Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was inspired by SveciaDash,'s thread of Have you ever cried during an episode, and thought that "Yes I have, but more so from the songs.". 

I have downloaded and regularly listen to various songs from the show and the movies and there are some that, even though I am not watching it on the screen, make me tear up or flat out sob because of the emotional cord they strike with me.  

Mine are below, please tell us which ones have made you emotional and why! 

Spoiler

MLP: FiM

• Winter Wrap Up- Yes yes I know, I mean how could this one make me emotional? Well I resonate with Twilight Sparkle with her want to help out but not use magic. Wanting to be a part of this tradition, in the traditional way, is tough. I always feel that I may be out of the box and in moments when it doesn't call for it, I try to reign myself in and do what everyone else is doing and how they are doing it. Plus the singing in this song is beautiful. 
  • Celestia's Ballad- OH MAN! This one gets me every time. I am embarking on a 10+ year degree to become a PhD in Astronomy. It is the hardest undertaking I have ever been through, and I'm only 1 year in! When I hear this song I envision myself at the end of my journey, receiving my degree and the feeling of accomplishment that I'll feel on that day brings me to tears. Hearing Celestia commend Twilight for "all the ways you've made me proud of you" makes me think of how proud I will and my parents will be when I accomplish my dream. 
  • A True, True Friend- Another good one! Listening to all the friends try to get their cutie marks and talents back to one another gets me. By the time Applejack is trying to get Pinkie back and I hear the town yell, "PINKIE!" I'm tearing up. 
  • The Magic Inside- This reminds me of when I owned up to being a brony. The way my family is, I was nervous that they were going to think I was weird and not acknowledge a big part of my life. When I finally just opened up and casually posted it on facebook, I tried not to make it a big dramatic thing, my family embraced that I was an adult who had a deep love and appreciation for a children's show. My sister even sent me a MLP makeup bag from Etsy for my birthday. It was wonderful. 

MLP: EG

• Rainbow Rocks
    • Awesome as I Want to Be: When I watched this movie I was going through a very dark part of my life. I was depressed, was crying and calling out of work uncontrollably. I was letting my emotions run my life because I was unhappy with where my life was going (this was before I found Astronomy) When I would have a tough day getting out of bed, in order to go to work which I hated, I would play (more like BLAST) this on my drive into work and it would pump me up for the next 8 hours. This song has a special place in my heart for helping me get through those days. 
    • Welcome to the Show: This goes back to the feeling of being included. When Sunset Shimmer and the girls realize that she is the missing link to beating the Dazzlings, when she starts singing and her Red color is added to the rainbow of the others, and she ponies up I lose it. The feeling of inclusion, just how we are, is one everyone seeks and seeing her reach this is so beautiful.
  • Legend of Everfree
    • Legend You are Meant to Be: This goes with Celestia's Ballad for me, speaking to the grueling endeavor of school and perhaps making a scientific breakthrough, or contributing to one at least.
    • The Midnight in Me: My family had once flat out said that they could never see me as a depressed person. And for a while I believed them because I honestly had nothing to be depressed about. But that's the funny thing about depression, if it can so be called, it creeps up on you and hits you at once and then you're in a hole so dark you can't see or think of any light. When I finally told them I had been going to a doctor for help, they were still a little hesitant to believe it. But then I started giving them examples of how unfortunately they contributed to my depression. When I let them see the midnight in me, it helped but it was tough. This song really spoke to me as I struggled with facing and telling others about the midnight in me just like Twilight. 
    • Hope Shines Eternal: Need I say more? I mean it's simply a great optimistic song for anyone struggling. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

From the show specifically? No, not really. The show's music is nice and all, but I'm not really a fan of that type of music.

If you're asking for brony music however, then absolutely. Lullaby for a Princess and Strangers both are extremely emotional songs for me, and I personally LOVE the Living Tombstone's remix of "Smile Song". Its jolly tune kept me happy through a really dark time in my life.

Edited by Meson Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Meson Bolt said:

From the show specifically? No, not really. The show's music is nice and all, but I'm not really a fan of that type of music.

If you're asking for brony music however, then absolutely. Lullaby for a Princess and Strangers both are extremely emotional songs for me, and I personally LOVE the Living Tombstone's remix of "Smile Song". Its jolly tune kept me happy through a really dark time in my life.

Thank you for replying, I never really thought of fan made music! I was just on another tab in my browser, going to check out pony.fm and see what all the hubbub was about fan made pony music! So I will give those a listen! Isn't it amazing, whether from the show or from fan inspired music, we can get through dark times in our lives from ponies? Thanks for sharing Meson Bolt! 

