Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your perfect sleeping conditions

I prefer my own bed or floor with enough room to curl, stretch and run marathons in. I'm really sensitive to sounds, touch, anything when I'm trying to sleep... so the duvet can't be too soft or too textured and the quilt has to be light. There has to be some sort of outside sound as well; not all the time but just enough to know there's life outside lol. The room has to be pretty dark, too. No hall lights coming through the door or streetlights. 

When I go to visit friends, unless I know the friend well enough and their hygiene is to my standards I can't get a decent nights sleep. I can start a boxing match with myself if I'm really uncomfortable as well, so it's just easier to either sleep in a separate bed or somewhere away from theirs. I used to sleep in a University friend's bed with her and I slept well in it, but she had a habit of waking me up with her sleep talking and walking... that bed was good tho...:love:

/High maintenance sleeper :please:

As long I got a bed and some blanket, I'm cool. 

I like to have stormy conditions outside because it makes me feel cozy snuggling up in my blankets and pretending I'm a fox in her den. I also like to have an electric fan by my bed because I can't sleep without some degree of white noise. Now, if I can pick absolutely any place or scenario, I'd have to consider floating in an airtight bubble out in space, or a treehouse suspended in a palm tree over a crashing surf. (With all the proper luxurious appointments, of course!) :proud:

• Brohoof 4

So long as I have a bed, a small dark room, it being around 70 F, and I'm tired... that's really all I need. Though the sound of floor fans set to high relaxes me, I even tend to fall asleep on the floor in front of them. Sadly I don't own one anymore.

Give me some memory foam, lots of blankets, a bit of ambient light, an open window with a cool breeze, and optionally some smooth jazz and I'll be set.

A comfortable bed with good support in a pitch black room with a window open and ideally a therapeutic storm in the background along with my fan blowing at me on the low setting. I unconditionally need to have my fan running. Even in the winter I run it I just turn it away from me. The ambient noise is very soothing.

Any bed fullsize or bigger, and completely black and quiet. Even the fan on low is too much noise for me to sleep, or a crack of light is too bright.

(edited)

I've found out over the years I can sleep pretty much anywhere as long as it's not rock-solid. I once fell asleep on the stairs while waiting for someone. :blink:

Edited by Blood Moon

On 5/12/2017 at 3:09 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I also like to have an electric fan by my bed because I can't sleep without some degree of white noise

^ This

Otherwise i like it to be cool to cold, snuggled up in a mound of pillows and blankets. I used to have a real issue with falling out of bed when i was a kid, even leading to some minor injuries, to combat it I ended up having lots of pillows. So even today, I love having a lot of pillows on the bed. <3 

I also love the sound of the ocean and waves crashing... so given a chance I would sleep almost anywhere near the ocean.

(edited)

Youtube/TV/Anime playing softly in the background from the desk beside my bed.

also at least  5 pillows o_o , I just feel safer with more pillows...I don't really know why .-. 

Edited by Vulcan

Mine personally would be on a harder mattress that normal with a soft pillow under some blankets with a fan at full speed blowing and it pouring down rain outside.

• 2 weeks later...

I must have a cold room with a small light on and a blanket is a must. I cannot be hot while sleeping or else I will not be able to sleep. I must also have my cat with me to sleep. :)

My perfect night would be like this. 

A blustery cold night and a heavy rain. My room would be very cold. So I could wear my favorite sweatshirt. I would have a California king bed with a mattress that you just sink in just to the point you think it will be impossible to get back out but you can still move around comfortably. 

I would have a set of super soft cotton sheets and a thick heavy quilt. Pillows as gentle as clouds but super supportive. 

And I would have the whole bed to myself. 

• 3 weeks later...

I like sleeping with the windows open on cold night and my Relax and Sleep app going with the 'howling wind' 'thunder' and 'rainstorm' sounds overlaid.I want it cold as I can possibly stand it, comforter, cozzy cold pillows , and then I have to have some low volume noise in the background. Then I'll sleep about 16 hours straight. If any of those change I'll sleep about 45 minutes 

(edited)

1. A somewhat soft bed, but still firm enough to work for me. Bed I have now is too firm for me.

2. A temperature where I'd be comfortable sleeping naked in a blanket. Maybe something like 70 or so, can't really say a number.

3. Maybe a little bit of light, but not much. I get anxious in the dark. Could call it a fear. But I can't sleep with a TV on or anything.

4. With a comfy man pillow  (Would be fine enough without... right...? RIGHT?)

If the first isn't met, it could be enough to cause insomnia, or me to wake up an hour or two earlier.

If the second isn't met, it's okay but it's a little less comfortable. May take me longer to sleep.

If the third isn't met, I will go insane with fear and it will take me almost an hour to go to sleep.

If the fourth isn't met, well, it isn't.  (After all, I really don't need it... I don't need it... I really don't...)

Edited by Barik the Luigineer