Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Spoiled Rich REALLY love her husband?

FlareGun45

Because I strongly doubt it! I only think she married him for his wealth. I mean I dunno what Filthy Rich sees in her anyway. We all know how she treated Diamond Tiara, and Filthy Rich should know it! For a rich guy, pony Filthy Rich is really nice, and he deserves better than Spoiled MILK! He should divorce her!

• Brohoof 2

I don't think so.

Her character is totally one of those stuck up elitist gold diggers.

However given that for the most part, pony Filthy Rich is portrayed as somewhat of a decent guy, I wonder if he was able to see something in her that we the audience haven't seen yet.

• Brohoof 3

She's a gold digger. Gold diggers only love one thing, and that's money.

So, no.

Besides, there's not really any evidence to suggest that they're still married. We haven't seen them together in any way.

Unfortunately, this is a show for kids, so I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll touch on or make canon Spoiled having just married Filthy for the money without actually having any feelings at all for him.

I personally find her being a bitch who doesn't care one bit about Filthy a logical and good headcanon that works very well, but its one of those things that I doubt they'll ever actually even approach in the series, much like how they'll never explore the idea of twilight outliving her friends as an alicorn.

I'm pretty sure she doesnt... she has made it pretty clear that she only wants him for his money. The way she was bragging about it in front of everyone and how she acts around him shows no affection towards him at all, which is kinda sad because I think Filthy Rich does like her 

which is kinda sad because I think Filthy Rich does like her 

Yes ! I agree and that really make me sad for him, I mean, okay they're not real people but they make me think of people I know who live the same thing, without noticeing it of course...but I see it, and I'm sad for them, so I know he deserve better
  • Brohoof 1

Yes ! I agree and that really make me sad for him, I mean, okay they're not real people but they make me think of people I know who live the same thing, without noticeing it of course...but I see it, and I'm sad for them, so I know he deserve better

yeah I'm the same way because this might be just a show but I've seen some cases like this in real life and it really sucks >.< 

I highly doubt it. She's the epitome of a gold-digger, marrying Filthy Rich because of his wealth. Given the way she treats Diamond Tiara, I wouldn't be surprised if thinks the same of Filthy.

yeah I'm the same way because this might be just a show but I've seen some cases like this in real life and it really sucks >.< 

Another way in which MLP sometimes hauntingly imitates the world around us in disturbing and subtle ways. I know some like to see that world as nothing but hugs and happy go round... but sometimes it is just not so.

But no, as has been said above by many others, she loves BEING rich, not Filthy Rich. If he was named Dirt Poor, I don't think she would have allowed herself to be named Spoiled Poor instead.

• Brohoof 1

Another way in which MLP sometimes hauntingly imitates the world around us in disturbing and subtle ways. I know some like to see that world as nothing but hugs and happy go round... but sometimes it is just not so.

But no, as has been said above by many others, she loves BEING rich, not Filthy Rich. If he was named Dirt Poor, I don't think she would have allowed herself to be named Spoiled Poor instead.

Yeah I agree with you and I have to say that the last part made me laugh so much XD 

• Brohoof 1

I dunno about the legitimacy of their love, but they both seem a little bit egomaniacal.

I think the real question is how Filthy Rich is able to put up with her. What did he find in her that would make her a suitable candidate for a wife? Was she a frequent customer, was she an old friend, was she possibly a nextdoor neighbor he got along with? Whatever the case, this is a pretty awkward topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really. I just think she's using him for his wealth and status. (you can clearly see it in "Where the Apple Lies" when Granny Smith is warning Filthy NOT to cut ties with the Apple Family)

(go to 1:13 of the video to see what I mean :P)

Filthy Rich on the other hand seems to be a nice pony who makes a profit by doing business with the apples :fluttershy:

Edited by SolarFlare13

much like how they'll never explore the idea of twilight outliving her friends as an alicorn

Well the reason they won't touch on it is because the creators explicitly stated Twilight WON'T outlive her friends. Unless you're saying that they made that the canon because they couldn't do otherwise?

I was actually talking about this with my friend on the phone the other night.