• Brohoof 3

'Fraid so - both "The Magic Inside" and "Equestria My Home" at the end of "The Mane Attraction" get to me, it's silly especially because I'm a 16 year old guy but there we go :/

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Harratot33 said:

'Fraid so - both "The Magic Inside" and "Equestria My Home" at the end of "The Mane Attraction" get to me, it's silly especially because I'm a 16 year old guy but there we go :/

No shame here dahling! This is a no judgment zone and I commend you for replying! :grin:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Harratot33 said:

Not that silly - and I am a LOT older than that :D

I do love the Satellite PMV too, but it doesn't have the same emotional impact as RaRa/Lena Hall's awesome performance in TMA, or for that matter, Diamond Tiara/Chantal Strand's heartbreaking "The Pony I want to be"

• Brohoof 2

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Not that silly - and I am a LOT older than that :D

I do love the Satellite PMV too, but it doesn't have the same emotional impact as RaRa/Lena Hall's awesome performance in TMA, or for that matter, Diamond Tiara/Chantal Strand's heartbreaking "The Pony I want to be"

Oh man! I forgot about Diamond Tiara's "The Pony I want to be"! :( Good one! 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Planetaria said:

Oh man! I forgot about Diamond Tiara's "The Pony I want to be"! :( Good one! 

That entire episode has plenty of awesome songs, mostly around DT's redemption of course, but even rewatching that song makes me fight not to tear up...:(

• Brohoof 1

Eeyup. There's some songs that are very very very emotive for me.

This is some examples:

And also there's another one, for the last MLP episode (7x13), so I'll put it in spoilers

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, jorge123esp said:

Eeyup. There's some songs that are very very very emotive for me.

This is some examples:

And also there's another one, for the last MLP episode (7x13), so I'll put it in spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

OH MAN! These are good ones! I love "you'll play your part" too! And I can't wait to see the episode with Applejacks parents because that song is to die for! 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Planetaria said:

OH MAN! These are good ones! I love "you'll play your part" too! And I can't wait to see the episode with Applejacks parents because that song is to die for! 

Thanks :) Also, there's another song that is specially heartbreaking for me. Is from It's a Pony Kind of Christmas album.

Oh god, I can't avoid crying with that song :( 

• Brohoof 2

"We'll Make Our Marks (Reprise)" with all the flack I give that episode, that ending just hit me so hard when I first watched it. I still can't watch the entire episode all the way through without getting teary eyed at that ending.

• Brohoof 3

I get emotional from BBBFF, for personal reasons. I actually get emotional at quite a few, but that's pry the biggest one. Don't even get me started at the fan-made stuff. Tears up the wazoo.

• Brohoof 1

A True True Friend

One of the few times where I've felt so much joy that I've cried like a baby :D . And during my ugly times where I've became numb to emotions is a huge plus :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

13 hours ago, Bronyfordays said:

I get emotional from BBBFF, for personal reasons. I actually get emotional at quite a few, but that's pry the biggest one. Don't even get me started at the fan-made stuff. Tears up the wazoo.

Awe BBBFF is definitely a sweet one and I could see how it could be very emotional. I'm the eldest in my clan so I can only imagine. 

Thanks for replying!

11 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

It's really hard not to tear up at "The Magic Inside", largely because of how incredible Lena Hall performed it.

Yes Lena Hall did an AMAZING job I even get chills when I hear it! 

Thanks for replying! 

9 hours ago, Star Trail said:

Twilight's song  "I'll Find a Way" from Magic Mystery Cure. Seeing Twilight so sad in her room left me pretty teary.    

Ooo I'll have to go watch this one again, as I can't place the song or episode off the top of my head.m, but I'm sure it is a good one! 

Thanks for replying!

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

A True True Friend

One of the few times where I've felt so much joy that I've cried like a baby :D . And during my ugly times where I've became numb to emotions is a huge plus :fluttershy:

Ah yes, a true true friend! Classic. Isn't it wonderful how in even the darkest times, Daniel Ingram has a way of breaking through to us and helping us in a way? :kindness:

Thanks for replying!

6 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

Yes with both Best Friends Until The End Of Time and You're In My Head Like A Catchy Song. Both those songs were f**king amazing.

Oh I do love You're In My Head Like A Carchy Song, even though I have yet to see the episode. Is Until The End Of Time in the same episode? I'll have to look that one up!

Thanks for replying!

10 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Diamond Tiara song and CMC song when they got their marks. I didnt cry, just teared up a little bit.

I felt similar, I was happy to see the cmc's finally get their cutie marks and their sisters (including RD) telling them how proud they were got me welling up, Tiaras song was almolst more of a relief that shes really not the brat deep down we thought her to be. 

Thanks for replying!

7 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

A True True Friend

One of the few times where I've felt so much joy that I've crie like a baby :D . And during my ugly times where I've became numb to emotions is a huge plus :fluttershy:

Oh yes. It is my favourite song. I usually cry a little listening it. Recently I cried listening song from The perfect pear.

• Brohoof 1