Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I've always thought timberwolves were a likely cause since Sweet Apple Acres is very close to Everfree Forest. With so many small children frolicking around now, I'm sure the imagination can come up with the illustration. But that's what I like about it not being confirmed, it's one of the last old secrets from the show that I can wonder about.

The pesky timberwolfs seem like a likely cause

• Brohoof 1

@Jeric I go for this one too :

"This is what I have adopted. Bright Mac and Pear Butter welcome Applebloom and they decided enough is enough and they leave to mend fences with Grand Pear, and have some sort of accident en route, or even on their way home."

And so sorry for your loss Jeric, I didn´t know this before... I do not find words for how deeply I feel for you and yours *hugs tenderly*

Here is at least a song I did after this episode, I really liked their impossible love from the start.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a little farther fetched on this theory than most of you. What I HOPE to see, now thier story has been established is... 

During the apple famine, they went to look for food in the everfree forrest, got caught in some kind of limbo, and eventually get brought back by (twi/star/starswirl). Have some interaction with current apples, learn they aren't needed and retire to another farm/city. As perhaps whatever this limbo has aged them. 

Applebloom finds them accidentally, everyone thinks shes crazy and just misses them. This can be included as canon because they disappear, so "death" is left out, making it appropriate for a younger audience. 

But that's just me

I mean fk there is a magic mirror pool in the evf, why not a strange anomaly or force that can trap whatever falls, or falls maybe through time? :o

In my mind, Bright Mac either had a weak heart and overworked one day, a fatal illness, was in the line of crushing when something collapsed, or he couldn't get out of a house fire in time.

Shortly after his death, Pear Butter, distraught, remembers the family she gave up to be with Bright Mac, or in a different way of putting it, the family she lost.  Now though, she's lost both the family she came from, and the one she gave it all up for, so one day, she randomly collapses, and eventually (hours after) or immediately dies of a broken heart.

After loosing both her parents, Applejack becomes so wrenched up inside with a rollercoaster of emotions going on, that she makes the rash decision of going to Manehatten.
Applebloom is only a few months old at this time.

4 years later, Applebloom is at either preschool or daycare, and Big Mac and Applejack don't know how much longer Granny Smith has left (but we know that 11 years later in present day of the show, she's still going), so AJ and Mac start arguing over who's going to inherit the farm.  Cue the rest of the events of Where the Apple Lies.

Fast forward to present day, where we see Applebloom having grown up never really knowing her parents, and because Applejack and Big Mac are considerably older than her, they, along with and with help from Granny Smith, have filled some of the parental gap in Applebloom's life, while still retaining the kind of connection that occurs between siblings.  However, both Applejack and Big Mac, having known their parents for most of their youth, still ache inside from having lost both parents, and having to watch Applebloom keep growing while never knowing her parents personally.

What if they are captured and are imprisoned somewhere else outside of Equestria? Somewhere that no pony can go to rescue them. 

Perhaps at some point if the show wanted to could do an episode based on it. After all Twilight brought back Starswirl.

On 6/21/2017 at 10:14 PM, Vulcan said:

I don't think they died...I think some calamity happened to place them in some form of stasis,

maybe being petrified into stone while trying to protect baby apple jack or

sent into a void. I dunno....I just don't see Hasbro ever showing actual death in a show...maybe funerals...but not death,

So I'd say some form of stasis is more likely.

They killed Sombra onscreen. And Twilight happily murdered the Pinkie clones onscreen. So yes, they do show death on MLP.

As for my guess as to what happened to them... It was the chimeras near the bayou ponies. That's what got them then.

Will they ever bring them back? Well, I know one way it could actually work. It involves a certain madstallion, his blue box, and a pair of mindless clones too.

On 1/23/2018 at 5:40 AM, Ariel Schnee said:

They killed Sombra onscreen. And Twilight happily murdered the Pinkie clones onscreen. So yes, they do show death on MLP.

I guess I've never really considered them Deaths...Sombra had been a Spirit at that point (As his destruction didn't really include any bits of Flesh...but what appeared to be Shards and his horn) and I didn't really consider The Pinkie Clones dead...They were the magical manifestations of the well....and They were just reverted to their true form and sent back to whence they came...

• 1 month later...

A Quest For Love: An Apple-Pear Family Story <-- I like to believe this is what happened to AJ's parents. There are many more Fanfics that explain what happened to them on FimFiction, but this story seems to make the most sense to me and seems to fit in logically with the series. The story is still incomplete and the writer seems to be in hiatus.... hope he/she finishes soon cause they left the story on a real cliff hanger... 

