Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who loves paper books?

Shattered Ice

I love them too.  I like the fact that you don't have to charge their batteries up or worry a lot about them getting stolen.  I had a E-reader but I kept on using books anyways, I guess I'm just old fashioned.

• Brohoof 1

I love the smell and feel of books, I think some of the oldest and most important things to me are my books.  I especially enjoy collecting how to draw books.  I could spend all day(and all my money) in a bookstore.  This one time I was shopping at a book store, carrying a large stack of books when this one woman came by to see how I was doing.  I had to look at her from one of the sides of my stack she pretty much said, "Hi!  Just checking if you need any he- ah, you seem to have things well in hand, nevermind*chuckles*"  Yeah, I'm a bit of a bibliophile...

• Brohoof 5

Paperback & hardback book nerd here. I could not imagine a life without books.

I have no interest in reading them digitally on any device... and am not a huge fan of audio books for the most part. I usually try to read for at least a half hour before bed every night if not longer.

• Brohoof 1

I've got plenty of paper books in my closet that I've had for over twenty years in a lot of cases, and they still have maintained a decent condition. Sure, they may not be as pristine as they once were, but I'd never get rid of them for anything since they were part of my childhood--not to mention getting them in their original copies is ridiculously expensive.

• Brohoof 1

Oh heck yes I do. I gave ebooks a chance, but there's something missing in the experience of reading the book on an ebook reader rather than a physical copy. Its kind of like playing on a real SNES versus playing an emulator. Hypothetically it should be the same experience, but it's not. At any rate, my ebook reader can't power up anymore anyways and I'm back to reading real books.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

There is definitely something about actual books versus their e-book counterparts. The texture, smell, and even the sight of seeing a shelf of books.  :idea:

Paperbacks, hardcovers, they're both wonderful. I much prefer reading from them rather than reading an ebook. No need to worry about charging up a device, turning it on, and getting a headache from eye strain. :)

• Brohoof 2

I don't mind to read e-books, especially scientific ones which I need to read couple chapters and then never open it again.

But I LOVE PAPER BOOKS. My life is bound with them tightly. Library was my favorite place to miss the school and bookstore was my first real job.

I adore how new books smell like typographic ink and old ones smell like very special paper dust. I have big bookshelf where I store my books. I'm afraid I'll never read some of them again, but I love how they look like.  :-P

sig-4771464.large.jpg

And moar:

0598a6f33bb1edcc3671fd647fb035e6.jpg

Edited by Sqweeepty
  • Brohoof 2

I love books! I have shelves and shelves full of books! But I'm not a ebook hater, I also own a Kindle and I love reading it while I'm on the bus. Sometimes it's just lighter and takes up less space in my backpack so I don't need to worry about carrying that extra weight on my shoulders.

I also really like the scent of old books. It grew on me while borrowing old books from the library when I was a kid :please: I honestly think that I own more books than shirts, haha!

As much as I love paper books, it wasn't until I made the switch to an e-reader that I got to really appreciate how far we've come. Thanks to my Kindle, I can set the font size to however large I want it to be. No more squinting for me! Plus, it's very thin and lightweight so I have no trouble carrying with me wherever I go. I'm sure Twilight would disagree with me though since I know how much she loves her physical books  :-P.

• Brohoof 2

As much as I love paper books, it wasn't until I made the switch to an e-reader that I got to really appreciate how far we've come. Thanks to my Kindle, I can set the font size to however large I want it to be. No more squinting for me! Plus, it's very thin and lightweight so I have no trouble carrying with me wherever I go. I'm sure Twilight would disagree with me though since I know how much she loves her physical books  :-P.

That is quite a fair point. One point to thee!

I used to think "books only", but I was really glad I had a Kindle when I read Frank Herbert's Dune. It's a great read, but carrying it (hardcover) with me all around uni, with the rest of my stuff, just to read it on a train would be too much.

It's also a pain to carry all those when you move. Now I only buy physical when there's some added value, like illustrations, maps or there's particularly interesting edition.

Plus lately it's been all about audiobooks to me. Since I'm not commuting by train and walk to work I can just listen to them. Which is great, because besides that I don't have to much time to actually read. That's a real life saver for me.

• Brohoof 1