Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What episodes are you worried about?

CastletonSnob

Well I have yet to indulge myself in any spoilers since I like to wait til all the episodes are out and watch em all at once in a crazy pony marathon.... BUT I am just generally worried that the loose ends from season 5's Crusaders of the Lost Mark will continue to be left unattended. Diamond Tiara is FINALLY no longer a one-note stereotypical bitchy school bully character; she has so much plot potential when paired up with the CMC. I need to see them explore her insecurities around the CMC as she is no doubt still riddled with guilt after all those years of shit she put them through. They are giving Starlight Glimmer a hella spotlight atm and going through her mental issues in depth. I was so satisfied with the amount of focus she got in season 6, but why is Diamond Tiara being neglected to such an extent?

Other than that, I am worried that the buildup to the "final showdown" with Chrysalis will be too sudden instead of properly built up. I don't want it happening at the end of season 7 or 8 with a snap of the fingers. They need satisfying plotlines leading up to this encounter.

A Royal Problem mixes something people really want to see with lots of things they don't want to see with tons of room for error 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The one thing I don't want is writing out Starlight Glimmer too soon when her character arc is evolving from the Season 6 Finale and Season 7 Premier.

I'd like to see her go down even more paths, like befriending another Earth Pony and two Pegasi this becoming the new Mane 6.  And besides that, there should be more that would flesh her out even more, including...

a: Starlight and her Mane 6 taking on a new villain(Grogar anyone?)

b: Starlight's rematch with Queen Chrysalis

c: At least one round between Starlight and Tirek

d: Her friends serving their roles with their own Elements of Harmony

e: And at the end of it all, Starlight creating a new magic, resulting in her becoming the 6th Alicorn Princess.  Perhaps the Princess of Hope.

Okay, so I'm over exaggerating.  But still, I want to see her fleshed out into more of a memorable character for the next season or two.

Edited by SaburoDaimando

48 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Which of the upcoming S7 episodes are you most worried about, if any?

The "starlight switches Celestia and luna's cutie marks" episode.
We FINALLY get a Sunbutt episode and its getting stolen by Glimmer >:(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't say I'm looking forward to "Honest Apple," simply based on the weak track record of Rarity + Applejack episodes in the past. I almost never enjoy them, and that's entirely because I simply think their dynamic is awful, so I'm dreading this newest one. 

"A Royal Problem" could go very badly, but at the same time I shouldn't resent it too much for not being what I want, and there's also a chance of it going really well. Still... Starlight getting herself into trouble because of magic misuse feels kinda like it's been done already, no? And I've never found it all that funny. 

"Fame and Misfortune" threatens to devolve into some sort of petty squabbling, and the premise just seems dumb, but it's hard to guess what the humour or conflict will be at this point. I can imagine a really fun episode coming from that.

"Triple Threat," not so much. Just seems highly likely to involve a lot of secondhand embarrassment. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

One thing I want is only one more to NO MORE Crusaders episodes for the rest of the season. They're already hogging the show with three episodes in a row.

9 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

The "starlight switches Celestia and luna's cutie marks" episode.
We FINALLY get a Sunbutt episode and its getting stolen by Glimmer >:(

A Royal Problem is my biggest worry, too, but "stolen by Starlight" isn't why.

My biggest worry is more to do with the way Celestia and Luna are portrayed. The synopsis states that they don't "appreciate" one another. That strikes as out of character for both of them, especially Celestia: The lack of appreciation is what turned Luna into Night Mare Moon in the first place. If they're both out of character here, then the continuity leading up to this episode is disregarded. I hope that's not true.

• Brohoof 2

A Royal Problem is the only episode that I am worried about so far, as it could back to the whole shtick of Starlight using powerful mind controlling magic on ponies without their consent, and not face any consequences for her actions whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

Perfect Pear. It may be a milestone episode and how they address the Apple parents fate will go a long way in how I will ultimately view this episode. It could be the Apple Family's best episode, or it's worst. 

Personally, I am hoping they continue the subtle method of grazing the difficult question or their ultimate fate similar to what we saw with Scootaloo recently. I would prefer that we just spend 16 minutes getting to know AJ's folks as characters with 6 minutes of setup and reaction. 

I'm not really worried by any synopsis; personally. I just want to enjoy the episodes as they come and if any are below my expectations; so be it. :P

There's actually not much that I worry about, except for the finale. One thing I wish for is that it is properly executed and that it involves Chrysalis and her revenge that doesn't include just herself and/or a new Changeling army she bred up. If there's anything I hope for, it's a very satisfying plot that provides at least a bit of a backstory behind the Changelings' existence and the stealthy nature in the S6 finale that people have been questioning (basically the "how did they capture all 5 princesses plus several other individuals" debate), and if they actually decide to reform Chrysalis even though she seems preferred as a villain among the many (myself included), then make it as natural as possible so as to not make her redemption come across as too forced to be possible in such a time frame. Like maybe have her replace Starlight Glimmer and cast a spell that turns her into Chrysalis (basically a "body swap"), then have the faker hang out with Starlight's friends and make her slowly realize the error of her ways. And of course this would probably be different from when she disguised as Cadance - that time they treated her as royalty and this time they'd treat her as a friend and actually care about her - although I have no idea what Chrysalis' stance on having friends is.

Either way, I'm hoping they don't botch the finale especially since I'm hyped for it even if it's still long before its existence even shows up.