Because we've seen Big Mac and Applejack around when they were younger, without Apple Bloom because she had yet to be born, I believe that the Apple family parents did a lot of traveling. Episodes where we see Big Mac and AJ when they were younger most likely takes place when their parents were out traveling Equestria, more than likely selling their apples as they traveled from town to town. They would come home, with the proof of Apple Bloom being born after Big Mac and AJ, but it couldn't have been for very long amounts of time, as AJ and Big Mac in the episode "The perfect pear" had to ask others what their parents were like, meaning that even when their parents were at home, it wasn't for long periods of time, and obviously their parents would be traveling Equestria for extend periods of time. I believe that the Apple family parents died while they were on one of their extended travels. The most likely way they died would have been some type of an accident, possibly their wagon went out of control and they fell off a cliff, or they got into a deadly accident with another wagon, or got attacked by a vicious wild animal.   

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/13/2018 at 5:49 PM, King of Canterlot said:

Because we've seen Big Mac and Applejack around when they were younger, without Apple Bloom because she had yet to be born, I believe that the Apple family parents did a lot of traveling. Episodes where we see Big Mac and AJ when they were younger most likely takes place when their parents were out traveling Equestria, more than likely selling their apples as they traveled from town to town. They would come home, with the proof of Apple Bloom being born after Big Mac and AJ, but it couldn't have been for very long amounts of time, as AJ and Big Mac in the episode "The perfect pear" had to ask others what their parents were like, meaning that even when their parents were at home, it wasn't for long periods of time, and obviously their parents would be traveling Equestria for extend periods of time. I believe that the Apple family parents died while they were on one of their extended travels. The most likely way they died would have been some type of an accident, possibly their wagon went out of control and they fell off a cliff, or they got into a deadly accident with another wagon, or got attacked by a vicious wild animal.   

This is the best explanation I've seen. How do I say this... In all of the flashbacks that come before Apple Bloom's birth, her parents seem just as dead as they do during the present. But they can't be dead in those flashbacks, since Apple Bloom has not been born yet. So until they were finally acknowledged in "Crusaders of the Lost Mark," there was no evidence that they were any more dead than they were in those flashbacks. Now we know that they're dead now, and weren't dead then. But their absence seems the same in both the present and the past. As Apple Bloom seems not to have known them very well, it makes sense that they died shortly after her birth. Their absence in "Where the Apple Lies" is strange though.

On 1/25/2018 at 2:03 AM, Kings&Hooves14 said:

Beware of strangers bearing apples...

AppleR.png.f5af4b1e03f937ec73e7af73ab732b8a.png

As an Once Upon a Time fan, I'm pleasantly surprised to see you use an image like that.

As for me, I personally thought while the Apple Pearents were traveling collecting seeds like the Smith Family did on Bright Mac's side of the family, they were captured by Changelings. This was long before the attack on the Canterlot Royal Wedding. I imagine that one Changeling Guard actually felt sorry for them and would regret not helping them get back home. At least the Pearents managed to get out of the Hive on their own, but without someone to guide them back to the nearest town, they got lost and died together in the middle of nowhere where the authorities found them.

Honestly, this is just my head fanon. Don't take it too seriously. What do you guys think? 

My theory, is that it was a freak accident with farming equipment or something? Maybe it didn't even involve farming equipment, it was just a freak accident in general. 

Or maybe, it was timberwolves or some predatory animal like that. 

I honestly wish they'd reveal the cause of their death in the show. I doubt they ever will, though. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

@Lucky Bolt  Funny you mention timberwolves, because a fanfic I read one time had explained that their cause of death was due to complications of them becoming werewolves.

It's called A Hairy Problem, if you're interested in reading it.  (However, it was written before Season 7, so they aren't described or named as Bright Mac and Pear Butter)

• Brohoof 1

On 1/15/2018 at 6:43 AM, Magic_Spark said:

What if they are captured and are imprisoned somewhere else outside of Equestria? Somewhere that no pony can go to rescue them. 

Perhaps at some point if the show wanted to could do an episode based on it. After all Twilight brought back Starswirl.

Why would they be trapped? Why are they so much more important then others? I would've hate it if they return...

• 2 weeks later...

Has it ever been explicitly confirmed they are dead? Yeah, it's been hinted at but I'm sure there isn't any proof of it being the case.