Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Perfect Pear  

221 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• AJ: "Great-Granduncle Chili Pepper can write a better script!" ("HATE IT!" >__<)
    • AJ: "Dear Princess Celestia, I didn't learn a thing!" ("Dislike it!")
    • AJ: "Granny? Did you fall asleep again?" Granny: "Zzzzz" ("…meh…")
    • *Big Mac and AJ sit up proudly like a summer corn stalk* ("Like it!)
    • AJ: *crying on the inside AND outside* ("LOVE IT!" <3)
    • *As Pears and Apples unite under the tree, Bright Mac's and Pear Butter's spirits join with them, singing to the tune of their guitar* ("It's AMAZING!" :D)

(edited)

Note: This episode is scheduled to air on Australia's Boomerang Channel on June 21 at 1:40AM EST, 10:40PM PST.

Title: The Perfect Pear

Air Date (Australia/Boomerang): June 21, 2017, scheduled time 3:40 PM in one of Australia's time zones.
Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): August 5, 12 noon EST

Writer: N/A

Summary: "The Apple Siblings learn about their parent's love story and find out that they're half Pear."

Streams:

https://www.twitch.tv/gohun04

https://www.twitch.tv/aerodactylius

If it does air, and someone uploads it onto DailyMotion and/or YT, I'll link it.

Poll's added! Credit to @Jeric for all but the top and bottom.

DM (early-aired, Standard Def):

Spoiler

DM (Discovery Family, HD):

Spoiler

Edited by Dark Qiviut
HD link!
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

I’m kinda hoping that this will be Applejack’s last important episode EVER, since she’s interacted with every Mane Six pony at least twice, and she doesn’t really have a goal to achieve, like Pinkie.

When we get to Season 8, her screen time is expected to continue to shrink.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

This is suppose to be the episode where William Shatner(Captain Kirk of Star Trek fame) and Felicity Day(Producer of the Guild) guest star.

And yes, I have met William Shatner in person.  In fact, as of now, he is the only guest star I met in person.

• Brohoof 1

I have been anxiously awaiting to see what AppleJack's parents look like. I am very excited to see this episode and I hope that we get some more insight on how else the two impacted her and AppleBloom's life (assuming AppleBloom wasn't an infant when they passed away and she cannot recall). I know that the chances of the writers exploring their death is...little to none but I am still curious as to how it is they passed.

• Brohoof 3

the_apple_family_by_hampshireukbrony-d6g

Years and years of waiting for some backstory on the parents is about to end. Let's do this thing!

• Brohoof 8

William Shatner's voice!!

Goldie Delicious is back!!

Romeo & Juliet, ponified.

Big Mac: SO WE ARE HALF-PEAR?!!

LMAO!!

So, Mrs. Cake's full name's Chiffon Cake! :D

I like it! ^^

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

I'll just wait for a YouTube video like I did with Discordant Harmony today. Goodnight for now!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

That was a beautiful episode

Only real problem I see people having was them not telling us how they passed, but I guess it couldn't really be avoided, but the episode more or less confirmed their fates

Also really nice how we got surprising bits of growth from Mrs Cake and Mayor Mare as well

Edited by The Undefeated of the Weast
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

It was a really cute and emotional episode. I really enjoyed it and it explains why we havent seen Applejack's parents in the show prior to this episode :catface:

Besides "All Bottled Up" and "Rock Solid Friendship", this would have to my favourite episode of the season :lol:

Besides that, we still dont know where Bright Mac and Pear Butter are :o

(...or if they will make another appearance in a future episode...)

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

So, Mrs. Cake's full name's Chiffon Cake! :D

Mrs. Cake's full name is Cup Cake, Chiffon Swirl was her birth given name. MLP canonized legal name changes, which explains a lot of Equestria's weirdest names.

But on to the episode, it was personally my favorite in the entire series. So little margin for error, and they nailed it perfectly. Basically confirming their deaths without treading into risky territory at all. Loads of questions answered, beautiful music as always, a great ending. The episode managed to create such an amazing feeling of connection to the characters. They pulled the whole show closer together. The writing isn't better than most mlp episodes, it's better than most episodes of all my favorite shows.

The name-changing was a nice development I think. DJ-Pon3's name makes more sense now. More importantly, I think this episode has shown more of a commitment to consistent and quality backstory. Hopefully they keep this trend of consistency going, it'll definitely do wonders for the fan-fiction and headcanons which are such a huge part of the fandom.

Edited by digit112
  • Brohoof 8

It is going to be a bit before I can compose the words that I want to say for this episode. This was ... more personal than we expected. Three sets of eyes were ... liquid pride runneth over. The voice work and animation in this, the deft dialog, choices that make the town feel even more connected and alive. That tree. That song. The fact that she told him first. And Bright Mac and Pear Butter ... holy shit. 

This isn't a 5/5 ... this may be my favorite episode period. 

Good job DHX. The wait was worth it. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, SolarFlare13 said:

Besides that, we still dont know where Bright Mac and Pear Butter are :o

They are unfortunately deceased. Every mention of their name was in past tense, and the "Tree to remember them by.", quote was placed at the end for a reason. It the final confirmation to the fans that they are no longer alive, but their memory lives on. 

• Brohoof 18

16 minutes ago, Jeric said:

They are unfortunately deceased. Every mention of their name was in past tense, and the "Tree to remember them by.", quote was placed at the end for a reason. It the final confirmation to the fans that they are no longer alive, but their memory lives on. 

But the thing I don’t get is, Granny Smith and Grand Pear are A LOT older than Bright Mac and Pear Butter. How did they out-lived them? :o 

17 minutes ago, SolarFlare13 said:

But the thing I don’t get is, Granny Smith and Grand Pear are A LOT older than Bright Mac and Pear Butter. How did they out-lived them? :o 

There's tons of ways someone can die early dude.

Anyway here's to you Bright Mac and Pear Butter, Rest Forever here in our hearts. 

• Brohoof 15