Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like it if the Princesses ruled our world?

Azureth

They'd be much better and more rational than any human leaders, so sure. The principles of harmony are sorely needed in the real world. The princesses wouldn't be a cure-all, but they would be true champions of justice and liberty.

Humans would realize Celestia n Luna are not gods and they would get assassinated eventually due to alternate religions or people vying for power etc. Humanity would need to be raised from the start with the princesses to really be well adjusted to them and have our cultures more hospitable for them.

But yes of course I would like it, who wouldn't.

Only Cadance ... Twilight doesn't seem to manage day to day affairs and the Sisters have scary AF dark sides. 

Cadance runs a Kingdom and hasn't shown she can go Darth Vader on her subjects. 

• Brohoof 1

No. I would rather each person be its own sovereign, on a basis of conscious comprehension and equality of life.

Having beings of similar nature down on earth, might develop dependency. Which is one of the causes behind the current state of things.

Humanity will solve this on its own, this means growth.

• Brohoof 2

Their style of governing would take some time for us to get used but I'd be willing to choose them over what we have now.

Definitely, we need some princesses up here on planet Earth...

Either Celestia or Luna would be better than any government at the moment....kinda depressing if you think about it

definitely, as long as the resistance isnt too strong, the world would be much more peaceful!
even if the magic doesnt come over, their rule will bring over world peace and more cake!

13 minutes ago, Pixel Dusk said:

definitely, as long as the resistance isnt too strong, the world would be much more peaceful!
even if the magic doesnt come over, their rule will bring over world peace and more cake!

No one would accept them as leaders. Mostly because of the laws and such put into play. Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you? Spending all the taxpayers money on cake. Phh

Depends how exactly they want to rule our would. Its still pretty unclear how they rule Equestria. They take away my gun rights they're going right back through the portal to Equestria.

*Reads yet another tidbit about how terrible a President Donald Trump is, and how incompetent congress is*

Nah...we can trust current leaders to do their job...eventually...or maybe just not.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be just fine with it, though most people would probably cause an uproar so it could potentially become problematic.

A million times no. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if th he y got captured? They can't even hold their own in a country fueled with love and harmony by their own citizens! They would get wrecked on a planet that is ruled by greed and hate, and has chemical and nuclear weapons and firearms at its disposal. 

On 5/25/2017 at 9:42 PM, They call me Loyalty said:

No. I would rather each person be its own sovereign, on a basis of conscious comprehension and equality of life.

Having beings of similar nature down on earth, might develop dependency. Which is one of the causes behind the current state of things.

Humanity will solve this on its own, this means growth.

We haven't "solved it on our own" since the literal beginning.  If anything, we're just making matters worse. 

• 4 months later...

I'd welcome them as rulers, so long as they ruled over humanity fairly and justly.

I'd be more worried for their safety though. Human leadership in most countries have been corrupted by greed, religion, and power, those three things can drive people to do horrible things. So the Princesses would have to be prepared to deal with everything from assassination attempts to threats of terrorism, economic warfare, and nuclear war. In those situations, the princesses wouldn't be able to rely on the magic of friendship since forces like religion and politics have driven deep divides into humanity that have lasted for thousands of years.

They'd be able to rule the Earth, but their job would be fraught with danger.

Here's the thing with ponies. They have absolutely no conniptions when it comes to mind altering, or "reforming spells" as they like to call them. They also got cutie marks and such to manage their populus and nudge them in the direction of jobs and functions they can play in society. 

All I'm saying is if the ponies took over, we may have to be "reformed" and "showed the magic of friendship" before we could be good little citizens.  

• 1 month later...

Alright, I have four questions.

First, what would happen to our existing government? As far as I know, we have quite a strong army, and just 2-4 ponies probably wouldn't stand a chance. I don't think they even know about atomic bombs, which could easily wipe them all out very quickly. If they tried to rule the whole world, they would certainly be stopped.

Second, how would they get here? They know about their human world, but not ours. Without anyone in their world knowing about such a place, it would be pretty much impossible to get there. Plus, even with a "random dimension" spell of some sort, there are probably millions of worlds, making the chance of finding ours such a low chance that it's practically impossible.

Third, would it really promote friendship? A lot of people wouldn't like the princesses and their style of government, and the princesses would probably frown upon our world, and, like Buck Testa said, we may have to be "reformed". If we're don't get reformed, then a war could start, and wars are obviously the opposite of friendship.

Lastly, if they somehow manage to rule our world, how would they control the sun and moon? We've got a much different solar system than theirs, and I doubt they could keep their sun and moon duties in our world...

TL;DR: There would be many problems with their government style in a world like ours, and I doubt the princesses would know how to rule our world without causing chaos.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...