Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do/Have You Ever Binge Watched MLP?

Nightfall Veilwing

I plan on watching all 129 MLP episodes and all 3 Equestria Girls movies.
I haven't seen all episodes. In fact, I need to catch up on a season or 2. And I haven't seen Rainbow Rocks yet. So, I will be watching episodes I've already seen.
I've calculated how long it would take me to watch all of this. It'll take me a little over 2 days to watch all of this. Since the 130th episode isn't coming till sometime in August, I'll have plenty of time. :D
Would you do this, too? :P

• Brohoof 6

@@Millennium Shadow

Because this thread is discussing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in a non-direct manner, I have gone ahead and moved it to Sugarcube Corner. Also, I have edited the title of thread to give it more proper context.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

I usually Binge MLP, like 20 episodes in one sitting or so. :D Some times less, and sometimes more, but in the summer I have loads of time, sometimes during the school year too, but only like 4 or 5 episodes daily, but that will probably change when I got to high school... :(

• Brohoof 1

Yeah.  I once watched all 4 seasons and the first Equestria Girls movie before I watched the 2nd Equestria Girls movie.

Sometime in January, I'm gonna binge watch all 6 seasons and the 4 Equestria Girls movie once more in preparation for what may be the 7th Season and the MLP Movie.

• Brohoof 2

The first time I ever watched it I binge watched the first 4 seasons but i don't actively binge watch it... I should probably rewatch it and will probably do binge watching if I do so however.

• Brohoof 1

Oh sure.  That was how I watched seasons 1-4.  I discovered the show just as Twi's Kingdom was airing.  I actually then waited until S4 was out on disc, then I watched the whole series.  Then I started watching as they aired at the beginning of S5.  Honestly, if it was just me, and there was no fandom, I'd only binge watch.  I'd rather wait until they come out on disc and watch all at once.  But I love the forums, and even if you stay out of show discussion entirely, it's almost impossible to avoid spoilers, and I really like being here for the party and reviewing the episodes as they air.

I binged watched it the first time I got into the series, and then one time after, I binged all the seasons, except for 5 and 6.

I don't really have the motivation or interest to binge the show anymore, as I've passed that "intro" stage of being amazed by the show, and I don't even rewatch episodes anymore, either.

Back when I was first getting into the show during the break between A Friend in Deed and Putting Your Hoof Down, I binged watched every episode from the very first one to the last one released at the time on youtube.

Back when I first discovered the series back in 2012, I binge watched the 1st and 2nd season in a span of a week. I was still in college and that week was leading up to the season 2 finale (which at the time was the biggest MLP event yet). 

Nowadays, i'll catch the new episodes every Saturday when they air. I've seen every episode as well as the 3 EQG films. Perhaps one day in the future i'll marathon everything in 1 go (assuming I don't get pony overload  :-o).  

I'm one of those new 2015 bronies :P When I first watched it, I binged watched the whole first season. I'm not a huge binge-watcher, so I don't binge very much.

When I watched 'Winter Wrap Up' episode and got hooked to MLP then... I've watched 4 seasons, Equestria Girls (~10 times) and Rainbow Rocks (~10 times) in about two weeks.  :P

Good times...  :D

• Brohoof 1

Depending on how you define "binge watch" every time a season comes out on DVD I buy it up and watch at least an episode a day. Which is more than I watch it usually since I have no form of television broadcast to watch it on.

It really isn't the best way to get the most out of each episode...
But it sure is fun while you are doing it.  

I binged the first 30 episodes back when that is all there were over a period of about two weeks.  That was plenty fast enough for me.  

Then, when I introduced it to my sister, she insisted on watching them all ASAP, so we watched all 52 episodes over one week.  

But when I introduced it to some kids of my friends, I typically limited our sessions to 2-3 episodes.  The reason being, I came over to hang out, not to watch TV.  so I wanted to chat about the episodes, or do whatever else we wanted to do.  

It honestly doesn't sound fun to spend an entire day bringing the series by myself.  It is just too long, and I've already seen all the episodes that I like 3+ times.  But if I had someone to watch with, that changes the equation quite a bit.  Especially if it's someone that spends lots of time with me anyways, and this isn't going to be 100% of our time together.

(edited)

I marathoned all of season one that had already aired when I first started watching the show (like 20 episodes? I do not remember, that was five years ago lol) but have not done so since, since I keep up with it now.

Edited by Envy

I ALWAYS binge. I don't have access to watching the episodes when they air, and I hate waiting week to week for the next episode. I binge everything because I'm inpatient and can't wait a week to see a new episode XD I usually wait until the whole season is over and then watch it all at once :)

Weirdly enough I have only ever watched about 7 episodes in a row at most. however, me and a friend did watch 5 hours of fan videos in celebration of the season 3 finale essentially. That was an interesting night.

I ALWAYS binge. I don't have access to watching the episodes when they air, and I hate waiting week to week for the next episode. I binge everything because I'm inpatient and can't wait a week to see a new episode XD I usually wait until the whole season is over and then watch it all at once :)

you're so impatient...that you wait for the whole season to end to watch it?

that is EPIC impatience! XD

• Brohoof 1