Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What kind of content do we want for season 7?

FlareGun45

1. Chrysalis does not reform and we never see her again. I kinda want MLP to explore new villians rather than use one for a 3rd time. Also I would rather prefer if Chrysalis stayed unreformed. 

2. A real wonderbolt problem. Now that RD is a wonderbolt I really want to see her do wonderbolt things. I mean if the wonderbolt is supposed to be the military or at least air force division of the military. We have gotten very little depth about what threats Equestria faces that would warrant the need for a military. And what threats we have gotten, any form of military Equestria had was useless to solve it. This needs to be fixed. Also I liked Newbie Dash...

3. A way for the Rainbow forms to be useless outside of magic depletion. It felt weird that the excuse that the mane six could not defeat the changelings was because of Chrysalis throne shenanigans. It would be interesting if they did a thing like in Bionicle where the power of their rainbow forms diminishes the further they are apart from one another. It would form a nice challenge in the season 7 finale that each member of the mane 6 would have to find their way back home to save ponyville and reunite under one hoof to defeat the villain.

4. Spike giving up on Rarity. I agree this needs to happen.

5. Rainbow Dash performing a double rainboom  Moar shipping.

6. Another Gryphonstone episode. I need more Gabby!

7. Pinkie Pie having character development. Because it seems all the writers do for her now is LULZ RANDOM

8. Scootaloo's parents. (I've already accepted we'll never see Applejack's but the show writers said Scoots has parents so here's hoping!)

9. A school dance organized by Diamond Tiara. Would make a lovely shipping episode for the CMC. Buttons x Sweetiebelle FOREVER!

10. A Celestia episode. Yes of course.

A Spike/CMC episode

That right there! it would be awesome to have Spike and the cmc working together on something

That would however reduce the impact both the premiere and finale have. While more two-parters would be nice to tell more elaborate stories, the premiere and finale need to feel special. Also, we don't need that elaborate plots to enjoy an episode. In fact, I think many a brony's favourite episode is not a two-parter.

I agree 100%for the princesses part. I want more love for them and feel that it would do the show much good to have its princesses in the limelight for once instead of just standing there to look pretty. :sunbutt:

I mean seaosn 1 ended on a sweet slife of life story that had been built up. and no magic duenx Ex machine in sight. 

Edited by BlinkZ

well unless somepony beat me to it a batpony episode honestly, a new pony coming to town for the cmc to welcome or something like that I could see happing along with a zebra episode. Zaccora cant be the only one can she?

just not another Alicorn plese is all I ask :/ im not bashing them but its starting to be turned into a super sayin thing im half expecting granny smith to sprout a horn and wings honestly but that's just a gripe

Actually maybe an origin episode on luna and celstia (pre nightmare moon obviously) on weather if they were born alicorns or turned into them later on in life.

More Scootaloo episodes. It is likely she has parents, as she has a house, unless somehow she finds a way to pay for it, which is very doubtful as she doesn't have a job xD

More Starlight Glimmer, giving her new roles, and staying with the mane six.

A new season arc, which we haven't had since season 4 (5 didn't really except for Starlight).

A princess Celestia episode as well, focused on mainly her. Maybe a Luna one too, but we haven't had Sunbutt. She seems like a good character to do it for.

FlutterDash or LyraBon. Just kidding, that would never happen, but I would love it to. They would have a lot of issues exploring that territory, and why do it just because some random bronies want it to?

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 1

I mean seaosn 1 ended on a sweet slife of life story that had been built up. and no magic duenx Ex machine in sight. 

Yeah, and that's why it was so underwhelming and forgettable.

FlutterDash or LyraBon. Just kidding, that would never happen, but I would love it to. They would have a lot of issues exploring that territory, and why do it just because some random bronies want it to?

Dude. The Fandom. Hey dude. Dude.

On another note, I'd love a Pinkie Pie episode dealing with rejection. She can't deal with it at all, and that development needs to happen.

• Brohoof 1

depending on your tastes, underwhelming is fair, but you're just being mean by calling it forgettable.  

it was a dynamic episode with unique moments for the whole cast and a very memorable song.

Are you saying you can't remember "at the gala"?  Because I think that says more about your memory than the quality of the show.  

• Brohoof 1

New mythological creatures.

If we get Lamiaponies, i will be happy for the rest of my life. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

OK, I took the bait and am making my own list of wants and things I just don't care too much about.

1. More exploring of the land of Equestria. And I don't mean Fillydelphia or Trottingham.... sure they are new places, but a city is a city is a city. I want to see Yakyakistan, or maybe areas outside of the dragon lands. Lands beyond the Everfree forest... places that make me believe this is it's own fantasy universe and not just a bunch horse puns to make people chuckle. Lets head out to Saddle Arabia and maybe have a Arabian Nights inspired tale... one of the lesser known ones... there were a 1001 of them. 1000 more than just Aladdin.