Personally, I don't think we have enough info on Spoiled to make a definitive call. Her being a gold digger in a loveless marriage is just as much a headcanon as anything else.

PERSONALLY, I see her as a nasty and incredibly flawed pony, but not a monster. I think she probably does care about Filthy and Diamond, but was raised with a very "look out for number one" mentality. In her head, you have to be climbing the social ladder, rubbing shoulders with the "right" ponies, making sure you're on top AT ALL TIMES, because anything less makes you a failure. That's what she tries to impart on Diamond, because what else is she going to teach her if she knows nothing else?

A lot of real life parents like that. Try to teach lessons they think will get the kid ahead in life, accidentally make them unhappy and resentful in the process. But most of those parents you would hesitate to call EVIL, or even bad in general. Just plain "stupid" at the very worst.

I told my friend on the phone that if I was in charge of the show, I'd slip in a background event during some kind of disaster in Ponyville of Diamond in trouble and Spoiled galloping in, picking her up, and then galloping off to safety. I think that encapsulates what I think their family is like; dysfunctional but there for each other when things are dire.

Hopefully my thoughts are coming across. It's 5:30am and I haven't slept a wink. Just stressed and thinking about stuff less pleasant than pony family dynamics.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

I know I'm going to catch crap for saying this but I'll give you my perspective based on my dating experience, people I've know how are married like that, and talking to and "being with" women you would swear are gold diggers First, I would not have a problem at all if she marrried for his wealth. Why? Cause most women in general, especially the most beautiful ones, marry men who are either extreme alpha males or are already rich. All the women I've talked to that are married to rich guys will tell me straight up that they were attracted to his wealth because it's a sign of security for her and if they have kids they will have a brighter future. That makes complete sense to me. The most beautiful women want to marry someone that is or has signs of becoming very successful. I can't dog on them for that. That's why I've met 20 something year old women , who are drop dead gorgeous, marry these 70 or 80 year old doctors, lawyers, or accountants. Now are they gold diggers, yes by all means. But I can't blame them on that, Most guys want to get the most beautiful women they can at whatever stairs they are at and if they can get them, good on them. I can tell you that as soon as word got around that I bought a Mercedes Benz, a lot of the daughters of lawyers and doctors started paying attention to me and yeah I casually dated them. Most were pretty nice but I never let them get to my wallet.

Now I have to also say that most of the women I met like that were very nice and loved their husbands to death cause they respected them if the husband was the alpha in the house. If her husband was a beta or weak male with a lot of money, she admired to marrying for money but was unhappy and they were most likely to have affairs and want to divorce him. Now I can't say what kind of relationship Filthy and his wife have but if she's stuck with him this long she must really love and respect him based on how he acts at home when we don't see him. If she was a gold digger that didn't love him then she would have done what I've seen countless times. Marry him for a few years, divorce him and take half his money in alimony and would have tried to marry another rich colt while she was young and still had her looks. So if she's with him this long and had a kid, I believe she really loves him.

As far as the treatment of Diamond Tiara. There seems to be a conflict of parenting. Remember how Filthy made her participatewith the other fillies after she made fun of Granny Smith for being old? Clearly he respects others and is trying to teach her a lesson there, but her mother is instilling this sense of entitlement. My guess is she is wanting Diamond Tiara to marry upward to wealth like she did and wants her to act like people of wealth act to someday attract a wealthy stallion when she's older. Can't dog on her for that really. Who would want their child to go from a life of luxury to scraping and struggling to make a living? I wouldn't. Now unfortunately, this attitude Diamond Tiara is getting is making her spoiled and angry. I'm guessing her mother should tone down the entitlement attitude cause I can tell you right now that most rich guys will not put up with an attitude like that and it's a big red flag to stay away from women like that. Unless she gets a little cuck beta male with money then may do the same thing as stated above.

Just my opinion based on hard life experience. Like it or not, don't care but that's the real world we live in.

Here's a possibility, mayhaps the pair didn't have a choice in the matter  due to some kinda family agreement engaging the pair. And while Spoiled is just being a flat out Gold Digging Bitch, Filthy is actually trying to make their "marriage" work  But we as the viewers can plainly see, Spoiled is not "married" to Filthy but rather to his money