Hard To Say Anything. Judging by synopsis alone, it could be Hearts And Hooves Day 2.0 at best and a ship-sinking car wreck at worst. (Big Mac as my favorite character isn't helpihg)

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

Perfect Pear. It may be a milestone episode and how they address the Apple parents fate will go a long way in how I will ultimately view this episode. It could be the Apple Family's best episode, or it's worst. 

Personally, I am hoping they continue the subtle method of grazing the difficult question or their ultimate fate similar to what we saw with Scootaloo recently. I would prefer that we just spend 16 minutes getting to know AJ's folks as characters with 6 minutes of setup and reaction. 

It'll be interesting to see if they confirm "they're dead" or not.

Definitely 'A Royal Problem'. We finally get the royal sisters episode we have been dreaming of and it has a high probability of being ruined because Starlight is being wedged in and the overall plot device makes little sense. Since when did the two sisters stop appreciating each other? And why the hell does Starlight have to be involved in their problems? We also will be getting more overpowered Starlight nonsense, the very thing that made me dislike her in the first place.

Not looking forward to that episode at all.

5 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

None of them. Of all the things to worry about in life, a cartoon show does not even make any sort of list for me.

I mean really?

It is entirely valid for people to have concerns for episodes of a show they really like if the episodes sound troublesome.

(edited)

I'm not worried about any episodes, I'm looking forward to all of them. I feel like worrying about an episode or something and going in expecting to dislike it, more than anything will just contribute to disliking it. As if you'll have spent all this time building up negativity in your head and you'll go in actively looking for reasons to dislike the episode and not really giving it a chance like it deserves. Overhyping an episode and expecting the best thing ever also seems to do the same thing.

It's like, if you've built up a dislike towards the episode already, and it doesn't do absolutely everything in it's power to disprove you, even if it's an episode you might have otherwise enjoyed to an extent, you end up hating it more than you would have without those expectations. Same thing with overhype, if it's disappointing when compared to what you had in mind, even if still good, you end up hating it more for not being "Good enough".

Obviously doesn't happen every time, and there's usually at least some valid reasoning to dislike an episode of course, but expectations do have a legitimate effect on how you view the finished product, no matter how unfair that is.

Edited by RareBase

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

It is entirely valid for people to have concerns for episodes of a show they really like if the episodes sound troublesome.

Perhaps. I am not going to say what people can and cannot worry about nor question it. That being said for me personally, I don't see the need to worry or stress about something as trivial as a cartoon show. I mean I love the show a lot, but I take each episode as it comes and just never really worry or wonder about what will happen. It is why I never get up in arms when an episode sucks, I can just laugh it off and wait for the next one.

3 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Perhaps. I am not going to say what people can and cannot worry about nor question it. That being said for me personally, I don't see the need to worry or stress about something as trivial as a cartoon show. I mean I love the show a lot, but I take each episode as it comes and just never really worry or wonder about what will happen. It is why I never get up in arms when an episode sucks, I can just laugh it off and wait for the next one.

Fair enough. I know my anxiety problems tend to make me worry about some episodes more than I should, just a bit too much sometimes.

Episode 15: Triple Threat

Spoiler

Spike accidentally invites Ember and Thorax to Ponyville on the same day. He's sure the two new leaders are not going to get along so he does all he can to keep them apart and cover the fact that the other is there.

That's Princess Spike levels of stupid and I sincerely hope that the issue gets resolved within the first five minutes and the remaining 17 are dedicated to the trio hanging out.

Unlikely though, but we can dream, right?

1 hour ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spike accidentally invites Ember and Thorax to Ponyville on the same day. He's sure the two new leaders are not going to get along so he does all he can to keep them apart and cover the fact that the other is there.

That's Princess Spike levels of stupid and I sincerely hope that the issue gets resolved within the first five minutes and the remaining 17 are dedicated to the trio hanging out.

What makes it worse is that they were doing so well with Spike this season and last. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, RareBase said:

I feel like worrying about an episode or something and going in expecting to dislike it, more than anything will just contribute to disliking it. As if you'll have spent all this time building up negativity in your head and you'll go in actively looking for reasons to dislike the episode and not really giving it a chance like it deserves.

In season 6, I was particularly not looking forward to "28 Pranks Later," due to its similarity in premise to "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well," which is one of my least favourite episodes. I went in nervous, but I actually wound up sort of enjoying it, even if it isn't one I'll go back to. So I don't think preconceptions have that much to do with enjoying an episode, although perhaps some people set the bar for success too high. 

2 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

10 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

What makes it worse is that they were doing so well with Spike this season and last. 

That's just a synopsis, not the episode itself. Alot of people thought some of the season 7 episodes that aired were gonna be bad, and they turned out unexpectingly excellent! I'm pretty sure Triple Threat is gonna turn out pretty awesome, as well as the rest of Spike's episodes this season when they get revealed! I trust the current head-writers! They really know the characters, and they'll make this season great!

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

That's just a synopsis, not the episode itself. Alot of people thought some of the season 7 episodes that aired were gonna be bad, and they turned out unexpectingly excellent! I'm pretty sure Triple Threat is gonna turn out pretty awesome, as well as the rest of Spike's episodes this season when they get revealed! I trust the current head-writers! They really know the characters, and they'll make this season great!

I expected Parental Glideance to be a cringefest, but it was actually a good episode. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I expected Parental Glideance to be a cringefest, but it was actually a good episode. 

Exactly my point there! Triple Threat will be fine!