2. CMC + Discord. Yes the comics did it, but I really want to see it here to. Discord is the mischievous spirit of chaos but at his sneaky little manipulative heart he is a spoiled brat... and a big kid... pairing him up with kids is a no brainer. Plus, I think they can honestly teach him something about himself that he may not even realize he is searching for. Also, I have seen it mentioned, that the CMCs had a hand in waking up Discord earlier than he might normally have, whether that is true or not, they were certainly present during the intial cracking of stone... and for all we know their squabbling might have pushed it over the edge. I think of this as coming full circle.

3. Little Strongheart. Bring her back... she is adorable. There is room for another western themed episode and she would fit right in.

4. Flutterbat. I honestly just want to see a sort of Universal Monsters type of episode in some fashion, and she really fits right into that. Plus making Fluttershy feel menacing needs a revisit.

5. A real Wonderbolts mission episode... not just an episode with them in it. I know the history, now let's see them in action! I want to see RD as a member of the team doing something that makes us see they are not just a bunch of stunt flyers that hang around in Cloudsdale... doing stunts.

6. Some new antagonists. Just new baddie blood in general. They don't have to be over the top evil or anything, but truly unapologetic antagonists in the vein of Lightning Dust, Flim and Flam, etc...

7. Revisit Nightmare Moon. No they don't need to turn Luna back evil, or do anything of the sort... but I would love to see her old prison visited, and see what kind of residual magic is still floating around. We also have the dangling plot of the pony of Shadows to consider... I have my own personal ideas fan-fiction wise i suppose, but I would like to see this revisited in some forms.

8.  The Princesses. A historical episode. I am all for giving Celestia some limelight as well as Luna.... but I kinda want to get more lore around the to be honest more than anything else. I have a hard time making an episode in my head for them current day that would truly work in the context of the show, but OMG the lore!!!! So much potential and stuff waiting to be unearthed.

9. Big Mac adventure. I want this. Make it happen.

10. More Maud, Trixie, Nightglider, Octavia, Dj Pon3, Cheerilee, etc... some of my favorite characters... I would be a liar if I said I did not want more of them. This leads into...

11. Another town specific episode. The last one was great.. not serious or too hard to think about, just simple witty and fun.

12. A Dragon episode without Gargle. Please no more Gargle...

13. Hey! Remember there are 8 magical items created by some unicorn named Meadowbrook right? Isn't it about time we got to see some of them? Or are we saving them for the film? Maybe we are... maybe we aren't. I have my suspicions.

14. The Umbra. if they are even a thing in the cartoon and not just a comic device.

15. Let's finally see Zecora's homeland and some more Zebras. I know I am not the only one wanting this.

16.  And the #1 thing I want to see the return of... the Mane 6 working together as group and not just pairing off to do errands for a goof ball map. Seriously, I hate that thing and the way it works. They just need to revamp it or remove it. If it went away i would be so happy I would not even question it. Unless it summoned all of them more often, then I would forgive it.

How about introducing other tribes that exist out there. So far we've seen dragons, yaks, griffins, and one zebra. How about bringing those deer from the Everfree Forest that were seen in the comics? What about Tirek's tribe?

hahaha! what ou want a big boss bottle to last more then five mintues every single time?  it bad enough they avhe this hait of having a 5 minutes wrap up..hell the EqG movies have a 7 minute wrap up concusion.

And yet that "underwhelming/forgettable" finale is still The least controversial finale by far and one of the most beloved episodes in the series

As some might say, "Less is More"

Edited by T-SPARKS

7. Revisit Nightmare Moon. No they don't need to turn Luna back evil, or do anything of the sort... but I would love to see her old prison visited, and see what kind of residual magic is still floating around.

Yes, That would be awesome. I believe Nightmare Moon is still there. Maybe banished to the shadow world or something like that.

Also another villain. I hope Chrysalis doesn't come back in season 7, but does in season 8 or something (With Tirek)

Another Rara episode. A Celestia or Celestia and Luna episode. More Discord, Thorax and Changelings and Ember episodes.

Explore the past of Equestria and the alicorn.

(This made I up: 

http://fav.me/dalas10 )

Edited by Hierok

• 2 weeks later...

I like how episodes such as Slice of Life and Amending Fences had background ponies given some screentime and personalities. More of this in season 7 would be nice.

Also, I enjoyed Slice of Life’s self aware humour like Sweetie Belle’s commenting on how the mane six will probably save the day by solving a friendship problem within a half hour.

Edited by Screaming Shaggy
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Bumping this post, because since we're getting closer to the new season, I wanna see more opinions!

Number one thing I want still is Babs and Manehattan CMCs episode! I'd also like Lightning Dust and Wind Rider to team-up still, but if that gets postponed, I'd understand! Keep doing with Spike what they have been doing with him in season 7 - be awesome in his episodes, and have him bond with more characters that doesn't involve Twilight and Rarity! We know his relationships with those two, I wanna see more explored! Maybe something that gets connected to his future destiny or something! I also see Scorpan being possible still, but maybe he'll appear in the finale!