life. This crossover is just Sega hoping to stick it to something "popular" right now to try and salvage it. It's a stupid idea, and Sega is known for tons of low quality crap at this point. 

Honestly, the best thing for Sega would be to stop promising various publishers games and having to either cut their production team in half, work without the publisher's development kit, or push the game out ahead of schedule to line up with promotional material.

Sonic 06 was pushed early and the production team was cut so part of the team could honor an agreement to bring a Sonic game to the Wii (Sonic 06 was supposed to be on the Wii, but the vastly underpowered Nintendo hardware couldn't handle it, so instead of bringing Sonic 06 to the Wii, the production team was cut in two so the schism could make Sonic and the Secret Rings so there was a Sonic title on the Wii.

Guess what?  Sonic Boom did the EXACT SAME THING.  Sonic Boom was supposed to be made multiplatform, and the team started working on a generic developer kit estimating the power of the next gen consoles.  When Sonic Team got their hands on the Wii U it turned out vastly underpowered to the developer kit.  This meant that Sonic Team couldn't easily port Sonic Boom to the Wii U like agreed upon.  Instead of splitting their team (they learned from Sonic 06), they worked with the developers of the game engine used to create a "patch" to make Sonic Boom work on a Wii U.  However, instead of adjusting their development schedule and pushing the release date due to this mistake, Sega decided to launch the game early to help promote the cartoon.

Sega just needs to realize that all Sonic fans want is a Sonic game with tight controls, colorful graphics, upbeat music, minimal load times, and fast gameplay.  We don't need a gimmick with shooter combat, or a complex storyline involving chaos gods or sun gods or time travel, or a lycanthropic hedgehog, or a ton of characters.  Just give us a game where Robotnik is causing trouble on some non-descript island with various climates and terrains and Sonic does battle against Robotnik and his robotic army using fast-paced platforming.

Even if Sonic was a top tier franchise, a crossover with MLP just sounds like a terrible idea and the only reason the idea is so persistent is because they both have a fast blue character. There's just better and more interesting crossover ideas

* emphasis mine

/thread

• Brohoof 1

Given the sad sorry state of both Sega and the Sonic franchise in general at this point, I'd rather have them stay as far away as possible from everything else. I hate to say it, since they both once held a lot of respect, but Sega seem to have reached the stage where they would do almost anything in order to try and stay relevant. I just can't trust them anymore.

Besides, they're not exactly what I'd call a perfect fit. I guess Dash and Sonic hold somewhat similar characteristics, but so do plenty of other characters from other franchises as well. The Sonic Boom cartoon is nothing but fan-pandering, inside jokes and general cheap comedy. Alright, FiM has its share of that too, but it's not like the entire show is built around it. The creative heads behind both franchises are just too different to match.

So nope, gotta say that this one would be better left in the minds of fanfic writers. I'm happy if they can get enjoyment out of it, but bringing it into an official light would just be... daft.

Even if Sonic was a top tier franchise, a crossover with MLP just sounds like a terrible idea and the only reason the idea is so persistent is because they both have a fast blue character. There's just better and more interesting crossover ideas

Remember this? This would have been a far better crossover.

499485__safe_pinkie+pie_edit_op+is+a+duc

542935__safe_rainbow+dash_animated_surpr

The Sonic nerd inside of me is screaming with delight at the concept. But, I highly doubt that any such product would be received well. Unless... maybe in the comic books...?

It's the highlight of the Sonic franchise for me, but I don't read the MLP comics. So, not sure how that would work out. Oh well, I can dream. :P

• Brohoof 1

SaburoDaimando preemptively demonstrated the idea in a nutshell:

Dude.  I did that just to troll both Sonic and My Little Pony fans.  Already, their tears were tasting just like orange juice.

And personally, I'd rather MLP cross over with Marvel/Star Wars/Disney/Transformers before Sonic.

Jeez, such negative feels for Sonic franchise

Am I the only one who likes Sonicverse? (Shadow, Silver, Chao, Honey, Scourge, Espio, etc.?)

It's mostly because Sega is known for low quality lately. Sonic 06 burned us all, and just when we were getting ready to forgive it... Sonic Boom happened. It's hard not to be skeptical of a franchise that releases crap, then mediocrity then more crap. Between Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom there was a lot of mediocre crap with a decent title or two between.

Being a Sonic fan with an IQ above 50 nowadays is like being in an abusive relationship.

It's mostly because Sega is known for low quality lately. Sonic 06 burned us all, and just when we were getting ready to forgive it... Sonic Boom happened. It's hard not to be skeptical of a franchise that releases crap, then mediocrity then more crap. Between Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom there was a lot of mediocre crap with a decent title or two between.

I'd argue since Shadow the Hedgehog